1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The Gamer Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by transcendental_protagonis, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 Kenkyuusei

5 years back, I'd of agreed with that! I think I'm just sick to death of the same old thing tbh. FF12 is the best JRPG I've played in recent years by far, simply because it just felt so fresh and new to play.

2. chibilolli

chibilolli Kenkyuusei

I have a Wii and a DS. I have had over the years a SNES, PS1, PS2 and a Gamecube. Recently though, I haven't been playing on computer games much.

My favouirite game ever is Tales of Symphonia on the Gamecube. It's the only game I've actually completed (and completed more than once).

3. Tales

Tales Kenkyuusei

^We share the series of our favorite game, since mine is Tales of Destiny (PSX and PS2 remake) ^^. I didn't like ToS that much tough cause I was getting used to a much faster style of play (ToE, ToD2 and ToR are a lot quicker than Symphonia, even though the 3 are 2-D). I specially love the remake of Tales of Destiny, I have a liking of the kind of games that blinking makes you lose a boss fight, like in Tales of Phantasia Mania mode, I fought against Demitel 84 times until I beated him.

One question I have about ToS is does the NA release still had the Opening Song? I couldn't play it if it wasn't there, I simply love DAT's Starry Heaven too much, and when I learned it was from a Tales of game I got into such an extasis, luckily it was later released on the PS2 in Japan so I can watch that video when I'm at my friends' house....

4. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 Kenkyuusei

ToS was the first Tales of game I played, really enjoyed it at the time, though I must admit I've since tried to get into other games in the Tales of series, and haven't really got sucked in. Probably still very excellent games though, so maybe one day.
    It's implememtation of co-op mode is interesting, hopefully one day that'll make it so that the second player has control outside battle.

I think I'm approaching the end of Bioshock now, in Olympus Heights. It's been a bit of a ride for sure, really enjoyed it.
    I think after I get this one completed, I'll borrow The Darkness from my friend and give that a rinse while I'm in the FPS mood.

5. chibilolli

chibilolli Kenkyuusei

I'm also thinking that if I play any other Tales games I might not get sucked in as much as the characters are all different.

Athough, I'm thinking about getting Tales of the Tempest on the DS. Anyone know what thats like?

I wanna answer this question for you but I don't know what an NA release is. Sorry - I like to play computer games but I not overly technically minded and I don't follow games stuff that much.

6. CDevil

CDevil Member

North American? I still don't think you can answer it because you're in England lol, but the US and UK releases are probably the same.

I just spent a good few hours playing my old Super Nintendo, it really does bring back good memories. I was mainly playing Tetris Attack, and now I think I have arthritis...stupid addictive game :x I never realised how crap Aladdin was until today (the game, not the film. I love the film), I remember it being really really good. The Lion King was a good Disney game, if only for the Pumba bug catching mini-game. Good times.

Oh yeah and all the Mario games too...and Mortal Kombat II :lol:

7. chibilolli

chibilolli Kenkyuusei

^ North American DOH!!

Oh shit, I had Aladin on the SNES. That does bring back memories. My sister thought that game was great. I can't remember what other games I had on the SNES but I used to like putting in the Gameboy Player and drawing my own backgroud on it (sad I know, but I was only young :oops: ).

8. lamenth

lamenth Kenkyuusei

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship
    I started playing Bioshock today. The game is bloody amazing! I'm totally impressed with the sound design and asthetics of the game. I wish i had a good 5.1 surround set up. I'm stuck with a standard definition TV with bad speakers. But for the game to STILL look amazing regardless of my poor setup is a testament to how awesome the game really is.

As an aside: Does anyone here play World of Warcraft? I'm still thoroughly addicted to the stupid game, even though i've been playing since launch. I need to break that addiction I think...

