[Subbed] Nogizaka Shows Thread

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by jiaemi, Sep 23, 2013.

1. signupsus

signupsus Member

BOOM! instead of DON! just illustrates your point so easily.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Hououin Kyouma

Hououin Kyouma Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Saitō Asuka/Kamimura Hinano
    To me, the general early response seems to be that the YouTube subtitles are very much aimed at what could be considered a typical common American viewer, which is what both corporate machine and corporate human translators would do. You target a specific archetype, a culture and country, rather than a language. Looking at experiences from, say, The Philippines or Europe, the YouTube version isn't really made for them. It's too adjusted to a specific type of person, which, if you don't fit it, means that can't fully engage with it simply by understanding English. You have to understand a vernacular and culture that's constantly evolving, especially because of the internet, which may actually makes it less accessible over time. These bots work mainly by analysing social media, but they're not reading all English speakers. They primarily look at specific regions, then identify that as being representative of all English speakers and countries.

TAMU is right in how contemporary the westernisation is. Perhaps it's even more for The U.S.A. and Canada than someone like me (from The U.K.) or Australians. The bot and human seem against adjusting viewers to Nihon. It isn't about getting you to understand what's said, even if the culture may be slightly unfamiliar at first. It rather makes the cast themselves familiar to the viewer, even though members' personalities or ways of speaking do get lost. It should bring all into their world, but localisations instead brings them into a certain viewer's world. G.E.E.S., on the other hand, is much more concerned with making sure that non-Nihongo speakers get it, regardless of how or where you learned or use English. Coming from a partial Nihongo speaker, I'd actively recommend G.E.E.S. over the YouTube subtitles.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. -SleepySlope46-

-SleepySlope46- Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikuta Erika
    reikazaka46 san, as always, i still need your service for hardsub ep444 uploaded by Sanjuro yesterday. kindly help. thanks.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. -SleepySlope46-

-SleepySlope46- Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ikuta Erika
    i hope GEES will continue their works on NUC. [also Sanjuro & reikazaka46 provided it here].
    simply because there will come a time the company will sell NUC in DVD form, im sure they'll delete those episode so that fans will buy those dvd. lol

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Kunkka

Kunkka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hayashi Runa
    Episode 445 is on youtube already. Granted, without subtitles.

if the video does not show watch the video here

6. maiyanzaka46

maiyanzaka46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    白石麻衣 / 守屋茜 / 佐々木久美
    oh damn i didn't even get a notification my bad lol was too focused on other ventures!

Hardsubs will be arriving soon!

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  7. maiyanzaka46

Oshimen:
    白石麻衣 / 守屋茜 / 佐々木久美
    • Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 5
  8. shinra94

shinra94 Kenkyuusei

There's just no substitute for passion when it comes to the subs done by invested community members over A.I. or 'dry' pro subs.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. signupsus

signupsus Member

Not to mention actually producing them. The YT subs still aren't up for 444. Being late in week 1 isn't a good sign, but thankfully GEES is still going with better results. Much appreciation to him!

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Hououin Kyouma

Oshimen:
    I'm hoping and praying that you stay in great physical and mental health, @reikazaka46! Keep yourself happy and healthy, as much as you do for a lot of others here, and in real life, I'm sure.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. maiyanzaka46

Oshimen:
    白石麻衣 / 守屋茜 / 佐々木久美
    I'm doing alright~! I just hate getting my blood drawn because it's usually done in sensitive areas on my arm but it's worth it because that's how they can tell I'm doing good!

My Nogi goal for this year to meet Ume, Yoda, and Zukki <3

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Kunkka

Kunkka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hayashi Runa
    Why don't you request to have it drawn from your hand? I can't stand getting blood drawn from my arm but perfectly fine with getting it drawn from the hand.

13. maiyanzaka46

Oshimen:
    白石麻衣 / 守屋茜 / 佐々木久美
    It actually hurts a lot worse in my hand lol it's noted in the oncologist's notes as a sensitive area so nurses don't try there at all unless it's a last resort

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Gingko_Balboa

Gingko_Balboa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    山崎怜奈 - 石森 璃花 - 松田好花
    Oncologist? Sound serious. I thought you had another food poisoning situation.

15. maiyanzaka46

Oshimen:
    白石麻衣 / 守屋茜 / 佐々木久美
    Nah, got diagnosed with leukemia in 2009. Thankfully been undetected for a couple of years now. That's how they find out my condition, with the blood drawing~ (I'm doing fine btw!)

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  16. signupsus

signupsus Member

For the record, the YT subs for 444 are now up (9 days after the video).

I will say this much - they were much better than I expected. They added in some of the captions like GEES does, and they got a lot of the studio chat the GEES usually leaves out. I'd say for really good episodes it will be worth it to watch with both subs.

And they did match perfectly with the 25:00 raws out there. But it was a bit funny to see "(Audio muted due to copyright reasons.)" with the music playing properly.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Hououin Kyouma

Oshimen:
    That's wonderful to hear, considering the situation! I also know what it's like to have regular history with doctors, and waiting for something to not ever reoccur, so it's always a blessing and medicine to have goals on the horizon. Meeting Saitō Asuka-san's sankisei daughters is certainly up there, especially after Yoda-san will undeniably be announced as the centre of the 35th single, NigeHaji.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Kunkka

Kunkka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hayashi Runa
    I have to wonder if Yoshida Ayano Christie is going to stay in Nogizaka longer than Shinuchi Mai. I kind of expected her to graduate first over Aru Aru girl, being the oldest.

19. maiyanzaka46

Oshimen:
    白石麻衣 / 守屋茜 / 佐々木久美
    That's the goal! Hopefully it happens! They're pretty much the last three big oshis out of all Sakamichi groups that I haven't met yet~ Thank you for the kind words~

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Sanjuro

Sanjuro Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsuda Konoka
    • Winner Winner x 19
    • Like Like x 9