[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Re: THE AKB48 thread!

^ I only visit a few threads at H!O, so I rarely see AKB mentioned, but I have seem them bashed at other places. Hell, I've seen H!P bashed here, too. I just wish the comparisons would stop already...

2. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

That's why I stopped going to the jpopmusic forums, who managed to nearly club to death my interest in hellopro. Thankfully this place was mentioned before all the AKB48 talk ended there so I was able to find somewhere a bit less full of itself to hang out...

I've only been to the H!O AKB48 thread a couple of times, it seemed fine. But I think the average age/maturity level of that forum is a bit below what I'm after so I don't hang around there much, aside from the Lin Lin thread. :lol: (I'm not bagging out H!O, there's obviously a lot of hard working and dedicated fans there)

3. minna no uta

minna no uta Kenkyuusei

I think the problem there is that most H!P fans listen to H!P stuff ONLY D:, and seem to think that the jpop world turns around H!P, when is actually the opposite. Some of them don't like more music (or only follow it very casually), and if they see something different, they can't stop comparing it to H!P. I know it because I know two girls like that in real life D: I showed them lots of jpop artists, of all genres and decades, and gave them cds, but they ''didn't have time to check their stuff''. oh but they did have the time to see the H!P stuff that I had on those cds :wall: . For them, AKB looked ''too serious'' ''lacking spark, charisma in comparison to H!P'', and of course ''too many''. But yeah, it could be any other group, and any other fandom. It's bound to happen if people don't know/care about knowing other groups well.

4. Naomi

^ Seriously? Most of the H!P fans I've come across listen to a bunch of stuff that's not H!P. :wtf:

5. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira

I'm a regular on H!O and I see a lot of this happen. Mainly in like, the Nanchatte Renai and Kimagure Princess threads. (Because MM and AKB were releasing close together, I'm assuming.) It's like, they're looking for somebody to blame for MM's drop in popularity and AKB's getting more popularity AND they're similar enough to MM for comparisons. It's frustrating me as a fan of both, seriously... and I always seem to miss the arguments too. [speechless]

They (most of them) listen to other music, yeah, but because AKB is similar (big-as-fuck idol girl group), they avoid it because it's like...
    Betraying your current idols. Or because H!P is the MORE PURE big-as-fuck idol girl group. Or whatever. I kind of used to feel that way, but now I don't remember why. [wonder]

6. xyish

xyish Kenkyuusei

Quoted because I can.

Also, regarding any bashing and what-not, just ignore them. They don't know what they're missing out on, and why should someone you don't really care about's opinions on something you really care about bother you?

7. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki

See, personally I'd love to see a thread devoted to 'H!P vs. AKB' (and all the smaller ones, too) where we could compare the groups intelligently. Comparing them doesn't mean one's bad and one's good, but instead see where they are similar and different and who had better ideas at the time. I'm totally against more bashing of either group, but I'd love to have a thread where we look at different idol groups and contrast them.

8. vikacong

vikacong Kenkyuusei

^ Yes RSL, I really like your idea.

Why don't you start a discussion somewhere in this forum?

9. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

^^ second that RSL!!!! maybe if you need help you can let me know,i can help you

10. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

This new discussion thread is going to need a LOT of oversight to weed out the stupid banter...

11. xyish

xyish Kenkyuusei

I'd like to see that happen too, but sadly, I doubt any such discussion can take place without someone going off in the wrong direction.

12. Naomi

Well, a lot of people here are mature enough not to outright bash H!P and other idol groups, so as long as there's contrsructive criticsm, it should be okay. If anyone goes too far, a mod could just delete their post or something.

13. minna no uta

minna no uta Kenkyuusei

14. hina

hina Member

^wow that was really awesome! [clap]

15. HSaito

HSaito Kenkyuusei

16. madcat338

madcat338 Kenkyuusei

Wao akb are on the top list now xD good good

Btw i like Shoko-tan too :)

17. CDevil

CDevil Member

It's the opposite for me, I'm sick of seeing AKB fans bashing H!P, especially on H!P sites and in H!P threads. I've been following threads on H!O and several other places recently and the H!P bashing from AKB fans seems a lot more prominent IMO. I'd say the AKB bashing has calmed down a lot compared to when AKB were first starting out, but now that AKB are gaining popularity the tables are turning...and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Maybe it's because I have a tendency to support the underdogs, and 180,000+ selling AKB48 are not the underdogs anymore. I still love them though.

18. champloo26

champloo26 Kenkyuusei

^ hey u r right there, and AKB fans just go to H!P threads on H!O to say how cool is AKB and then they are just simply gone

19. richardthebrave

richardthebrave Kenkyuusei

it's not that I support bashing MM but as Saruman in LOTR has mentioned: one ill turn deserves another.

AKB48 fans and AKB48 itself used to be ridiculed by MM fans, but those who are older fans than some of us here stayed on and kept on supporting AKB no matter what. Now that AKB48 has gained the upperhand, i think it should be no shock that most of these old timers and new ones will go hitting back at momosu fans.

what's happening is just plain, old karma. nothing more, nothing less.

don't let such wars concern you, just focus on supporting AKB48. :)

20. ossan

ossan Member

The studio will be full of AKB. :D