9. chanelight

chanelight Kenkyuusei

I don't have any console now... the last console that I own was a PSX :oops:

10. Datalanche

Datalanche Kenkyuusei

As one of the few who isn't particularly interested in Bioshock, I have been playing a Metroid Prime 3 instead. It's totally awesome. Graphics are great, game is great, and the gameplay is totally fun. Wiimote + FPS = epic win! :D

11. Revelation

Revelation Kenkyuusei

i just got resident evil 4 for the wii and i have to say, i am tired as agh.

as for bioshock i'm getting closer to the end i think, all i use is wrench with its powerups and that lightning bolt skill level 3

12. chanelight

chanelight Kenkyuusei

anyone play web-based games? :)

13. Tales

Tales Kenkyuusei

I'm currently playing it, but I'm such a slow leveler, only level52 (and I started last october/november :p).

@chanelight: I play Knight's Divine.

@anyone interested: The best thing that Tales of games have to offer are two: the battle system which looks like it was taken straight from a fighting game (specially Tales of Destiny 2, it even had alpha counters), and the characters, I'm a firm believer in that they have the best characters and character development of any series (Final Fantasies have good story, but they really lack in character development).

A debate I have seen many times in RPG boards are the character or story? what's better?
    After all, it's the character the ones that drive the story, so having a background story good as hell, while having dull characters makes the story not so great, but what's better, to commit resources making the story better or the characters that drive it? If you think the second option is the best then I recommend seeing the games (just stay away from Legendia). Their main problem is that the english localization are awful, so I recommend getting the japanese, even if you can't understand a single word (or get the Undub releases, with almost the best of both worlds, because since the talked skits aren't even taped for the English releases, they won't be played T_T).

About Tales of the Tempest: The truth is that it was a dissapoinment for most of us, it really lacks most of the thing most Tales of fans like the best, it had no sidequests to do (unlike all of them, Eternia had you chasing a couple until they marry, Destiny had the Black Wings which also appear in Eternia, and much more), no crazy ass dungeon like every other game (I want Tower of Druaga again T_T). To tell the truth, the only thing this game had was the name Tales of tacked on it (and I disliked the slow paced fighting system too, but that's my opinion), and Misono's VS is fantastic.
    But the really worst thing ToT has? Hardcore RPGers will finish it on 10 hours, while normal people on 15-20hrs, that is no longer acceptable for an RPG, didn't Namco learn anything from Xenosaga?

Hopefully, Namco doesn't use another weird developer for Tales of Innocence, I want Wolf Team T_T. Hopefully Misono will have a new great song as the opening (as she also needs a good title, all of her titles after VS have sold badly, specially her album, making me wonder if she's quiting like many others when they have gone badly with their solo career).

14. Revelation

Revelation Kenkyuusei

^ about the whole characters or plot thingy, I really do believe characters make an RPG worth playing(other than gameplay) because if you have really good characters that you care for you would really want to know how everything would unfold in the plot...you know like get lost into the game.
    now what i am really picky about is the main character, if the main character sucks it really does kill the game for me(usually goes for all types of games, ex:MGS2) like in FFX, i hate tidus.

15. -=ProteosAgna=-

-=ProteosAgna=- Kenkyuusei

Speaking of tales, I',m currently playing Tales of The World, its quite nice to play RPG again after taking a break on games for quite awhile ^^

16. Haunter

Haunter Kenkyuusei

I played Lion King when I was 4 years old, It was really a good game. ^^

17. Gloworm

Gloworm Kenkyuusei

Taking a break from my video game marathon. Been playing Metroid 3, Blue Dragon, and Dynasty Warriors: Gundam every chance I've gotten for the past week and a half. Need a break. :confused:

Who's getting Eternal Sonata for the 360 when it comes out? *Raises hand* I am!!

18. chibilolli

chibilolli Kenkyuusei

If Tales of the Tempest is as bad as you say then I don't think I'll buy it. I'll save my money and wait for Smash Bros on the Wii.

-EDIT- Just read about Tales of Symphonia 2 on the Wii. Hopefully that will be as good as the first.

19. lamenth

lamenth Kenkyuusei

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship
    *raises hand emphatically* I can't wait for that game!!

20. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 Kenkyuusei

Etermal Sonata is out 17th September in America, October in Europe.

I played the demo on the Japanese 360 Marketplace, it was real good, prefered the demo to the Blue Dragon demo :)

I'm working through my backlog right now, playing Mario Sunshine which I've embarassingly never played, as well as continuing Pokemon Pearl.