1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[CONCERT] AKB48 'LIVE' in Singapore (12 Nov)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by yuji82, Jul 11, 2010.

1. wind

wind Kenkyuusei

So sad I didn't manage to send them at the airport. Din expect their bus driver to drive this fast!!! But like many others, I too enjoyed the concert. Too bad I hv to secretly take pics without being caught, so all my pics are super duper blur :cry: Once again anyone with clearer pics (than mine) with SAE in it can PM me?

Here's wat I hv taken......
    http://s74.photobucket.com/albums/i254/ ... ov%202010/

2. Keiko

Keiko Kenkyuusei

I know how you feel, I had 2 Japanese guys beside me who was totally unenthusiastic from the first minute to the last minute of the whole thing. I felt so weird standing beside them [speechless]

It makes me think why are they even there?.. [wonder]

3. GWing0

GWing0 Kenkyuusei

My very 1st concert, and I'm very satisfied with the energetic performance from the 16 gals! Pity the concert was rather short.... :cry:

After looking @ the gals online, in DVD/magazines, they are so much prettier and cuter in real-life. :inlove:

My friend, who just accompanied me for the "atmosphere", is now a Mayuyu (SHE'S SO ADORABLE IN REAL-LIFE!!!) fan. :D

This concert makes me wanna book a plane ticket to go Akiba immediately!

OOT: I also like Kacchan's new haircut (or is it an old 1? =x) :inlove:

4. yuji82

yuji82 Kenkyuusei

me too....really upset missing out the girls in airport for the SECOND time... when I reached there everyone is gone

5. GWing0

GWing0 Kenkyuusei

That's rather different from the 2 Japanese guys sitting behind me. One of them was practically screaming his lungs out. Really admire his stamina and I guess some of his enthusiasm also had an effect on my friend and I, where we were also shouting along the way. :D

6. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

i just came back from suntec city concert plus some few drinks after that i will talk about the concert, i met the fans from japan, indonesia and hongkong and i even talk with 1 akb fan from japan whom he attend the theater show about 900 times flew into s'pore to see the girls.

Set List

00. Overture
    01. RIVER
    02. Oogoe Diamond
    03. Aitakatta
    MC
    04. Pajama Drive (Nakagawa, Watanabe, Katayama)
    05. Candy (Komori, Kasai, Sato A)
    06. Kimi wa Pegasus (Akimoto, Sato N, Miyazawa, Iwasa)
    MC
    07. 10nen Zakura
    08. Hikouki Gumo
    09. Iiwake Maybe
    10. Heavy Rotation
    ENCORE
    11. Beginner
    12. Ponytail to Shushu

plus points :

. nacchi speaks good english
    .the girls sang beginner(without the hoods )
    .the girls love singapore
    .the crowd love the girls
    .aki-p is in the concert and he sits with the crowd

the cons:

.the concert is too short
    .the audience is not used to the wotagei chantings as i felt the local crowd is too reserved
    .the girls need to improved their standard of english as they can say a few simple words e.g "you enjoy" and "i like singapore" and also they switch back to japanese after they cannot say anymore english

my conclusion :

it is the great concert abd i know that the girls would come back again to s'pore next year for a full one

7. sekaru

sekaru Kenkyuusei

8. Keiko

Keiko Kenkyuusei

I hope I had guys like this around me, not just my left side with 2 guys doing nothing but just standing with their arms crossed and watching.. the Japanese group on my right side was hesitating whether to join in the shouting and stuffs until last 2 songs of the concert.. but I couldn't care less about the people around me!! I just did what I wanted, do the chants etc cause I don't wanna have any regrets [rock]

It was my first time ever to attend a concert.. the duration was really short though :cry: Gotta work 120% hard to earn money to go Japan to see them!! [party]

9. natallie93

natallie93 Kenkyuusei

THE CONCERT WAS AMAZING!!!!<3 The girls were awesome, giving their best in each and every song. Sayaka was FREAKIN HOT during Kimi wa Pegasus, she just radiates confidence and she totally stole my attention away from other girls! <3

Chiyuu was cute during her self-introduction, she was all: Helloooo~ My name is Kasai Tomomi, you can call me Chiyuu! (When you) say Chiyuu, you will be HAPPY! XD (i love this girl!!)

