Sashihara Rino (Sasshi) / AKB 5th Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by makistar, Aug 2, 2008.

1. ra-nyan

ra-nyan Kenkyuusei

Re: Sashihara Rino / Team A

Lulz at the Panic of the Fried Shrimp incident :D I can so imagine her eating shrimp tails though it's kinda unusual.. and her before and after look during Nemousu TV work :rofl: .. Her true fear.. That's just how it is and that's why it's popular.. I actually haven't watched any of the season 4 eps yet.. better get to it..

2. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Sasshii~! :XD:

Dude, I used to eat shrimp tails with the rest of the shrimp. I didn't die from them, but they did end up disturbing my digestive track. I read that post on the fried shrimp, and thought, "Man...I could go for some fried shrimp right now."

Thanks for the hard work as usual. :)

P.S. - I swear Sasshii will forever be a mystery to me. I read her blog posts, wonder what the hell she's talking about, and then comment however I can. And then I read the translations and think, "Dang! THAT'S what she said!?" Her grammar and sentence structure are just so...different for me. :-/

3. phantom

phantom Kenkyuusei

"Panic of the Fried Shrimp" :D :D
    I love that she goes so far as to name the "incident." [rofl]

I think that's why I love reading her entries: they are not typical in any way. All of her posts have a "Sasshi" quality to them and I love that about her! [rock]

Thanks for the translations!

4. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I'm not lamenting over WHAT she says, but rather HOW she goes about saying it. The content is amazingly awesome. Sashihara Quality at it's best. The challenge for me, however, is piecing together her words and grammar to understand the content. I translate Yuko's blog every day, and her grammar and vocabulary is easy for me to understand. And her content is pretty good, too.

But yeah...thanks again for the translations. :)

5. phantom

phantom Kenkyuusei

That makes total sense. Sorry if my post was...degrading, I didn't mean any disrespect to you at all. I can understand where you're coming from because I do Greek translations and the "how" is definitely a huge difficulty for me when I am trying to turn seemingly unorganized/random/unusual words/wording into easily understood English sentences. I just started Japanese lessons and know next to nothing, so I give major respect to anyone who translates any of the girl's blogs or interviews. I'm sure all the girls have their own style of writing, and that makes it so much harder for translating. But you really do an awesome job with Yuko's blog! Thanks! :)

Anyways, to get back on topic...Sasshi you rock!! [rock]

6. blesseddisgrace

blesseddisgrace Kenkyuusei

You're welcome, guys. :'D
    Yeah, translating Sasshi's blog entries isn't always easy. Sometimes I have to guess or look at each word's individual translation and figure out how to piece them together into a sentence from there. But hey, it's still fun, and if anything else, I'm learning a new way of speaking Japanese. XD
    Anyway, here's today's batch of updates~

Compared to our company’s products - 2010-09-18 08:43:21
    Today, we have an event in Sendai, the #2 Most Comfortable Place to Live (compared to our company’s products). I’m looking forward to our first nationwide handshake event in a while. \(^O^)/
    Sashihara-san, #15 Most Introverted Person in the World (compared to our company’s products), is in high spirits.
    But the world is a big place. In terms of Japan only, it would be #7 (compared to our company’s products).
    I just feel like saying “compared to our company’s products.”
    Did you guys think, “Ah, there she goes writing stupid stuff like this in the morning”? Sashihara thought so, too (compared to our company’s products).

To everyone in Sendai! - 2010-09-18 20:52:45
    Thanks for coming today!
    During this nationwide handshake event, I did my first-ever MC. I was really nervous, but everyone was so kind. It was a lot of fun. \(^O^)/ It’s different from the kind of fun we get in Tokyo, so it was really great!
    I took these pictures during the break halfway through, so some of the guests were leaving, but it was still a full house! I was surprised! I’m so thankful.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They have halos. \(^O^)/

Thank you so much!

The biggest mistake of my life - 2010-09-18 22:58:47
    I forgot my wallet today...Then, on the way home, I had to have Komori buy me ice cream......I will never forget that smug face of hers...This sucks...But thank you...It was delicious.

Well, I have to get up early tomorrow! Shockingly early, so good night!
    To everyone in Kyoto, I hope we see each other tomorrow!

--

A recap of today ~May 8~ - 2010-05-08 23:58:32
    “If you can surpass the capacity, you’re the real deal.”

I wore sweats today.

[​IMG]

My legs look so short...
    It’s a stylish MILK FED T-shirt and sweats.
    The stylist-san got fed up and told me, “That’s about as much as I can tolerate...”
    Whoa~ She said it jokingly, so it’s okay~ I usually wear proper Western-style clothes, anyway.

Only you~! Capacity~ ♪
    ↑ Team K’s famous song

I have to wake up early tomorrow, so good night for today!
    What kind of day did you guys spend today~?

