1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio [TV] - [Shukan AKB] '09/07/10~

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by makistar, Jul 2, 2009.

1. frblckstr1

frblckstr1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Re: [TV] - [Shukan AKB] - 2009/07/10 -

This was not just a straight recap like with the previous Extra's, looks like they are now adding some 'behind the screens' and/or extensions to what was show on Shukan itself.

2. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

I think they just added an extended preview on next weeks episode.

3. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Yup…still working out… B-)

Overview:

This time around, we’re treated to another one of those in-class quizzes. However, this time we’ll be focusing on four girls who’ll be taking the quiz again. Three of the girls scored the lowest on the first quiz – Erena, Kasai, and Yagami. The fourth girl, Mariko, simply botched her days of the week. (I don’t remember if she took the first exam – I’m guessing no.)

These four girls are paired up with some of the higher-scoring girls to serve as their tutors:

1.) Yagami’s with Nakanishi (who ranked 1st in the first quiz) and Matsui Rena (who ranked 2nd)
    2.) Kasai’s with Sashihara (who ranked 4th)
    3.) Erena’s with Sayaka (who tied with Rena for second)
    4.) Mariko’s with Yuko (who ranked 8th)

(Actually, Mariko arbitrarily picks Yuko as her tutor much to Yuko’s dismay. I’m not sure if Yuko didn’t want to be a tutor at all, or if she just didn’t want to be Mariko’s tutor; but either way, Yuko wasn’t too pleased.

The girls then go about studying with their tutors. Sayaka pretty much tells Erena that she can’t pass in her current condition, how she has to be exact with her answer and not just close, and to take this seriously since she’s representing Team K. Nakanishi pretty much drills Yagami over and over again. Sashihara shows Kasai some need gadgets to help her study, like a tool that serves as a dictionary when scrolled over the word, and a talking globe with a map of Japan tucked inside. Yuko tutors Mariko during a photo shoot and shows her a unique study method – associating the study material to a song (in this case, a song by Dragon Ash – dunno which one, though).

*And apparently this study session ran concurrently with the NYC trip since there’s some footage of the girls commenting on their studies – Yuko in particular points out how she thinks Mariko will fail. (Wow…:roll:) Moreover, Yagami goes through drills with her tutors, and even goes as far as to learning school for children.

The big day then comes, and the girls take the quiz in class – except for Kasai who’s away for something, so she has to take schedule the test at a different date. To add pressure to the girls, their tutors come in to watch over them.

The quiz has a similar format of the quiz is as follows:

1.) Three sections (English, Japanese Language, and Social Studies) all adding up to 100 points.
    2.) The girls have only 20 minutes to complete the whole quiz (or maybe 20 minutes for each section – I can’t read the kanji).

Once the test is over, they all go over the answers. Here, Speed Wagon points out how because Shinoda’s out somewhere, Yuko will be taking the punishment by herself (which in turn implies that both the student and the tutor suffer should the student fail – not sure if that was mentioned earlier in the program). (And for the record, ladies and gentlemen, I will not be going over the answers since quite frankly I just don’t know enough Japanese to explain the material to even myself. You have my humblest apologies. *bows deeply*)

In the end, the girls rank as follows:

3.) Erena (with a 63)
    2.) Mariko (with a 64 – here, Mariko admits how surprised at how well she did)
    1.) Yagami (with a 72 – turns out she studied roughly four hours a day for this quiz)

That leaves both Kasai and Sashihara in last place with a 34. (Kasai even points out how badly she got pwn’ed. :p). The punishment turns out to be two-fold: frozen scorpions (which turn out to be tasty according to Sashihara) and one of those painful foot massages (which turns out to be amusing since Sashihara and Kasai react like fiends).

Up next is some Shuukan AKB News with information on the Webster Hall performance, the AKB8 musical, AKB48 Gakuen at Ameba Pigg, and SKE48’s PB. We’re then treated to a short clip of the PV for “River.”

Sashihara’s punished even further with more foot massaging and frozen scorpions (though she ends up fumbling it onto her clothes).

This week’s logo was designed by Yagami.