I was fairly surprised by Natsuki's english, her pronunciation is among the best out of all the girls! Sae was hyper and made tons of funny faces during the performace (I think it was Ponytail to Shushu) Lovetan made some cute english mistakes (well, all of them did but hers was exceptionally cute XD)

Mayuyu looks AMAZING in real life, she's so adorable!!! She also took the first line and started the MC talk. They all talked about visiting Singapore, eating Chinese food (they were abusing the word Buono! because they couldn't remember the english word for Oishii aka. Delicious LOL) Seems like they had tons of fun in Singapore :)

Overall, the concert was AWESOME!

+I took a fancam for Heavy Rotation, here it is! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o554TdFGDw
    Enjoy guys!!! ;)

10. foxtrot

foxtrot Kenkyuusei

Just got back from the concert, and all i can say is that it is the most awsome thing ever!

Seeing the girls live is really an experience itself, especially Sayaka :inlove:

oh god, she is just perfect, her English is [rock] . To those who want to whine about the grammer [box] . I say it is pretty damm good as it gets already. Some of the members even struggle to string a sentence longer then 4 words together [sealed] Nacchi's English is surprisingly good !

Kimi wa Pegasus is pure win, although i REALLY wished they could have done Blue rose instead (just sub in ayarin, she's done it before)
    Sayaka, Nacchi and Sae are just pure win in this one [rock]

And Beginner and Pontail to Shushu.... The highlight, doesn't get any better.

Will do a detailed writeup soon, but in the meantime, the key reason for this post is:

SAYAKKKAAAAAAAA

I'm sure she did see me, we made eye contact [hehe]

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi guys, first time posting here, but have been following AKB for quite a while now. And being in Singapore, I definitely wouldn't miss this concert if I could help it. So here are some quick impressions from I guess a "semi-casual" fans' perspective.

Like the posters above me mentioned, it was short. The concert started proper at 7.15 and ended shortly before 8.30, just over an hour long. The overall performances were great, and the girls have obviously worked hard on their English for the intro and MCs. My guess is that they were rushing to catch the return flight home, so something probably got cut (some of the girls didn't get to perform any unit songs for example).

The only MC comment (in japanese) I managed to fully understand was Lovetan saying that it is autumn in Japan so it's really cold, but here in Singapore it is much warmer.

Also, during the concert, I was standing beside a staff member from AKB management (I think he is one of the 2 "gay" dudes who appeared in the janken tournament announcement video they played at yoyogi). He was taking notes about the performances, but more importantly, I believe he was also taking notes about the hardcore fans in front doing the wotagei (all you pink shirt wearers). He was constantly listening intently to their timing during the performances and whether they got the member calls correct, and noting them down.

12. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

↑ You must always have someone to do analytic reports about "in concert" response between public and artists. It is the best source of.. hoy do you call it... "field work/research".
    All data is valuable... ALL of it. ^^

And about the last pics... they are great (all of them)...

/Gobo Save Image... Save Image... Save Image... Save Image...

... more please. ^^

13. polyrhythm

polyrhythm Kenkyuusei

We saw the bus going off from Suntec carpark about 15-20min after the concert. At first it looked like a tourist bus, but someone spotted Sayaka in there lul. Then we broke off into groups for taxi to the airport. By a stroke of luck, on the way we passed by their bus. We took a chance by going to T2 (it was the later of 2 possible flights, the earlier one would have meant T3)/. And then we got so excited when we saw the bus turning into T2 as well. We got off the taxi and waited for awhile and they finally got off the bus and we stood from a short distance to wave. They spent only a couple minutes walking through the hall and waving back at us, went straightaway to the check-in! I think they wanted to avoid too many fans crowding so check in like 3 hours before their flight time...

