1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 5th [Boku no Taiyou] 07/08/08

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by haruna_hamasaki, Jun 12, 2007.

1. genericpaperdoll

genericpaperdoll Kenkyuusei

I hadn't liked this song at all when it came out, but I listened to it while I was on vacation and couldn't get it out of my head XD I really have to stop doubting them <3

2. keiti

keiti Kenkyuusei

Σ(O_O;)Keiti Shock!!!!
    How the single was in the 2nd place in one day and in the day after they are out of top20

3. dokidokisuru

dokidokisuru Kenkyuusei

^ They're out of the top fifty, haha.

4. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

guess i did...
    thanks for the explanation.

5. Mint

Mint Kenkyuusei

I found a decent image of the regular edition cover, since I'm pretty sure that there's only been small pictures of it posted so far:

[​IMG]

I like this one a bit better than the limited edition, probably because it's got blue in it. ^^

6. keiti

keiti Kenkyuusei

worst but they did well in the first week but I didn't expect to be out of to the ranking so fast

7. johnnyaiba

johnnyaiba Kenkyuusei

the results is not bad.
    It's a record.

8. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

With anime and idol stuff, there is always a mad rush to buy discs at first, especially if they come with tickets for handshake events or whatever, but once all the otaku have what they want, it usually falls off the map. Oh well, this single still did amazingly well. Continued success for AKB48! :D

9. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

according to wiki.thepnn.org/akb

Boku no taiyou first week sales were 25,946 sales, and compared to their other 6 singles, Boku no taiyou made the highest sales so far.

so i can see how they would skyrocket in sales the first week, then drop off, but to go to #2, is truly great and amazing for AKB.

10. keiti

keiti Kenkyuusei

I hope next time they go to Nº1 in the oricon chart

11. Shin

Shin Kenkyuusei

^^ They had more numbers of hand-shaking events this time than before.
    So I think it affected the number of 1st week sales.

12. Mint

Mint Kenkyuusei

The CD single didn't include a DVD this time, so there's no way to buy it yet. Hopefully in the future they'll release it on DVD somehow.

13. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

Sadly, no PV(DVD) is available with this single. That's what I've heard at least.

EDIT: Mint beat me. :eek:

14. TimeBomb

TimeBomb Kenkyuusei

Too sad, I really like the PV. - But maybe we're gonna get sometime a SingleV Collection? o_O

15. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

I would say Yes. If they put the time and effort into making the PV, they might as well market it. But that's my opinion.

16. freezingkiss

freezingkiss Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yuihan
    ^ Maybe they are planning a PV collection DVD soon? Thats what I'm thinking.

Anyway, I didnt like this PV that much because apart from the SAME girls. The other girls got almost ZERO screen time whatsoever! Blah boring!!

17. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

i just loved the song, and PV..i kept seeing Kasai dance around, and it was very catchy!

i look forward to their next one in late Oct/early Nov.

18. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    In the theater, this is one of my favorite songs.

WARNING: I'm about to get emotional.

In the theater, the song before Boku no Taiyo is BINGO!. After dancing along with the girls to BINGO!, I'm so happy I can't stop smiling. With that feeling, they start singing Boku no Taiyo, and although I used to dance along with them, I stopped. Now, I just sit back against my seat, smile, and take it all in. I don't want to waste my time making sure I'm doing the dances correctly. Things seem to slow down, and the only thing I can concentrate on is letting go of everything. I clear my head, let go of all my worries, and slip into some sort of magical world.

All I need is to hear their words, watch their smiling faces, and think about how everything in the world is perfect just for one moment. The end of the world could be 5 minutes away, but seeing their faces during that song, after working so hard that day, makes it all worth while.

It's also slightly sad, knowing that after the song is over, the show is finished.

Nostalgia > me

EDIT: I don't care how cheesy this post is, I'm sticking by it :!:

19. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

wow! what a post man...

and lucky you, for most of us who hasn't been able to see them yet, you get to see them on a regular basis, but your devotion and dedication shows what a huge great fan of AKB you are.

i wouldn't know where to begin if i got the chance to see them live, let alone any dance moves....i can't dance well...

20. alienpyon

alienpyon Kenkyuusei

After a long delay, I finally got my version of "Boku no taiyou".

As I had to cancel my initial order and re-order the single almost 20 days after its release date, I would like to ask any of you: Did I receive the "first press"?

Here's a pic, I hope it helps!

[​IMG]

BTW, the sticker above is no AKB48, so it sucks!