How do you remember all names?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Haru-chan, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

I'm new to ABK48 and it took me three watches of AKBINGO to remember one member's name (Takahashi Minami). I have a long way to go, but now that I'm getting more and more into AKB48, I'll be working hard to learn their names~

Hello, everyone, BTW. This is my first post!

Kay

2. katastr0phical1

katastr0phical1 Kenkyuusei

Hello and welcome! Find the Arrivals & Departures post below. It's a great way to say Hello and most everyone follows it too! I found this forum just a few months back and it's been amazing. There's everything AKB you'd ever need here. Hope you enjoy!

Arrivals & Departures:
    http://stage48.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13

3. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

Nice, I'll be post in there next. Thank you!

Kay

4. caedus

caedus Kenkyuusei

For me, I think by watching a lot of their shows. Also watching the making of Majisuka Gakuen. That was really helpful.

5. ra-nyan

ra-nyan Kenkyuusei

I pretty much know all 48 AKB members names, though I still forget some from time to time :^^;: , and about 6 SKE and 9 SDN and 3 AKB RS(miniskirt no yosei unit)..(LoL I know more SDN members than SKE)..

Well I've been a fan for more than a year now so I know the old members way back (I was an S48 lurker then).. I started by watching variety shows like AKBINGO then mostly shonichi LoDs because all the members from respective teams are present.. Then there's the general election from last year and this year so I watched those and the great Budoukan Shuffle helped a bit too.. And then we have S48 forum.. Whenever I see a girl that I don't recognize in one of the S48 member's sig or avi, I ask them who it is and then go to that girl's respective thread and learn more..

6. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

What is a Shonichi LoD? Is it a TV show? If so, I want to start watching it to help me learn the member's names.

Kay

7. ra-nyan

ra-nyan Kenkyuusei

Sorry I should've said Stages :^^;: .. Shonichi means the first day and LODs are Live on Demand.. So I'm talking about theatre shows and basically saying how everyone is present on their respective first day theatre shows/Stage and how it helps me because they always have a self introduction in there.. You'll learn more of their songs too..

EDIT: Each team has their own different stages and the ones that are currently running are A6th, K6th and B5th.. Hope that helps?

8. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

Ah, okay. Thanks for the clarification. I'll look into their stages.

Kay

9. MontyBoosh

MontyBoosh Kenkyuusei

I honestly can only remember 4 or 5 names (Kasai Tomomi, Itano Tomomi, Miyazaki Miho (Because they were all in Nattou Angels) and a few others) and I can recognise a few faces from each team. I'm terrible with names though :)

As for Hello! Project, I can remember the members from Berryz Koubou, C-ute and a few eggs but everyone else (even Mosumu) is a lost cause for me.

10. Melos125

Melos125 Kenkyuusei

How to remember all names?
    good question.
    start a news blog. (highly not recommended)
    you will learn all of their names naturally.
    Heck i memorised all of AKB already, and all of SKE not including kenkyuuseis.

11. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

OKAYYYYYYYY.
    Now... I will start properly learning SKE members names.
    S3 here I comeeee!!!! [rofl]

12. sho91745

sho91745 Kenkyuusei

Put their names and birthdays in your agendas, and when ever one of their birthday comes up. Then on THAT day spend maybe 20-30 minutes looking up her blog or videos she's in. It might sound like it would take a long time, and believe it is going to take a year but however in the long run, it will help you remember them a lot better :] -Chiyuu!

13. shonenfan4

shonenfan4 Kenkyuusei

I don't remember all the names except a few, but I know most of their nicknames... [think]

14. yuji82

yuji82 Kenkyuusei

I created 3 wallpapers for each team. Each wallpaper has 16 member photos with their romaji and kanji names. After 2 month, I naturally remember their names and faces

15. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

^ That is SUCH a good idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

16. allisonmarie23

allisonmarie23 Kenkyuusei

^
    ^
    I agree, that is a good idea! I'm a newer fan so I'm still learning, but I've found the profile page on the official web site is my best friend when it comes to recognizing who is who. If I'm watching a video and a certain girl sticks out to me, I try to find them on the profile page (or ask in the comments for the video who it is). I've learned who a bunch of the girls are this way. And like others have said, looking at people's sigs and in general watching a lot of videos helps. [nod]

17. katastr0phical1

katastr0phical1 Kenkyuusei

MC's during stages were a huge break through for me. You get a few minutes of each girl being themselves and talking.. now I cant understand a thing, but it gives you some good face time. Also.. Making Ofs, AKBINGOs, and TV appearances where you can see more than a few seconds of a girl. Since PVs fly by really quickly.. these are options to get more face time.
    But yes, I'll still go back to that member page on the AKB site. It's pretty handy.. pretty dated pictures now though. Some of the girls look much different.. haircuts and maturing does a lot for mostly teenage girls... ie that picture of Tanamin isn't even close anymore, imo.
    Im about 95% on my AKBtest on photos.. and its because of the pictures I think. Or thats what Im blaming. I get about 3 them confused in those generic pictures... :(

18. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

The easiest one of them is AKBINGO/TV shows
    As They have a sign with their name. =)

MCs are good and fun... Nakayoshi Conbini...
    but one can easily be lost in between the catchprases, specially in the larger ones.
    When you have the "normal" members there, you even feel confident of what you hear
    because probably you KNOW what you expect to hear...
    When kenkyuusei, in special the new ones, are there... all your confidence vanishes because probably
    you won't understand anything and will have to repeat once and again the scene to get the name.
    (If you don't cheat and use memo to get who is speaking in what position xD).

PVs are the harder if you are too new... I actually confused even Jurina and Yuko a lot in 10nen (well... that was probably just me. xD), and even now I still find Hacchan TOO LOOK ALIKE Tomochan.

19. RTBandGeek4ever

RTBandGeek4ever Kenkyuusei

How do I remember the names...Though I'm still a bit new to AKB48, one way that I started learning people's names were when one of the members caught my name, I would just search them in the AKB48 PVs. But I still have about 38 more to go. T^T.

20. allisonmarie23

allisonmarie23 Kenkyuusei

I think I know what I'll be doing this weekend... LOD's and buying the stage dvd's. [hehe] Not only do I want to learn they're names but I also want to get to know them, and their personality.

Ah, this is true. I've found there are some girls I can't figure out from those pictures since the pics are old. Would be nice if they updated them soon!