Generation AKB48 18th Generation

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Mana, Oct 9, 2022.

1. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Congrats to Yuna and Azu!

I'm surprised it's neither Sae nor Yui that was chosen among the first 18ki to become senbatsu, but as a low-key Azu stan, I'm very happy for her. She's caught my eye a few times lately - on that subbed episode of Nemousu TV, I thought her baka character (whether real or fake) was really adorable and made me want to support her. Her solo song performance at the concert a while ago really impressed me too - AKB really needs more good singers!

I'm tempted to buy hanashikai tickets for her even though I haven't bought a single ticket since Kobayashi Ran's graduation... :fear: Does anyone have any fan reports on what Azu is like during HS?

• Like Like x 5
  2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
  4. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    • Like Like x 1
  5. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    17ki vs 18ki Sport Competition! Nemousu Special Episode!
    [​IMG]
    As the last episode of Nemousu TV Season 41, this episode is 1h30m long! Full of high quality 17ki 18ki contents!
    If you haven't watched it yet, 100% recommended! Rewatch them later as you know more about them, more of their interactions make more sense[hehe]
    Apparently both groups were fired up with the competition beyond what the staffs expected :^^;:

Can 18ki win against their senpais?
    [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/kasumin_akb48/status/1737762926784897415

Contains lots of Boasting and Roasting of each other before the competitions (don't take it seriously, all jokes)
    Some funny boast/roast tidbits :
    [​IMG]
    Yuichi ate Yukinee's popcorn and didn't return it at all?

[​IMG]
    Kohi doesn't know much about Japan's prefectures outside Hokkaido?
    Kohi also doesn't know how to grill meat in Yakiniku?

[​IMG]
    Kasumin didn't follow most of 17ki in Instagram? Even though they followed her?

[​IMG]
    18ki often point out dance mistakes to 17ki during theater shows? Making Sorara-paisen feels a bit underestimated?
    (slight spoiler, Yunachan handled this one very well in the episode)

[​IMG]
    ChanHina feels like she has sexier aura than Masaru? Also she's doing gravure the first thing next year to prove the point?

They also touched on members with the same hairstyles, of course each favoring their own:
    Who do you think fits the hairstyle better?
    Forehead showing style: Yumemin vs Mizumin
    Ponytail gang: Yuichi vs Masaru
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

for the competitions themselves, it's best enjoyed if you watch it fully, I try not to spoil much!

watch here: >> link

Their lunch option on that day was decided based on the winner of the 3rd event.
    [​IMG]
    There were 3 options, the Luxurious JojoEn Bento, the common Nori Bento, and Pan no Mimi (Bread Crusts)
    Winner can choose the lunch for themselves, the opponent and for the staffs
    Guess which one 18ki gets?[hehe]

During break time Kasumin managed to find a lucky four leaf clover! Signs that 18ki will win? :fear:
    [​IMG]

Also Saechan touched on the fact that Kokko couldn't spell the number 1 in English well.
    They decided to prove it is easy by asking Yuichi to do it, the result :^^;::
    [​IMG]

So in the middle of sports competition, there is a sudden English spelling competition, now spelling 2-5, which should be easy even for grade-schoolers.
    Result?? :rofl: See for yourself:
    43180503.jpg 5d57d839.jpg 36952dc0.jpg

One competition where 18ki really shines is the balancing competition, on a 35x35 square!
    Contrary to even the staffs' expectation, they managed to fit all 7 members there! Proof for teamwork and bonds?!
    Was it enough to win?
    [​IMG]

On the last competition Saechan finally able to join after finishing her school duties.
    Will she be able to leave her mark and help 18ki win??
    [​IMG]

After the last competition, the winner is......
    18ki wins! :1st:
    Absolute win, and after giving 17ki a lot of handicaps too:^^;::^^;:
    18ki is just the more outdoor-sporty gen after all! :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After all those competitive spirits, roasting and boasting, it's time for reconciliation:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Opinions:
    • I totally feel the Yunachan leader aura, she was able to guide and direct her team, also diffuse and divert negative stuffs away with her quick thinking. Future captain/soukantoku?
    • Kasumin and 17ki's Masaru MC/Variety skills really helped making the episode more fun! Overall outside Kasumin/Yuichi 17ki girls still have more variety skills IMO.
    • The atmosphere was just right for AKB variety! You can feel the rivalry building up but it was still friendly enough. Like the old AKB Teams we know and love! ;)
    • Looking forward for the AKB they'll create in the future!
    [​IMG]
    ==============================

