Single AKB48 14th [RIVER] 09/10/21

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by makistar, Sep 4, 2009.

1. HSaito

HSaito Kenkyuusei

Re: [SINGLE] AKB48 - [RIVER] - 2009/10/21

I think they are singing live without a voice behind.

2. AKB84

AKB84 Kenkyuusei

Me too. I noticed Tomo was trying to hold her mic closer to her mouth so that she could be heard more. Usually you can tell if an artist is lip syncing because some portions will sound too close to the CD version. At around 1:56 it sounds waaaay different than the CD. Plus, there's like 4 regulars missing - you can't mouth a voice that isn't yours. [rofl] Well, you could, but it would be wrong.

They did a really good job, but I'm not surprised. It's what they do.

I'm still waiting for a) Kasai to show up and b) them to stomp the yard in a live performance.

3. Nizmo

Nizmo Kenkyuusei

I expect the sales to jump during the weekend, taking #1 spot in Music Station CD sales rankings was huge, that definitely should help. A total of 50K for the weekend would be nice.

4. Lokay

Lokay Kenkyuusei

Yeah, i agree that they are singing live. It's obvious that it's different to the cd. But i think that there is though a (low) soundtrack behind who gives more power to the song regarding that they are dancing simultaneously !

5. Korewahondes

Korewahondes Kenkyuusei

Great performance indeed ! It's obviously live : that doesn't sound as in the PV (on the opposite, when at the JE your hear Aitakatta and it sounds as in the PV which was with different girls and three years ago, you can be sure that it's play-back. But it's another story). Voice behind or not, I don't know though... But Lokay's point is good, I think.

6. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

http://recochoku.jp/recochoku_ranking/videoclip.html

RIVER is at the top of the recochoku daily download rankings, and will probably take out the week as well. Also worth noting is ALL of AKB's single PVs from King Records are still in the Top 75.

7. teruterubozu

teruterubozu Kenkyuusei

MF perf looks to be at least partially live but there are degrees of liveness.

1) Pure 100% live
    2) Live but some harmonies and background vocals are in the prerecorded sound mix.
    3) Girls sing live but are backed by a guide track of their own pre-recorded vocals (extremely common, see: Ashlee Simpson Wentz on Saturday Night Live 2004)
    4) Some girls sing as in #1,#2 or #4 above, other girls' mics are completely cut off and we only hear their pre-recorded voices. (See H!P's groups)
    4) All girls lipsync to pre-recorded vocal mix. (see Whitney Houston 2001 Superbowl)
    5) All girls lipsync to the standard studio CD vocals. (the usual lipsync)

tbh I don't think it matters all that much. We know they (some of them) sing very well, who cares if they had to lip sync to pull off the dance.

8. richardthebrave

richardthebrave Kenkyuusei

i think what they did was number 2. the background vocals i think were recorded especially the shouting part.

9. fosensei

fosensei Kenkyuusei

Like Kouhaku, Music Fighter performances always seem to be live (the #2 kind), for better or for worse. Sometimes it's worse. [devil]
    But to be fair, lots of groups sound "less than ideal" when they perform live like that. Take SMAP for instance. I love those guys, but their live performances are sometimes... [wonder]

10. WabukiSensei

WabukiSensei Kenkyuusei

^ I think Nakai-kun has something to do with that :D

Amongst the girls, I think the ones who are quite capable of singing live are the no3b girls. The rest, I'm not too sure, perhaps akimoto and yuko. I've heard tomochin sing live and wasn't too impressed [yawn] (Valenti, anyone? That was pure 100% live)

If I had to pick, I'd say that it was this:

4) Some girls sing as in #1,#2 or #3 above, other girls' mics are completely cut off and we only hear their pre-recorded voices. (See H!P's groups)

Of course, when we say pre-recorded, it doesn't always mean the actual CD version, since they can always re-record the song with the voices of the actual participants, which would explain why they sound slightly different.

Not too sure about that, it seemed more like her mic was falling off or something that caused her to readjust it, since she did that more than once throughout the performance.

11. shine_ever03

shine_ever03 Kenkyuusei

4th Day

Still holding #1 spot...but the sales dropped even more...4,707 copies
    87,795 -> 54,049 -> 14,259 -> 4,707
    Total sales so far: 160,810 copies
    2nd place's sales is 3,187.....so if RIVER sales continues to decrease, they might lose their daily #1 spot
    Hopefully after they appear in Music Station, their sales increase...

12. Melos125

Melos125 Kenkyuusei

4th day sales 4707. I'm starting to doubt if they can reach 200,000. How long more must they survive to make weekly #1? GO GO GIRLS YOU CAN DO IT !! GO GO WOTAS YOU CAN BUY IT!!
    Maybe they should switch tactics and show Kimi no Koto dance instead of RIVER dance. After all, IMO Kimi no Koto >>> RIVER

13. Lokay

Lokay Kenkyuusei

I think that it's the 3). Like teruterubozu said, it's very very common in live shows [rock]

14. shine_ever03

shine_ever03 Kenkyuusei

^
    ^ With today's sales, it highly unlikely they will sell 200k in first week.
    But they still have a good chance in total sales....which is still a great accomplishment.
    And for weekly #1, it was pretty much decided in the very first day with the monster sales.
    So even if they lose their daily #1 spot later on, they will still get Weekly #1 no matter what.

15. rei69

rei69 Kenkyuusei

2009-10-23 Mステ cd single ranking
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BjP0m3vUvE
    credit to music091023station

[​IMG]
    i wonder what are in their mind when watching those ranking?
    maybe...
    teru glay:"sugoi ne takahashi-san"

16. Melos125

Melos125 Kenkyuusei

^ Shinsengumi Rian? Weren't they the ones who appeared on the previous AKBingo cooking segment?
    Kinki Kids. LOOK CAREFULLY at your #1 challenger. Such cute girls. You can't be so cruel to hurt their feelings and take over their #1 spot. Come on. LOOK AT ACCHAN, EREPYON, MYAO, KOJIHARU AND TOMO~MI!!! Such cute girls. Spare them please.
    And wth the announcer mispronounced May'n! Its pronounced 'MAY EN' no 'MAIN'

17. rei69

rei69 Kenkyuusei

yes, they are and i encourage akb to do a lot colabo with other artist like this

i'think this is quiet impossible if you remember that from their debut single until now kinki always got no.1 spot [whew]
    well at least they defeat kinki on FRIDAY SUPER COUNTDOWN (radio request show)

hope tomorrow we can still defend no.1 (akb~~ defence... defence... Music Japan pawa~~ kakatte koiya!!! [flip] (monomane mode on))

btw,
    i totally agree with you :D

18. rina

rina Kenkyuusei

The chorus to this song is addictive. The intro bothers me a bit to be honest but it's okay because the chorus is amazing. <3

The best part in the whole PV though.
    [​IMG]
    (gif by me, use if you want but credit.)

19. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

when i saw music station clip on youtube, i cannot believe that the girls EVEN BEAT the legendary B'Z !!!! i wonder how tak matsumoto feels about it ??? maybe he would go down to the akb theater to visit the girls

20. yumestarlet

yumestarlet Kenkyuusei

Music Fighter performance was SO GOOD. Geez, I seriously love this song. <3

Oh, for the record, I LOVE this side of Acchan. She must not have been kidding when she said River was her favorite AKB48 song. You can tell she's into these performances.

Also, Sae is just CONSTANT win. She totally rocked this performance. ~0:09 is SAE LOVE.
    And then ~0:25 is SAEYAKA LOVE.