5th Gen Thread

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by halcyon, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

IMG_7248.jpeg
    @NyanNyan's Pet @baymon Come on how can they deny fans this? Lol yeah you’re right. Solo center is more likely and also unit.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2023
  2. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    34th single (2nd round) meguri result:

1. Ioki Mao - 30/30 (+27) (2nd round sold out!!)
    2. Inoue Nagi - 30/30 (+28) (2nd round sold out!!)

3. Ikeda Teresa - 28/30 (+28)
    4. Nakanishi Aruno- 27/30 (+27)
    5. Tomisato Nao - 25/30 (+25)
    6. Ichinose Miku- 23/30 (+21)
    7. Kawasaki Sakura - 15/30 (+15)
    8. Ogawa Aya - 7/30 (+7)
    9. Sugawara Satsuki - 5/30 (+5)

10. Okuda Iroha - 0/30
    10. Okamoto Hina- 0/30

Wow, many surprises there.... 5ki power struggle is real!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. Jumps_Zilla

Jumps_Zilla Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    <3 Nishino Nanase <3
    Hasn't Aruru been getting good HS numbers thus far? :)

Cheers!

4. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    Wow, Mao is on the assault... I'm worried about Saku-chan's drop though, and also about sweet Satsuki...

And as always, I find the fact that Iroha is struggling, very annoying. This girl is worthy of so much more.

Also, @baymon I like that, while you seem to be a hard-core Nagi fan, but you have expressed you also like Teresa, you changed your avatar with one of the best Teresa pics... I'm glad about that!

5. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I really thought Aruno will be selected. I guess next release is her return. If they were to keep a balanced selection, could mean Under for Satsuki. Glad that Mao sold out. Still amused by last single's result. Nao is gaining momentum and Aya is having her best start.

6. Xena55

Xena55 Kenkyuusei

Everyone talking about Satsuki drop but I'm really surprised and happy about Nao steady rise to the same level of the most popular 5ki members. It thought she would stay low in sales.

About Aruno, I hope that her "punishment" was no Senbatsu in 2023 and she gets selected next single. Is going to feel weird they keep skipping her if not. But not surprised at her improvement, she was given a lot of focus in the last Under Live and also the "Arunormality" PV did amazing numbers for a PV plus it is an amazing song lol

Also I know they wanted to do Nao-Mao but pls no more 3rd row for Mao ever

7. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    I'm actually proposing the idea of 11 5th gens eventually corporates to senbatsu, I mean these girls are the golden generation.
    I'm not only talking about their beauty/ talent, but also their attitude, in general, 5th members are very pro-active, it's the most stood out trait of this gen IMO.
    Although it may take time for Iroha and Okahina to join senbatsu, the other 9 are easily a regular senbatsu from their qualities + popularity,
    now if Okahina and Iroha could catch up on that popularity part, 11-man-full-gen senbatsu isn't really impossible IMO.

Aya is likely the UC on this 34th and Aruno with her clear popularity + variety performance, these 2 are easily senbatsu-member in 35th IMO.

• Like Like x 5
  8. hart123

hart123 Member Stage48 Donor

I just want to say that i got back to Nogi because of 5ki

Started binged Nogichuu in the last 2 months and damn this 5ki is gold
    For me, 5ki have a good impressions in this early stage than 3ki or 4ki.

Well maybe this is one of the reason why Nogi is still very relevant.
    They really did a good job getting these talented girls lol

9. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    We have to acknowledge 4th gen's fair share to the success and overall health of the group. I remember that it was the 4th that totally rekindled my interest to the group and at that time with the skits and doko-e I was awed by the new girls... I couldn't believe how a new influx of girls would be better...

Until the 5th arrived...

This wonderful bouquet of fluffy girls...

This taught me to always say that only the sky is the limit, and for the time being enjoy what these 11 are plentifully offering us (senbatsu or not)...

10. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    4th gen is the good kind of reserved nogis;
    5th is like the good kind of proactive nogis, both are charming in their own way, depends on what you seek from an idol

that being said, seeing 5th overall high qualities, 6th gens might not necessarily surpass them or at least it's a very tall wall to overcome.
    although unlikely, a pleasant surprise is welcomed though.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    If this meguri result continue this trend, there is absolutely no reason mgmt don't put 9 5ki members in senbatsu. I'm hoping this is the case by 35th or 36th single.

• Like Like x 1
  12. NyanNyan's Pet

I wouldn't call it punishment but if she still doesn't get selected next time, then I would suspect something is up
    By now I don't know what else they can do to change that. Some members have picked up the phase while some slowed down, but sad to say both Iroha and Hina remain cellar dwellers. The most consistent of course is Nagi and I believe Mao will keep this strong result. I've always been a Mao believer. Next single could potentially determine the pecking order in future releases. Who will remain permanent and who's not? Satsuki peaked early but perhaps it wasn't meant to last long. Will the same trend happen to Sakura? Will this NaoNao surge continue? Can Aya further improve? How about Teresa and Miku? I'm sure they will sell all slots, but we know what happened to Rei and I guess with Yuna too.

The problem with 9 of them inside Senbatsu would mean there is no more space left reserved for returning members like Riria, Kaede, Tamami. It would have been Aruno and Aya already instead of Mukai and Kuromi. No chance for Reno, Runa, Miyu, or Rika to come back. While only YAC & Yakubo are left among the seniors, that will officially close the door for them. When the next wave of graduation comes, pretty sure they are already preparing to welcome the next generation. I don't know how they can balance things up if they will accommodate that large number of 5th gen inside Senbatsu. I'm not saying it's not possible, at least in one single release they can do that. But I like the way they do the selection now.

13. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Not saying that 9 5ki should be permanent. Eventually 5ki novelty would wear down, especially if 6ki coming which might be next year. Then their meguri will also sell less. That's what happened to 3ki and 4ki in the past. But while they are in their peak, I really think the 9 5ki is reasonable.

1 spot can be freed for returning member if let say Yuna is dropped. It might be painful after being almost permanent, but that's what happened to Rei. Or they can easily increase to 21 senbatsu if Kanagawa is returning. Cause I don't think they should rob Satsuki just to let Aruno and Aya in, especially when she is still selling better than some other 4ki.

14. NyanNyan's Pet

Increasing the number of Senbatsu is a good way to do it. I do agree it's possible, as early as next single. Mukai and Kuromi out, Aruno and Aya in. Even if Kanagawa comes back, that's just 21 members. If it does happen, I will also be happy. But will they do it? I'm not sure.

Of course, if we compare them to the likes of Mukai, Kuromi, even Yuna or Ayame, they are still selling better/faster (for now). That's a very good point. I think they put seniority into consideration when these other members finally got selected. Or simply, giving them the chance to experience it even just once.
    We have a very healthy competition happening within this group of still very young members. Right now, that is something we can all be happy about.

15. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    First of all, each member of Nogis are excellent beauties, however in a gathering of these top excellent beauties, eventually rank started to build up. Whether it measured by beauty, personality, variety or live performance.

Looking at 34th line-up, it's indeed very hard to pick who to swap out, let's say either Hazuki or Kuromi is occupying Saya's spot, that'd mean only one person could remain in senbatsu next, meanwhile in Under there are members like Runa, Miyu, Rei whom I would vouch for senbatsu any day since they are so worth it for that seat, Performance & Variety✅, but even among those there are Aya and Aruno who are almost certainly be in senbatsu for 35th, considering their abilities and popularity.

It is almost impossible to force more members to senbatsu unless you want to make it really big senbatsu(22+). IMO, the biggest separation between Senbatsu and Under is apperance in Nogichuu & TV promotion performance. While the latter can't be helped, I certainly do wish we can accommodate more members in Nogichuu.

All and all, I believe that although their popularity varies, but these girls are all high quality individuals, they deserve Senbatsu-seat but also would shine just fine in Under, however, ultimately they need EXPOSURE the most, because this occupation as an idol is only their stepping stone for the next big step in entertainment industry.

16. NyanNyan's Pet

That's what I've been saying. You drop a member or as mentioned, increase Senbatsu. If you put 9 from 5th gen, you need to adjust the other. That's where I have my doubt if they would do that. But I did agree, it is possible. Personally, I'm happy with the way they do the selection now. I'm not gonna pretend to be a big Yoshida or Yakubo fan, but I like the fact they have a chance to be selected just like Mukai and Kuromi did.
    Not so much these days. Just last Kojichu, Rei, Yakubo, Riria, Iroha, Rika, Reno, Kaede and Aruno are all there. I remember Aya in previous episodes too. For TV promo, Under members usually sub. Runa even got to sub for Kubo at the center position one time.
    That is why we should enjoy each moment. Yamashita, Yoda or Kubo could take the next big step next year. Another reason we should be happy with a very competitive 5th gen and hope the next generation will be a good challenge (as in talented, 'high quality individuals').

17. NEVBOSS

NEVBOSS Member

Oshimen:
    Duck Lord & ktgw_bby
    Twitter:
    nevermorepicker
    35th, they will do that, more like they don't have another choice but to include Aruno and Aya in senbatsu, these 2 are too massive to be hold for another single in Under when they are clearly too popular and possess tremendous performance value, Aya being excellent dancer & vocal and Aruno is very entertaining in variety as Shitara regularly tease & praise her, plus her vocal that clearly stood out as the strongest in the group.

If these 2 managed to proven and solidify the reason they were chosen, I don't see any reason that management would drop them back to under. Once 5th member rose to senbatsu, unlike the past with other members, is very unlikely they are going to be dropped back to under that's how strong this gen is IMHO.

But does this means members like Yoshida and Yakubo are impossible to be in senbatsu? well, actually no, for example graduation of senbatsu member would open an opportunity for those fixed members to move-up, leaving another opportunity on the 3rd liner. I do heard that lately 3rd gens are solidifying themselves, denying the idea that some of them might grad., but eventually they will and gen wise, they are the most likely not only age wise but because we know that most of 3rd gens are already prominent enough to survive in entertainment world without being under the banner of Nogizaka.

• Like Like x 1
  18. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    34th single (3rd round) meguri result:

1. Ioki Mao - 30/30 (2nd round sold out!!)
    2. Inoue Nagi - 30/30 (2nd round sold out!!)

3. Ikeda Teresa - 30/30 (+2) (3rd round sold out!!)
    4. Nakanishi Aruno- 30/30 (+3) (3rd round sold out!!)
    5. Tomisato Nao - 30/30 (+5) (3rd round sold out!!)
    6. Ichinose Miku- 30/30 (+9) (3rd round sold out!!)
    7. Kawasaki Sakura - 30/30 (+15) (3rd round sold out!!)

8. Sugawara Satsuki - 29/30 (+24)
    9. Ogawa Aya - 23/30 (+16)

10. Okuda Iroha - 0/30
    10. Okamoto Hina- 0/30

Satsuki still ahead of Aya, and only missed 1 slot, so I think her position should still be fine.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. TAMU

TAMU Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Joe Pesci
    It boggles the mind how Ioki has been on par with Nagi last single and on this one yet when someone had to be relegated to the back row it had to be her.

20. NyanNyan's Pet

Yup, they better fix that next single.
    Aya is on her way up, whether she's selected next single or not, it wouldn't matter much. Her center position will be an extra boost so I hope they'll get a good song and hopefully a MV too.