This year, 18ki was in charge of the Christmas theater show!
    We got great group photos! Merry Christmas from 18ki!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Seems like they did some nostalgic AKB Christmas Medley (Noel no Yoru > Totteoki Christmas > Christmas ga Ippai)
    [​IMG]

if the video does not show watch the video here

======================
    This is getting too long, but one more!
    Year End 2023 IPPACHI Room!

if the video does not show watch the video here
    Featuring all 8 18ki members!
    Covers their feast in Asakusa, as the reward for completing all the IPPACHI challenges so far!
    Basically adventuring to gather famous, delicious food items around there.
    [​IMG]
    Saechan sadly was absent due to being sick at the time.
    But they saved one sweets for her to enjoy during the livestream! :)
    [​IMG]

Due to time constraints, the "heart-to-heart, emotional talk" after the feast was cut [hehe]
    But the producer seems to say it will be released in the future :2nd:

[​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/SHOWROOM_jp/status/1739662572893393407

Last edited: Dec 28, 2023
    • Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    RIDOL GP2023 (12/29)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    Pics of RIDOL GP performance above
    from Yumemin, Yunachan and Azu's tweets
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Using the new AKB costumes!
    As usual, overall similar but bits and pieces are different for each one, always love that style!

https://twitter.com/yumemi_sako0205/status/1740858018965942603
    https://twitter.com/yunachan_akb48/status/1740716689455714424
    https://twitter.com/azuki_yagi0322/status/1740723246868357164

=========================
    More tidbits on Nemousu episode
    18ki's Ranking of AKB Generations based on Kawaii level/Cuteness:

[​IMG]
    1. 18ki
    2. Draft2 (basically Erii)
    3. 16ki
    4. Draft3
    5. 15ki
    6. 12ki (basically Yukarun)
    7. 17ki
    8. 13ki
    9. Draft1 (basically Hinana)
    10. 3ki (basically Yukirin)
    They dare put the most senior senpai at the bottom of cuteness ranking:^^;:
    18ki should pray Yukirin and Hinana never see these rankings.

18ki's Ranking of AKB Generations based on how "UnSmart" they seem: [hehe]
    [​IMG]
    1. 17ki (meaning the most UnSmart)
    2. Draft2
    3. 13ki
    4. Draft1
    5. Draft3
    6. 15ki
    7. 12ki
    8. 16ki
    9. 3ki
    10. 18ki (the smartest)
    putting 17ki as the most UnSmart is normal since this is a rivalry competition, but putting Erii and 13ki at number 2&3 is brave [hehe]

• Like Like x 6
  8. Lusankya

Lusankya Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    [EitoSubs]231221 AKB48 Nemousu TV Season 41 Ep09 (Final)

Translation and Timing: GEES
    Visual Typesetting and Q&A: Lusankya@EitoSubs

The final episode of this season is a nearly 100 minute Special. Here the 17ths and the 18ths nuke it out in a huge Athletic Festival Grudge Match.

https://twitter.com/EitoSubs/status/1741137621252702661

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  9. otabe

otabe Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    soraland
    At last, after holding off for so long I can finally watch! :p my thoughts..
    after 10,000 years, they finally give us what we wanted, an kks athletic battle!!
    Hinaron sounds kinda cute :blush: (side note maybe deep down she really does want to ditch the chanhina nickname :^O^: though she barely even uses it now!)
    from their little story, it does seem only kohi and miyuu (such great chemistry with the two) are left in the shared dorm :oops: perhaps they will get some new roommates when 19ki comes :fear:
    the announcer made me laugh couple times :hehe:
    mayuu showing up like a main character :cool:
    uh I guess Hina wants to do gravure when she turns 18 :|
    Not even her own gen mates will back up azu on being smarter than someone [hehe]
    glad at least sae could arrive at the end like the final boss :1st:

even though it was an obvious mismatch from the beginning, this was the best content akb has released in a long time! perhaps we need an academic battle next :^O^:
    nice ending speeches from our two aces. An 17ki & 18ki lead AKB is something I'm looking forward to ;)