And that’s that for the overview. B-)

Show Highlights:

1.) Yuko ^_^
    2.) Sayaka :approve:
    3.) Sashihara and her neat learning tools
    4.) Yagami having not one but TWO tutors
    5.) Shinoda thinking she’d never have to study for anything again after graduating

Overall Opinion:

Yuko! ^_^

Okay, seriously…I hate tests. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – I hate tests. They’re damn stressful, and they’re not exactly the best measure of real-world performance. With that said, I’m sure I’d fail another standardized grade-school test.

I liked the idea of tutors, and quite frankly…I’d have liked Sashihara to be my tutor. With Yuko, I’d feel like I’m dead weight to her; and with Sayaka, I’d feel like I’m at boot camp. I think I’d get the same feeling with Nakanishi even if Matsui was there, too, to ease the tension. With Sashihara, she seems the least threatening/intimating, and she provides some neat learning tools. Of course, without a doubt I’d hate to let any of my tutors down. (Hell, I’d hate to let myself down.)

But yeah, I’m not sure what’s in store for the next episode…but yay Yuko! ^_^

And that’s that, ladies and gentlemen. Sorry for the usual. I tried rushing this one since the remainder of my evenings this week will be packed. I’m especially sorry for not knowing enough Japanese to go through the answers (and even if I did, I’d still most likely end up skipping it in the best interest of time :p). Nevertheless, I hope this post helps.

Until next time, y’all take it easy. B-)

4. Miitan

Miitan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori

Thanks for the summary. Great job as usual. The English sections of the tests are always good for a laugh.

I'm so proud of Kuumin. I was really moved by how hard she worked and how happy she was with the results.

5. rich8606

rich8606 Kenkyuusei

Thank you sir~

Kasai really failed on this one, and her screaming in pain from the foot massage....
    Am I the only one here who finds this really hot to watch?

6. andk

andk Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mukaichimion

Hi gideon, thank you everytime for the overview. [hi]

As for Kasai, I think that she should study more seriously. :fp:
    I correct one word, frozen scorpions -> deep-fried scorpions. :)

7. Jigoku125

Jigoku125 Kenkyuusei

Thank you gideon for the usual.
    What's the total score for the test?

8. flippin'patty

flippin'patty Kenkyuusei

^

9. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

They spent a whole episode on her 'revenge' and she didn't even do it?! I love Sasshi but to be honest that really annoyed me...

10. ce1cius

ce1cius Kenkyuusei

11. Criss

Criss Member

12. BunnyKaisui

BunnyKaisui Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae

Thank you Criss!!

13. Miitan

Miitan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    [TV] - [Shukan AKB] - 2009/10/16

Sashi has a real phobia, and no amount of practice or rational thinking will overcome it. Therapy might help her get over it but, when she's up on the bungee platform, the phobia takes over. I can forgive her since it's not a matter of cowardice at all. She was very brave to even give it another couple of tries.

14. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^
    No, I understand that. But if she didn't succeed they should've just given it like a 5 minute section in another episode, I guess they just didn't want to have wasted the money they spent filming. Not to mention heaps of girls in AKB would kill to have a whole episode of Shuukan focused on them...

15. chanchi \(^o^)/

chanchi \(^o^)/ Kenkyuusei

I Just finished watching last weeks episode.... :^^;: :^^;:

That whole episode was focused on sashi.... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

16. deidaranaruto

deidaranaruto Kenkyuusei

poor sasshi... :cry:
    i dont believe it,, one episode spent for sasshi but, she didn't do it...
    but,, honestly, i am little simpathy with her...

17. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Okay, let’s rock this…

Overview:

The MCs this time are Kashiwagi and Nakanishi with Speed Wagon as the (permanent) guest MCs. (Here, the Speed Wagon guys bust on Nakanishi for the way she pointed her finger for “No. 1” – looked like she was trying to pick her nose. :p)

The girls then spend the episode focusing on Sashihara and bungee jumping. There’s first a recap of how she couldn’t jump from the bridge the first time and how she wanted to try the challenge again. There’s then a clip of Sashihara meeting up with Nito one week after the first challenge, and the two agree to work together to get her to do the bungee jump.

The two girls (plus the staff) head over to Iketani Gymnastic Club where they train with one of the staff members (who’s name I didn’t catch – sorry :-() to prepare Sashihara for the retry. First, the two girls work on jumping on a trampoline (and in the process learning good form) before moving on to falling forward and falling from different heights. The height starts as low as 90cm and builds all the way up to 4m. At this height, Nito couldn’t jump, but Sashihara manages to pull it off. (And d’awwww-lulz to the little girls cheering Sashihara on.) From there, Sashihara’s training at the gym continues.

