AKB48 Member of the Year 2010 - VOTING IS OVER!

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by Naomi, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xyish

xyish Kenkyuusei

Re: AKB48 Member of the Year 2010 (Nov 23-Dec 7) - ONE WEEK

Check out the second link, it's up-to-date, but lacks cross-group ranking, pictures and for those who can't read moonrunes, no English names. It's pretty useful otherwise.

2. Pan-chan

Pan-chan Kenkyuusei

Re: AKB48 Member of the Year 2010 (11/23 - 12/7) - 2 DAYS LE

I actually remembered to vote this year xD

3. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Thanks for voting, everyone. :D

There's now TWO DAYS LEFT, so if you haven't voted already, I'd suggest doing it now! If you're not sure who to vote for, vote for Natsumi. Just kidding. Not really.

It'll end on 11:59 PM (EST), so click here to see what time that'll be in your area (I stole this snazzy clock from the Mafia II thread, hoho).

And we've got more votes this year than Nihongogo and S48 combined last year! Woo!

Also, I did a recount of the votes yesterday so I won't have to do as much when the voting's over, so results will definitely be posted on December 8.

4. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka

A prediction is I think Acchan will do better this year that last year. I feel like after losing to yuko she has less anti-fans.
    I think maybe Takamina will win this year? Or maybe Mayu?
    NO IT'LL BE SASSHI!!!
    Maybe...I don't see it being acchan or yuko but I could be wrong. I think ske48 overall will do better this year and maybe churi will be top...churi or rena.(edit: top out of ske48 only)

I think shiichan will do better but then with her extra exposure she may have gained some antis so will have to see what happens on that front.

5. Azarashi

Azarashi Kenkyuusei

this ;)

6. Naomi

I think so, too. I think having Yuko get #1 allowed people to take a "break" from Atsuko, so people were able to appreciate her more. :lol: I think Atsuko will get #1 in the next election, though, and I think she'll get more negative votes in next year's Member of the Year.

7. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I think it depends on the people voting. On the one side, SKE is better known than last year, so their members have higher choices. But, on the other side, if the people voting are 'new in town' (who seldom begin with SKE) or concentrate exclusively on AKB (I'm sure there are people who don't even know a single name of the SKE members -that's not my case, of course, I know one :lol:), then SKE's choices are not good.

8. Naomi

Ah, I forgot to mention that I'm including how many people voted for each member (both positive and negative). Should be interesting. :B

9. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I don't even remember who I voted for anymore [rofl] I didn't vote for my top 10 members, just for members I really like that I thought would need more appreciation... I'm bummed that I hadn't known about Yui by then otherwise I would've voted for her as well :cry:

10. RTBandGeek4ever

RTBandGeek4ever Kenkyuusei

-sighh- I doubt I'll make it in time...but anyways...how DO you get the your name in blue? :/

11. katastr0phical1

katastr0phical1 Kenkyuusei

Try going to the depot.. there's a link there. Basically you have to get a number of approvals from mods for contributing to the forum. # of posts don't really matter, its quality over quantity. Translators, linkers, picture posts, new/quality info are king. Else just try and stay current and up to date, join discussions and the such.

12. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

13. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka

I voted for members that have impressed me this year, rather than just my top 10 exactly.(though of course it is biased)

14. Naomi

Would anyone mind if I changed the end time to early(ier) December 7 instead of 11:59 PM? I'm asking because I've gotten my days confused, and I thought it was going to end tomorrow, December 6 11:59 PM, not December 7, so I got disappointed when I found out I'd have to wait almost two more days. =/ I'd end it probably around 12 PM or earlier my time (EST) and probably have the results later that day.

I'm also asking because I've changed the date too much and I don't want to piss anyone off. xD

15. jae90ful

jae90ful Kenkyuusei

so curiuos about the result ne
    whatever ranking they will be...all gurlz got their own charm
    i will be rooting whoever got #1st place [clap]

16. Naomi

Re: AKB48 Member of the Year 2010 (11/23 - 12/7) - 1 DAY LEF

Quoting this in case anyone didn't see it on the previous page.

There is ONE DAY LEFT to vote, so if you haven't done so, I would suggest doing so now. Voting will end on December 7, 12:00 PM (EST), and results will hopefully be posted later that day.

17. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Re: AKB48 Member of the Year 2010 (Nov 23-Dec 7) - ONE WEEK

Haha, well, a bit more officially. Though now that you introduced me to that thread (I've been here over 2 years, and yet never clicked on it once :D ) maybe I might start participating more. It would be interesting to see how my monthly rankings change over time. Something like "Wow, I can't believe I never noticed this girl before!" as I get to know more and more of the new girls as well as kenkyuusei.

I totally was going to use this, if they had pictures. As it is, I can't recognize enough members' names by kanji to rank them efficiently, so I just used the old one and stuck SKE48 members somewhere in my ranking. Still bookmarking the link though for future reference....if my Japanese ever gets good enough, this will be useful indeed. Thank you again for the link!

Thank you for sticking with the original date. [kiss] I was waiting for my Organic Chemistry final to be over with before I voted (which I sent the PM about...an hr ago? At like 5 in the morning, haha) I have a Japanese 1A final in a few hrs (4 finals down, 2 more to go, yay -__-) but I felt more prepared for that one so I could finally take the time to rank all 48 members.

Loved doing this. This was my first ranking in 2 years :D so the results were a surprise to myself after the ranker spit them out [hehe]

I had no idea Takamina and Rabutan were both actually in my top 10 now, since two years ago they were somewhere in the 10s. I think I really gained an appreciation for Takamina through all she does for AKB48 (well, meeting her in person helped [hehe]) as well as for Rabutan after seeing her more in Watarirouka Hashiritai.

Nacchan and Harugon rose up a heck of a lot too, just barely not making top 10. I think that subunit is doing wonders.

Also, somehow I started like Sumire Sato even though I see her.....not that much [wonder] I'm still wondering how she got #13 in my list. :fear:

Finally, Yukirin had snuck into my top 5 without even me knowing until an hr ago :^^;: Watching her through all the AKBingo! and Team B stuff definitely helped, but I think the biggest factor was reading her interview in the most recent Sosenkyou Official Guidebook. When a girl says she appreciates her fans treating her more like a friend than an idol because if she were a fan, she wouldn't want her idol to be someone she couldn't reach for...I think that's sort of an ideal situation for fans and idols alike and I definitely respected her a lot more after that.

Yup, definitely had fun doing this. [cool] Thank you for organizing the results, Naomi and I can't wait to see them like everyone else.

18. Naomi

Re: AKB48 Member of the Year 2010 (11/23 - 12/7) - 1 DAY LEF

VOTING IS OVER!

I'll finish counting the results and setting everything up, and they should be posted later on today.

Could a mod close this thread? I'll post the results in a new one. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.