• Like Like x 6
  10. Izzy Trinh

Izzy Trinh Future Girls Studio48 Contributor

Oshimen:
    AKB48 Yukirin, AKB48 Naamin
    @Lusankya Thanks for the sub.
    This is absolutely the best AKB TV content this year. Sae is the best in running, she doesn't lie to us. Seems like if they held an academic contest she could win the high position easily, such a queen. Yunachan shows a great leadership, and she’s confirmed to be the 18ki ACE now, isn’t she? Kasumin and Hinano is funny as expected, I wish they could bring AKBingo back both of them would be great in that. Last but not least Azu is such a baka, she’s a baka because she doesn’t realize that. Idk if that’s just her character or not but still an interesting (and unique) personality to follow.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Lusankya

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    The 18th are kinda full of extreme characters.
    On one hand you have the two star athletes, Sae and Yuna, on the other hand Kasumin who can barely run (although considering she's such an entertainer she probably overexaggerated it).
    Then for academics we (assumingly) have two great members, namely Sae and Yuna again, who are apparently some sort of super girls. And then on the bottom Yuichi and especially Azuki, who either is the best actor among all the KKS or really is a true baka who doesn't realize it.

But even the members who didn't fall into these extremes are quite entertaining and had their fair share of good lines in the special. Unlike some members of the 17ths, who barely spoke a word...
    I don't want to diss Kokko and Nonchan, but except for their moe lines (which they were forced to do) they both had like one single sentence in 90 minutes.

Now the 17ths of course were also great in general. Mayuu, Sora, Eriko, and Moka are just pure gold.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    At the New Year show, U22 performed and showed their Kakizome!
    [​IMG]
    watch at DMM or here if you havent!

The five 18ki girls that attended:
    [​IMG]

18ki Kakizome (First Writing of the Year) plus very ROUGH translations:
    [​IMG]
    Yunachan: 初志貫徹 Shoshikantetsu "Carrying out one's original intention"
    She wants to achieve her predetermined goals this year, and make 2024 the year she improve herself.

[​IMG]
    Azu: 常に前進 Tsune ni Zenshin "Always moving forward"
    This year nope she misspoke :^^;:, LAST year was a year of great change for her, this year she wants to advance even more!

[​IMG]
    Saechan: 竜驤麟振 RyouJouRinShin "Rise like a Dragon, Stand tall like a Qilin/Kirin"
    This one turned a lot of heads since it's very difficult[hehe], it basically means "having a lot of momentum or power"
    Perhaps she chose it because 2024 is the year of the dragon? The 4-kanji-word has lots of Dragon related references.:)

[​IMG]
    Yuichi: 飛躍するよ!? Hiyaku-suruyo!? "Leap forward!?"
    She wants to make more people know AKB from her dance and singing activities!

[​IMG]
    Kohi: 桜梅桃李 Oubaitori "Live your own way"
    The kanji is pretty beautiful, having 4 different trees with their own way of living.
    She will try not to compare with others, live and work hard her own way.

I apologize for any mistake in translation.

===========================
    <Happy New Year! Idol Hatsuyume Live> (Jan 3, 2024)
    (謹賀新年!アイドル初夢ライブ supported by @ JAM)
    By AKB48 Kenkyuusei (AKB48研究生)
    Including 6 girls from 18ki! (except Kohi and Yuichi)
    Setlist, fans' opinions, etc at 17ki thread here --> http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/akb48-17th-generation.23735/page-46#post-1817492

Same red costumes as the new year performance above, but we can now also see Yumemin, Kasumin and ChanHina in them!
    I've been waiting for a great group photo of all 16 KKS that performed, but so far there's none?? What are you doing, KKS manager? :gavel:
    So individual photos it will be for now then.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

=============================
    Meanwhile, Kohi and Yuichi used the free time to go back to their own hometown for a short holiday with their family:
    Kohi also got a new camera
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/kohina_narita/status/1742470431276400902

Yuichi's hometown seems to be Sasebo city in Nagasaki
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/yuichi_akb48/status/1742500048452407513

========================
    This part makes me chuckle every time I read it [hehe]
    Agree 100% those two are super girls in comparison to average AKB girls physical/academic level.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
    • Like Like x 7
  13. Lusankya

Oshimen:
    Okabe Rin, Omori Maho
    To be fair we definitely need them to do one of these "official" tests to be sure. Airi also looks like an honor student, but at least in the Nemousu math test she sucked (like everyone else from the 17ths).
    Now that we got the athletic festival we need the big KKS Intelligence Queen Special!