Three days later, the girls (and staff) head over to Yomiura Land where they take on the bungee jump attraction. (This one is only 22m high as opposed to the bridge which is 42m high – and incidentally, Sashihara points out how she’d take on this one when she was talking at the end of the first bungee jump challenge.) Sashihara’s pretty damn nervous when she approaches the attraction…and when she climbs the steps…and when she stands at the jumping point. (And all the while, Nito’s all chill. :p)

Then along the way Kasai comes in and cheers for Sashihara. (Apparently, she finished some other job early or whatever.) Kasai and and Nito climb up the steps to cheer for Sashihara at the platform, but in the end Sashihara’s lead back down to ground level. On a nearby bench, Sashihara cries for some time with the girls and staff member before finally settling down on her own. An hour later, Nito comes over to chat with the Sashihara – and the two agree that if Nito jumps, Sashihara will jump, too.

Nito gears up, climbs up to the platform, and takes the leap – and reports to Sashihara how damn fun it was. A staff member then gears up for the jump – and reports afterwards how all right the jump felt. Sashihara then gives the challenge one more go – but ends up retiring after stalling at the platform for goodness knows how long.

Back in the studio, everyone’s like, “Yo, what the hell?!” Sashihara tries to explain how she’d like to jump but can’t get herself to go over the edge, so the girls start tossing out suggestions but to no – a scream machine (whatever that is) is a no-go for Sashihara, and diving into a pool won’t work since Sashihara can’t swim. Nito then explains how Sashihara promised three times that she’d jump, was pretty much all like, “Yo, why the hell didn’t you jump?!” Sashihara insists that she wants to jump, but at this point the girls really don’t see that happening. (They even bust on her on she so easily said that she’d take on the challenge again.)

Anyway, in the end Sashihara resigns to the fact that she won’t jump (much to a lot of people’s disappointment – and a bit to my own amusement. :p)

For the Shuukan AKB News segment, there’s mention of AKB48 in Cannes, France, the AKB48 musical, “RIVER” going on sale on the 21st, and the big athletic competition between the AKB Teams.

Also, this episode’s logo was designed by Jurina.

And that’s that for the overview. B-)

Show Highlights:

1.) Yuko! ^_^
    2.) Sasshi :p
    3.) “Final Countdown” B-)
    4.) Epic irony at the end :XD:
    5.) (Anything else y’all wanna insert here.)

Overall Opinion:

Yuko! ^_^

Once again, I spend a good portion of the show looking up at the upper left hand of the screen, and watching Yuko’s reactions. Seriously, this girl’s so chill – and I’m so fine with that.

But yeah, this episode was so lawl-worthy. Yeah, Sashihara had everyone in suspense through out the episode just to let everyone down – and I found that REALLY funny. Seriously, that’s like…epic irony right there. It’s like playing through a hard-as-all-hell video game and up to the final boss’s lair – just to find out he really died hours of gameplay before because he choked on an Oreo. (Yeah, I know I have an odd sense of humor.)

Anyway, the next episode looks damn awesome – Athletic Competition! And Yuko pwn’ing faces!

GO YUKO!!! [rock] [rock] [rock]

So that’s that, ladies and gentlemen. Sorry for the usual. I really tried to close this out ASAP, but only managed to write it all in just over an hour. (I was honestly aiming for 30 minutes…oh well. *shrugs*) The episode was pretty straightforward to figure out, but I hope this post still helped a bit.

Until next time, y’all take it easy. B-)

18. rich8606

rich8606 Kenkyuusei

thanks~

19. Melos125

Melos125 Kenkyuusei

Thanks giddy for the usual. Sasshi..... I don't know what to say. Don't give up.

20. deidaranaruto

deidaranaruto Kenkyuusei

^
    thank for translating...
    hahahaha...
    i'm translating from english to indonesia again with google translate while i'm studying english...
    wew, how a busy...

hmm... why are everybody dispointed?? *confused...*
    my opinion, i little bit sympatic to her... because she have to defeat her phobia...
    everybody have phobias themselves and depend on how to defeat the phobias...

^
    wakakak [rofl] i laugh when i see this too...
    wew, it means we're have an odd sense humor...
    yeah,, next episode,, i must see this athletic competition...