And that's that.
    That first entry really amuses me for some reason. I just love it when Sasshi starts talking about random stuff like that. XD And good for her, getting to do her first MC. ♥ I would've liked to see that in person. And LOL @ Komori paying for her ice cream for her. XD
    And of course, you can't have Sasshi without sweats, haha. I have to say, those sweats look pretty cute on her though. :3 (Her legs do look pretty short there though, lol.)

7. Japanime_1

Japanime_1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

^
    The Sasshi x Komori relationship is forever amusing. [hehe]

Thanks for translations once again. XD

8. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

Love the Kaiyuugyo reference from the May entry! I'm super hardcore about that song. <3

9. bou-j525

bou-j525 Kenkyuusei

The first entry was hilarious (compared to our company’s products, of course !) :D
    Congrats for the first MC ! [party]

10. yunagi_47

yunagi_47 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei, Ozono Rei

Sasshi entries come out #1 with all those Sasshihara Quality posts she does (compared to our company's products) =D

Sush. Not that funny =P Least I tried XD

Thanks for the translations blesseddisgrace!

11. blesseddisgrace

You're welcome, guys. :'D

I agree. XD

Anyway, here are today's translations.

C’mere - 2010-09-19 08:45:01
    C’mere, everyone, step right up. It’s Sashihara. I’m going to Kyoto today! It’s gonna be fun~ C’mere~ Step right up~ (*Yes, she's writing this in the local dialect again.)
    The last time I went to Kyoto was on a school field trip! It’s gonna be so much fun~ C’mere~ Step right up~ I’m addicted to Kyoto! I want to eat some yatsuhashi!

(・o・)ノWell then~ ← Kyoto-born Yokoyama’s symbol

Unbelievably...Ah... - 2010-09-19 14:06:39
    Yesterday, I put some mashed mochi into my bag.
    And then, I forgot. That I put it in my bag, that is. I only remembered just now.
    I saw what it looked like.
    Yeah.
    It’s a mashed festival. Bam.

I’ve been shocked even further - 2010-09-19 16:09:32
    When I checked the comments for the previous entry earlier, it was all stuff like, “Today is Sashihara’s older brother’s birthday.”
    …O-oh riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight! Jeez! You idiot! Stupid me!!!!! This isn’t the time to be talking about mashed mochi! And stuff like that!!!!!!
    Onii-chan, happy birthday!!!!!

As an apology to my brother, I think I’ll send him some pictures of his oshimen, Kitahara-san...

Onii-chan! I hope you have a happy 2...20...Eh~
    Eh~
    2___th birthday...

Kyoto University of Art and Design - 2010-09-19 20:07:54
    Today we went to the Kyoto University of Art and Design to sing their school song! The lyrics were written by Akimoto-sensei!
    It’s a nice song that will really grow on you! I hope we’ve helped the students to grow to love it!

[​IMG]

One of the students also gave me their blog in the form of a book! How interesting! It’s so much fun reading other people’s blogs~ Sashihara loves reading blogs online, but this kind of blog that glorifies campus life is interesting, too. I feel like I can really appreciate campus life with it.
    Reading it is so challenging~ The sentences are so well-composed!
    It’d be cool if Sashihara’s blog could become a book someday, too.

And that's it~
    Oh man, this batch of entries. XDDD That mochi entry is just hilarious. And LOL @ her forgetting it was her brother's birthday. And being reminded by the fan's comments, no less. XD That "2__th birthday" thing was just the icing on the cake. And wow, her brother's oshimen happens to be her bff, haha.
    I agree about turning her blog into book. Heck, I would totally buy it if that happened. 8D

12. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

An older brother who's oshimen is Kitahara, and the very obvious fact that many people often mistake the two.
    Makes me wonder if the brother grew up having a sister complex.

13. ra-nyan

ra-nyan Kenkyuusei

:hehe:

Oh Sasshi, forgetting her brother's birthday and age [hehe] Oh and +1 to the people who will buy the book if it ever happened..

Thanks for the translations

14. crusher

crusher Kenkyuusei

I didn't know that Sasshi has an older brother. Having such an awesome sister like Sasshi would be the best. :D

15. blesseddisgrace

I swear, if Sasshi was my sister, she would be my best friend. XD

Anyway, here are today's updates~

Clearing up misunderstandings - 2010-09-20 00:21:25
    Speaking of which, when I went to Don Quijote the other day, people were like, “Eh?! She’s actually wearing sweats...”
    Eh?! I’m the one who wants to say that! Eh?!
    Maybe they thought it was a joke...Wearing sweats is normal for me...
    I wore sweats today, too...

My regrets in life - 2010-09-20 08:14:15
    I have one! Today I woke up at 6 o’clock.
    I had a meeting a 7.
    Normally it wouldn’t matter, but I had to go in for hair and makeup, too...Morning-person Sashihara, who normally never sleeps in, was in a huge rush...
    I’ll just go around in glasses for today!

