Learn Japanese!

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Shin, Jun 12, 2007.

1. haikara2308

haikara2308 Kenkyuusei

Ok, would keep that in mind, thanks shin. :)

2. lord_lir

lord_lir Kenkyuusei

I'm wondering if anyone knows a good site for learning the stroke order for hiragana and katakana. My handwriting is attrocious and the one they gave me at university doesn't help all that much (besides, my sensei has shocking handwriting herself...)

Onegai m(-_-)m

3. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    http://genki.japantimes.co.jp/self/self.en.html

Click on the 'basic charts', you can then click on the character to see its stroke order. It can be a bit weird learning stroke order at first but as you do it more it'll become second nature, which will really help when you're learning kanji, because most follow the same basic stroke orders.

Thanks for reminding me, I haven't done my kanji homework yet (due tomorrow) :fp:

4. lord_lir

lord_lir Kenkyuusei

Oh cool. Thanx for the help. The cartoon characters look like the ones in one of the textbooks I've used whihc I found quite helpful. And just breezing through it it seems muuch more well organized than the one I was given, ^^

5. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Dude! I love Genki! Mary-san! Takeshi-san! :XD:

Honest to goodness, I used the Genki textbooks back when I first took Japanese classes in college; and they're by far the best material I've ever come across when it comes learning Japanese. It's a damn shame there's no Genki 3 since I'm personally not too crazy about the Intermediate Japanese book we used afterwards - even if it's by the same company that publishes the Genki books. :fear:

6. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    lol :XD: it's great, watching their budding romance... "mary-saaaaaan~" from one of the audio CDs was a constant joke for the last two years of my course. :lol:

7. haikara2308

haikara2308 Kenkyuusei

Came across this ほっこり in one of the previous week's AKBingo wondering what it means, I used google translate and it says unwind but I don't think its correct.. Also what does this モヤモヤする mean, can't find any translation for it.

8. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Both words relate to emotional states. "ほっこり" means something like "warm and fuzzy" while "モヤモヤ" means "sad and gloomy".

9. haikara2308

haikara2308 Kenkyuusei

^Gideon thanks. [clap]

10. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Here's a question I've been wondering about since K6 started, but I haven't gotten around to asking.. so during K6 MCs, they called themselves shin team K (as in, new team K). So... how would you refer to the 'old' teams? I don't want to use the wrong adjective and call them, you know, "decrepit team k" or whatever. :lol:

11. flagator21

flagator21 Member

I think ossan would be the best person to confirm this, but maybe adding the prefix (kyuu)?

So perhaps, 旧チームK?

12. Shin

Shin Kenkyuusei

That's correct :)

13. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Ok, thanks :XD: I just don't want to write something offensive by accident in a fan letter... [hehe]

14. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    This'll interest a few people- the JPLT tests are changing. It'll be 5 levels instead of 4 (making the jump from the old 3 to 2 less huge), but other stuff is changing in it as well.

15. haikara2308

haikara2308 Kenkyuusei

Has the format of the JLPT exam itself changed or is it still the 100 marks vocab, 100 listening then 200 reading comprehension and grammar?

16. B.stars

B.stars Kenkyuusei

17. haikara2308

haikara2308 Kenkyuusei

^Format seems to have changed, 60 marks each for 3 parts instead of 100, 100 and 200 for the old format.

18. flagator21

flagator21 Member

Just to point out, Sasshi used the term in her new blog :)

みなさん初めまして!
    AKB48 旧チームB、
    新制チームAの指原莉乃です!

19. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

Can anybody tell me what 「スペルあってるかな?」means? I'm usually decent at translating things for myself online, but I cannot figure out what that means. o-o Someone said it to me in a Youtube comment where they also complimented my singing, and I want to reply but I want to understand everything they said first. D:

Oh and I'm totally late to this conversation, but Mary-san and the gang are jokes. Like in one picture where she was smoking. I was like "O: MARY-SAN! Tsk tsk!" Ahhh, Genki.

20. B.stars

B.stars Kenkyuusei

^ Did the user that posted the comment spell anything in English with the comment?

I'm guessing it means something along the lines of "I wonder if the spelling is correct"