THE CONCERT WAS FANTASTIC OMG ;__;

And Nacchi recognised me during the airport sendoff! I'm so happy~

14. brutal

brutal Kenkyuusei

I was in the first few rows but not in the middle. To say the least, I was disappointed.

1. The sound was way too loud to the point of clipping.
    2. The people around me were totally not enthusiastic. They didn't even get the lightsticks!
    3. Some of the girls weren't putting in their all; just going through the motion.
    4. Their "talk" sections were atrocious. It was as if they didn't have anything good to say about Singapore.
    5. If you say chiiyuu~~ you'll be happi!

15. Criss

Criss Member

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTfqSPRFbho[/yt]

16. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

2.- Yeah, I guess some people aren't in the "wotagei" line... lol....
    Haven't think about it too much, but maybe their favorites girls
    didn't go adn they went with no enthusiasm for the rest... as a simple... "to not waste the tickets"
    =/

3.- What?, Who?, how? O__O... in pics it's impossible to say but they looked as they were "on it" everyone.
    (And for the video above ↑, I think they did it great O_O).

4.- Well... I doubt some of the girls knew there was a place called Singapore before...
    If some of them are at geography as good as they are in english... [tmi] [tmi] [tmi]

5.- Chiyuu. xD

===========================

PS: A part of Beginner: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TWeuNOAc7M
    PS2: Bye bye xD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UepxZVzddBs
    PS3: Hebirote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o554TdFGDw (← Lol, this one was posted by uploader in this page... ^^''' )

17. yuji82

yuji82 Kenkyuusei

I was sitting at the first row on the right column with my sis. Quite a no. of people around me do not have lightsticks, especially the local Japanese, a bit of surprise for me. There are of course some things that disappointed me a bit.
    (1) The girls are not singing live (except for the encore song ponytail to shushu???) but this is the same for all overseas performance. No surprise
    (2) Some of the dance move like Beginner are not sharp enough. It is probably due to lack of practice together since they are from different teams
    (3) The concert is too short, need more stage songs
    (4) Where the emcees to do the translation?

However, there are a few things that really make my day:
    (1) Sitting at the right column allow me to see more of Sae & Tomomi who seems to be more on the right side during performance. But I get less chance to see Sayaka and Nacchi also as they are more on the left.
    (2) Wearing the bright pink SGP48 T-shirt and being the only one wearing it in first row around my seating area allow me to get the girls attention more easily. I have quite a few eye contacts moments with Tomomi and Sae during performance. I am a bit embarrassed initially and dun know what to respond (Its is my first time to be so close to my idols in concert!) But when I fanatically wave my lightstick later as they make eye contact with me, I could see a bigger grin on their faces. These moments really made my day.
    (3) Mayuyu's voice is really cute!! She is more kawaii in real person.
    (4) Some of the girls like Wasamin, Sae-chan really gave their all. Kana look a bit lost though

Overall the concert experience is an enjoyable one. Now looking forward for the next one in dec.

18. Alaksandus

Alaksandus Kenkyuusei

19. tinyredman

tinyredman Kenkyuusei

Its fun knowing u guys today. At least now i know there are tons of akb fans in singapore, just like me. Jeremy here btw. And the japanese crowds were awesome. The wotagei they did was nice. And the cute japanese girls from singapore... Kawaii. They love sae more.

Btw: kasai posted on her blog commenting on the concert. Have a lookie.

20. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

Following that link, this was THE (IMHO) most important thing for everyone to prise or complain... xD

***********+
    Yan noticed that many of the girls looked really tired during the concert. The high proportion of singles to stage songs, meant that they weren't getting any break at all during songs. Jet lag and having to rush down in their busy schedules being some of the other factors, not to mention the press events earlier in the day.
    ***********+

I could think that some of the girls "under performing" some songs, were because of that.

I also kind of want to believe that... (For the record: I *HATE* those "Airplane -> Bus -> Hotel -> Bus -> Event Hall -> Bus -> Hotel -> Bus -> Airplane travels... I hate them!)
    Also I don't think it would be necessary to guess some other options in which a girl can feel terrible to perform a choreography in stage...