[NEWS] Taiwan48

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Criss, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Malachite

Malachite Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    satosumire
    Due to the stressful nature of the Korean entertainment industry, with singers and so on getting pushed so hard, as well as antifans having a louder voice than elsewhere, celebrity suicides there are almost a daily occurrence, especially among young women. I think if there's any chance of a foreign 48 group hurting the ones back in Japan, it's going to come from Korea.

Scotland is lacking in AKB fans and it's good to know I'm not the only one. I'm actually living in Glasgow right now but I'm from Dumbarton originally.(´・ω・`)

2. shonenfan4

shonenfan4 Kenkyuusei

I see :hehe:

:^^;:

I just hope they don't follow the same footsteps as Hello Project's Taiwan group.

3. writerserenyty

writerserenyty Kenkyuusei

USA48 plz? *for the sole selfish reason that I want to audition, haha*

I don't think this is a bad idea at all; I have no idea how it'd work, but if anyone could pull it off it's Aki-P.

4. chiyuki

chiyuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    ^ I highly doubt USA48 would ever happen. First of all, that'd be :lol: It'd never make it big here. AKB48 is too different from the mainstream here. And I don't think America would be very accepting with tons of guys going to see young girls sing and dance, lol.

I don't see a KOR48 happening either. It can happen, but then again.
    That's totally true. They do brutal training, hahaha.

I can't say that I'm excited or too happy about Taiwan48. I kinda was hoping it wasn't true. But I'll just wait and see how it'll go~

5. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

6. sola0713

sola0713 Kenkyuusei

:fp:
    Things just keep on getting worse. Please finish creating the domestic 48's before you go any further AkiP.

@shonen (below):
    Well, that was more like a joke than anything else. Locals who don't know jack about AKB would shake their heads and think "wtf? a bunch of idiots dancing n chanting". AKB fans probably just turn the channel in disgust. >_>

7. shonenfan4

shonenfan4 Kenkyuusei

Didn't China already have an imitation of AKB48? I remember seeing it on youtube of them performing a Chinese version of Aitakatta. :hmm:

8. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I think it would take a lot more than what was shown in that video to be remotely as (lovely / interesting / rocking / choose your word) as AKB48 is... [rock]

9. JedixKnight

JedixKnight Kenkyuusei

im so gonna hate Aki-P for this........ he's just pushing things waaaay to fast.... on top of this..... this venture may just turn out to be a failure..

1. The auditions are in Taiwan.... well ok... so what? are they singing their songs in Chinese or Japanese? if it's in Chinese, it makes no difference from the imitation group and Taiwan48.... if its in Japanese, how does he ensure that they will even be popular in Taiwan? leech off akb's fame? they won't last for long doing that :blink:

2. What happens if they wanna have a joint concert or if they get invited to Kohaku again? they would want to gather all the sister groups together. So what happens now? Will they fly over all the way to Japan? How bout the language gap between Taiwan48 and the other group?

3. SKE48 was formed in late 2008 and was given time to mature before introducing NMB48. Now NMB48 hasn't even release a single album and Taiwan48 will be done this summer... Won't NMB be kind of neglected this way? [wonder]

However at the end of the day, Aki-P decides to go on with this venture... :( so let's just pray it succeed and hope the Taiwanese enjoys it [speechless]

10. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

Hm.. I've never thought about this before and that's very thoughtful of you, i'm starting to see more flaws in the plan. I hope this will work out!

11. ichiume

ichiume Kenkyuusei

OMG he s serious.... [shock]

No please no more something48!! :hmm:

I want know how akimoto is planning to write songs to, for example, Italy48 if he doesnt know Italian culture or speaks the lenguage? He must have to give that work to someone else...

12. Criss

Criss Member

You know, what really surprise me is... that some of you are surprised haha :lol:

Come on... like I said before the "man" told us about this project (or wish) more than a year ago now. He is selling his product, and he will continue selling it in the next months.

Looks like Aki-P really believes his "product" will work worldwide, asian versions have a chance, no doubt about that, western vers are the Long Shot. I dont see how this will affect AKB48, intenational version will rise and fall as domestic groups, if they fail will be probably becuase the same argument that a lot of people use here: Japanese ver is the best. In that case the JAPAN48 groups will get even stronger.