Last edited: Jan 4, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 5
  14. xabizalla96

xabizalla96 Member

Oshimen:
    MD, Love them all
    and with Ninety-Nine as special guest please :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Can the new 48G girls, who've had such a sheltered variety experience compared to the OG, handle a duo like Nintety-Nine? [hehe]

• Like Like x 2
  16. xabizalla96

xabizalla96 Member

Oshimen:
    MD, Love them all
    We have to try it, for research purposes

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. donjonnie

donjonnie Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Time's up
    As per usual every New Year, AKB members Kakizomes (First Writing of the New Year) are being displayed at the Theater lobby!
    GDD-nKha8AAgbpn.jpg
    https://twitter.com/AKB48_staff/status/1743173007772930509

Those words supposedly contain members' hopes and dreams for 2024
    (although some are clearly joking, like Miion's "Becoming BFF with everyone <3" [hehe])

Usually I wait for some fans photos from the theater, but
    fortunately fans pointed out that 18ki parts are clearly visible from the official post, on the top part:
    [​IMG]
    Assuming they follow the usual order, from Yuna to Yuichi,
    Here's another Kakizome translations for 18ki:
    • Yunachan 勇往邁進 YuuOuMaiShin - To move forward without fear and toward your goals and objectives
    • Saechan 信頼 Shinrai - Reliance, trust, confidence
    • Kasumin 成 Sei -"become", "achieve", "succeed"
    • ChanHina がんばる Ganbaru - Work hard/do one's best
    • Yumemin 初志貫徹 Shoshikantetsu - Carrying out one's original intention
    • Kohi 前進 Zenshin - Moving Forward, Advance
    • Azu 輝 Kagayaku - Shine, Sparkle
    • Yuichi 飛躍 Hiyaku - Making a Leap

==============================
    Ninety-Nine will be a bit too advanced for them although it will certainly be funny:^^;:
    I'd rather get them some potential younger comedian/duos that will stick with them for a bit longer, building bonds that might go over just the episode/show :)
    Like how we got BadBoyz, Ariyoshi or SpeedWagon for old AKB, or TopReed Waga-san, Miki, Suzuki Taku for Team8, I like their chemistry with the members that they worked along with, and some later might help them in their entertainment career with connections.
    So far the IPPACHI Room (and Iina Kenkyuujo too) are just having invisible directors :|

=========================
    Also speaking of Eito
    Yuna and Azu was doing commentary of the Spring Concert (part 1) on Eizo!
    Along with Yuiyui and Rinrin.
    These concert commentary series is dubbed as CMT48 (comment48?)
    [​IMG]
    At the Hachinosu Dance part,
    Azu informed that 18ki girls really wants to do Hachinosu Dance! (Around 50:21 of the video here)
    They really like the dance moves, lyrics and the feeling of unification of the song.

But a certain manager "M" said to them that it's difficult, so don't think about it :(
    18ki girls insisted and the manager said he/she'll think about it.
    Apparently this manager has been with Team8 since the beginning, since Rinrin also recognizes the person.:shock: This manager is the one that put in Eito songs in various KKS idol festival setlists.

Also 18 has "Eito" included after all, so they want to do a lot of Eito songs, Azu says[hehe]
    Yuiyui&Rinrin also want to pass down the "Yume e no Route" song since it's a nice song with wonderful lyrics<3
    18ki were surprised when Yuiyui talked about the "Yume e no Route" MV history where Team8 Members had to run a 4.7 km race for some extra seconds in the MV.
    (They didn't get AKB history lessons course or something? :gavel: I thought it was a common knowledge)
    Might be a good idea for next KKS MV theme:fear:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
    • Like Like x 4
  18. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Impressed by Yunachan and Yumemin for choosing proper 4-character proverbs (sorry if that's not what they're officially called). I always really like those.

I also like Azu's resolution for the year, very idol like!

They're telling that to the generation that debuted with NmHmR??? T_T

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    From wikipedia

A Yojijukugo (Japanese: 四字熟語) is a Japanese lexeme consisting of four kanji (Chinese characters). English translations of yojijukugo include "four-character compound", "four-character idiom", "four-character idiomatic phrase", and "four-character idiomatic compound". It is equivalent to the Chinese chengyu

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. xabizalla96

xabizalla96 Member

Oshimen:
    MD, Love them all
    Yeah, maybe too high level, they need training... DH, time to revive AKBingo/SayoMouri

Running? Oi, Kasumin will die if they do it :XD:

• Like Like x 2