[​IMG]

I’m sorry...
    But Ere-P said my regular clothes were cute, and even the research student Haruu went and started wearing the clothes she asked me where I bought them from!!!!! So forgive me!!!!! Okay?!!!!!!!!!!
    I’ll be the loudest one of all again today!!!!!

Anyway, here’s today’s Talk Theme for those who have nothing to say during the handshake event today!
    “Do you like cold curry?”
    Even if you aren’t coming to the event, please tell me in the comment section!

Kuramochi Asuka’s mysterious appearance - 2010-09-20 15:23:03
    This is 21-year-old Kuramochi Asuka.
    Just what the heck is she doing?

[​IMG]

I don’t really know, but anyway, I’ll keep shaking hands!

Komori’s fortune-telling - 2010-09-20 17:03:07
    Apparently, Komori can do palm-reading.

[​IMG]

She’s doing a reading for Sayaka-chan. Apparently, she has a very radiant palm.
    Can’t she say something more believable...?

Everyone, have her look at your palm, too!

The handshake event is over!- 2010-09-20 21:42:23
    Thank you so much to everyone who came by! Today was a lot of fun~ \(^O^)/
    I wonder why almost everyone asks, “Oh? You’re not wearing sweats today?” every single time...
    Anyway, thank you very much! Also, also, thanks to everyone who contributed to the curry discussion!
    Sashihara likes warm rice with warm curry! I’m so thankful that warm rice exists~

[​IMG]

Bias - 2010-09-20 23:23:05
    People usually say my clothes are lame at handshake events, but today they kept calling me fashionable without a single “lame” comment...
    It must be because I wrote that Ere-P complimented me in my entry this morning! (゚д゚) That’s totally being biased~! If Sashihara hadn’t written anything, she would have been lame Sashihara again today...
    Erepyon has some insane fashion power.

From now on, I’m going to write about Erepyon complimenting me, even if she didn’t really compliment me.

Bam.

And that's it for today.
    So, four out of six entries today were about Sasshi and her clothes. XDDD I personally think she'd look great even in sweats. And those glasses look really nice on her. ♥ She seems like so much fun at handshake events though, haha.
    And LOL, how cute is it that she calls Erena "Ere-P"? XD That Asuka entry was pretty amusing too, haha.

16. Japanime_1

Japanime_1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

^
    lmfao at Komori the fortune teller...wuuuttt. :D

Hmm...I think I prefer warm curry rice than cold... =/

Ere-P. <3 [cool]
    ---
    THANKS FOR TRANSLATIONS!!! [bow]

17. ra-nyan

ra-nyan Kenkyuusei

It's her Kira-Kira power at Max.. I'm so gonna miss Pyon..

Same.

Anyways, LOL at Mocchi... seriously wtf was she doing.. and komori the palm reader [hehe] And I really like those glasses on her too.. I tried wearing a similar one and it's just not the same

Thanks for the translations..

18. shattering

shattering Kenkyuusei

Sasshii won againts Yuko but lost againts Nakatsuka Tomomi :cry:

I cried when I saw that...To think that after she wins againts Yuko she could win again on the 2nd round :cry:

19. kohilist

kohilist Kenkyuusei

Sasshii won Yuko! Fair enough~ xD Go go~ Sashihara Quality! [party]

20. blesseddisgrace

Update time~
    And sorry I only have the two entries from today; I have a Government test tomorrow that I'm totally unprepared for. > 3 > But in the meantime, here are Sasshi's updates from before and after the janken tournament.

Today is the kind of weather for janken - 2010-09-21 11:32:22
    All I can say is that I’ll do my best!!!!! Everyone, please support me!

My honest feelings - 2010-09-21 21:34:12
    Here are my thoughts now that the tournament is over!
    Eh~
    I’m frustrated...I’m really frustrated...Even alone, Sashihara could have made her name known to so many people. Even alone, she could have made more fans. She could have the people who are cheering for her now, cheer for her even more. But I let that chance slip away...
    Ah~ It was just a round of janken, but it was a significant round of janken.
    But I’ll do my best to get into the next janken single.
    I’m sorry to all of you who got your hopes up. I’m sorry to Yuko-san and all the fans of Yuko-san...
    I was really happy when I heard that all of Yuko-san’s fan were supporting me, too!!!!!

Well, I’ll do my best!!!!!!
    Ucchi, congratulations!!!!! \(^O^)/

So, what exactly IS the kind of weather for janken? XD
    In all seriousness, though, it does make me a little sad that Sasshi beat herself up like this. Like I said in my comment on her entry, I'll always support her no matter what place she gets, and I'm sure it's the same for all of her fans. I love Sasshi and I became a fan of Sasshi because of her Sashihara Quality, and no doubt it's the same for her other fans, too. I'd like to see her take center, of course, but whatever position she gets is irrelevant as long as she keeps on being Sasshi. :'D
    Anyway, that's my little spiel. I'd better get cracking on studying for my Gov test, so until tomorrow~