Chinese, specially Taiwan fans will win in any case with this; Local group, very probable local lenguage songs and LIVE performace, all without leaving the island. If fails they still have original groups via the internet.

Voila.

13. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I don't get it... why do people think this is going to have an significant effect on the domestic 48 groups? [think]

Aki-P is selling and branching out the concept of xxx48. Mr. Waffle's McDonald's comparison is correct; this whole thing has the feel of a franchise going global and other countries are interested in "carrying" the product. I doubt he's going to have any involvement in this group at all besides acting as overseer so none of the domestic groups will be 'neglected' and this group can get all the attention it'll need.

The point is 'localization' so this group could have a completely different sound to fit more into the music industry there. They will be singing in their own language and more than likely have Taiwanese/Chinese producers and writers for their songs. The auditions will probably go like any other audition process for a brand new group. They may use AKB choreography but I doubt they'll use their songs or stages. (of course, this is all just what I think)

Like Criss said, the worst thing that can happen is for this group to not catch on in their home turf and fail. Then everyone can go "of course, because the original is the best" and move on. Japan48 groups will still be here going strong. I'm personally surprisingly optimistic about this and rooting for them right now. Corny as it sounds, I want to see if Aki-P can really make his wish come true.

14. Pan-chan

Pan-chan Kenkyuusei

LOL good for you Taiwan, you go get it xD
    I can't see why people are freaking out. There are already several ***48 groups and guess what? I ignore them all besides 1. I choose not to listen to them because I dont want to have to keep up with everything. If you dont want to follow them, fine. I still dont get why its seemingly being perceived as a bad idea.

That being said, now is a perfect time to strike the UK Akimoto. We only have 2 active girl groups. As far as I know we've never had anything like the japanese idol system before (as in constant flow of new members, graduations etc) and if it is indeed tailored to our own sound, I can't imagine for a second why it wouldnt work. If you dont do it, I will >}

15. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

That's true, but only to some extent. Even if you ignore the rest of the groups, some SKE48 members are (and probably will) appear in AKB48's songs and PVs. If Aki-P spends money or time on ***48, that is money and time he doesn't spend on AKB48. If Taiwan48 finally is created many fans will support it, so those fans won't buy AKB48 stuff (perhaps some will even criticize AKB48 to support TWN48). If more ***48 groups are created, AKB48 will probably spend time promoting the concept, and that's time they won't use for other important matters. These are some (I'm sure the list is longer) of the collateral effects that will happen if Aki-P begins to spread the ***48 concept so, I fear that, even if you keep on conecntrating on AKB48 (like I do), the group is going to be affected by this...

16. TripleT

TripleT Kenkyuusei

can't imagine SGP48.

17. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Idols you can meet lah [hehe]

18. Ampersand

Ampersand Kenkyuusei

Agreed. My only gripe would be if I get presented with these local groups as a substitution for the Japanese product that I actually want. Aki-P's obviously getting money by selling this idea. If it doesn't work, it's the people who invested in the spin-off groups that lose money, not him/the Japanese 48 groups. The only thing it could hurt is their reputation with people not aware that they are separate entities.

AKB48 concert? WATCHING! If TWN48 comes for a concert, I'm not going to riot, I'm just not interested, that's all. Knock-offs aren't getting my money. :p

Edit: Though I DO buy products (mostly the imports but some local products) from the Hong Kong AKB48 shop. Fine line.

19. Criss

Criss Member

And yet another chinese AKB48 performance [clap] [clap] [clap]

There is some production in the video, but there is a little lack of... "spirit" from the girls. Even so its very good.

Looks like they will made more AKB48 related videos like this, maybe they improve the performance in the future.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrgU-TFBMmw[/yt]

20. StellaCat2412

StellaCat2412 Kenkyuusei

This song's good.... [aup]

I can't imagine this. [worried] Taiwan48 means [sweat] Aki-p don't only want Japanese girl bands. He wants more than that. [sealed]
    But... a taiwan girl band means that they sing Chinese songs??? :hmm: So What he will do in AKB's concerts???
    After all, I decided that I never care about another AKB's sister group. (Except SKE, NMB and SDN. :music: ) I'm overloaded with Aki-p! :wtf: