Single Nogizaka46 34th Single [Monopoly] (2023.12.06)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by Generic_User, Oct 30, 2023.

1. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    3rd row that has more screen time are Nao nao, Ayame and Hazuki. There's almost no Yumiki and Satsuki except for the group dance.

My favorite part is the whole scene during the bridge that starts with Saku Kakki dance, followed by the circle platform and culminates with Nagi staring at the camera saying "kimi ga sukida", wow....
    Oh...and I also really like the dance of the "oh oh oh" part towards the end when they are making wonder woman pose, haha... Nice!

2. Quark

Quark Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Im not talking about screen time distribution itself, im talking about making an impact with the limited time they have. To put an example, when I think about the MV of Hito wa yume wo nido miru, Matsuo Miyu made a huge impact on me. In these MV I didn't get that from anybody except Teresa and Mukai a little.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

I've seen the MV a few times, 3rd row members I remember are Kuromi (althought blurred) NaoNao, Ayame, Yuna. A scene with Mukai, Mao and Nao. I remember a glimpse of Miku smile and maybe Yumiki somewhere I can't recall. She's Kuromi's partner at the table right? Pony tail girl? The ones I don't remember are Satsuki and Mayu (although maybe I saw Mayu but can't remember). Well, sometimes each member gets a good screen time, and sometimes they don't. I am still not a big fan of the song but the MV to me is great. So colorful, Shiawase / Tight Hug vibe. Ok, I'm gonna watch it again now.

Btw, Yamashita's outfit reminds me of Sailor moon :D

4. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Yeah majority of the wotas on matome sites are griping about the lack of screen time for some members. Some members had a “monopoly” on screen time. :/

• Creative Creative x 9
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Kataomoi

Kataomoi Member

Oshimen:
    Ikuta-chan
    can't barely see 3rd row members? why not watch the Monopoly at 60fps

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Nov 23, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. watash.Iwa

watash.Iwa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    小林由依
    I finally watched the MV and the song keeps growing on me. This one is beautiful, one of their best along with Saigo no tight hug. The only problem is what everyone else already said in this thread, 3rd row members lack of screentime.

KakkiSaku was the perfect choice for this one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    LOL indeed, this reminds me of my frustration when my kami-oshi, Miyu Takeuchi of AKB48, was included in a senbatsu for the FIRST and LAST TIME after almost 10 years in the group. It was the (awful and the-wrong-way-chaotic, IMHO) "No way man" that was released after the well-schemed, machinated and executed Stage48 in S. Korea. AKB48 has decided to include all Japanese finalists of Stage48 into their single at the time, so Miyu was included...

Well, she was practically invisible. Her fans, (yes, I've been a Miyucat) were enraged but took it stoically and excelled in a new game called "spot Miyu"! Only when playing the MV at the speed of 0.25x I was able to see a blurred image of Miyu's hair for practically a split-second...

Glorious times...

So guys, even the worst case here in the "monopoly" MV (I don't know which girl was the most unlucky 3rd liner), is thousands of times better that the treatment of some veteran idols in that hell of a single, back in 2018...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

The director could have adjusted the depth of field on the camera and not have the 3rd row bokeh’d out in the formation shots. I’m not sure if his main goal was only to highlight the front but mgmt should’ve caught this oversight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    MV view has been quite sluggish compared to last single, only 880k views in 2 days. In comparison, ohitorisama gets close to 1M in 1 day. Such a shame for this kind of wonderful MV. I wonder if it's due to the screentime issue. Hope this does not affect the sales though.

10. NyanNyan's Pet

Probably because fans are very excited about the new center and imo, Ohitorisama is still the better song that satisfied fans' expectations. Although screen time could be part of it, even though the MV is really beautiful. I don't remember seeing this complaint last single.

Barely two weeks left before release and still nothing from the other songs :rolleyes:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    5ki MV will be released tomorrow.

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  12. unknownsensei

unknownsensei Upcoming Girls

Good simple costume and the filming location are nice. Great quality mv and nicely choreographed ,same director that did Kangaenai yo ni Suru.
    Nothing wow with the song honestly,but still decent change of a more chill but serious song, more fitting for Aya than a cutesy song which will be too cliche. In my opinion the dance choreography actually enhance the song and give option during concert performance, they can do the dance ver or the sing only ver since its a chill song.

13. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    The 5ki song is kinda boring, I'm not digging it, one of the weaker 5ki song tbh.... The MV is nice though, simple yet artistic and elegant. Also 5ki visuals keeps making me go wow everytime.

14. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    The production overall is superb. All girls got the visuals, of course, but the shots enhance them even further, especially those near the end with the streaks of sunlight on their pretty faces.
    The costumes were also magnificent in their simplicity and the spartan setup was in par with the simple but soothing melody.
    I only had a somewhat claustrophobic feeling when that purple artificial ceiling effect was hovering above the girls.
    In general I liked it very much. I did not find the song boring AT ALL... A simpler (not so beat-y) ballad suits Aya better and the song conveys and reflects the feeling of love and protection of all members towards her...

• Like Like x 3
  15. manamonn

manamonn Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    松井玲奈、田村真祐、池田英紗、宮田愛萌、佐藤美波
    i think its one of those songs that you need to listen a few times to start liking it
    the mv is good, but the purple ceiling was really terrible and scary, it ruined the dance scenes for me

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. NyanNyan's Pet

The more I listen to the song, the more it feels so forgettable. It's really hard to remember. MV is nice but I can do without that purple CG. My only take away, that they all look gorgeous. Especially Aya at center.
    Looking forward to the remaining songs. Seems like they will play it on ANN.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
  17. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    The descriptions on the matome sights of the songs played during Kubo's ANN make me want to hear the radio rips even though the radio rips are going to sound terrible...

18. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Hitsujikai yo sound good and has many harmonization part. It feels like a modern city pop style, with a bit retro disco style on chorus. It is definetly my genre.

• Like Like x 1
  19. NyanNyan's Pet

I love Ume unit song. Maybe because it somehow reminds me of 11gatsu no Anklet. Yoda group has a summery vibe which is nice but it's nothing I haven't heard from them before. Yama unit does sound like those retro showa pop. I'm not too interested. Now last but not least, Hitsujikai yo. At first, I thought it was a familiar sound coming from the other Sakamichi group. But the chorus, man I'm loving it! The two units I was looking forward to, love both songs. Finally.

20. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

WE WERE IN SOUTH KOREA????????

• Winner Winner x 1