Why won't you like my oshi!?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by aakun, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

Re: [DISCUSSION] why wont you like my oshi!? EXPLAIN IT TO M

Not me, but I really want to know what was the "fuzz" about Kitarie and Mariya in Mariya's birthday last year... >^.^<'''
    Though this comes from when they did the "What do you think about X member" in 2ch.

PS: And Amina playing the "dance!, puppets!" part... lol

2. polyrhythm

polyrhythm Kenkyuusei

Ahh I see. I figured there might be people who disliked the fact she rose to frontgirl so fast. ^^ Haha yessss amazing hair ;___; And...lol. I also pair Sasshii and Rie together a lot XD

o_O I don't pay attention to 2ch at all, so i'm not sure what's up.

3. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

Oh, it's in memolist too. ^^'

I always forgot the date... it was april, 30th I think... (it must be an A4, so I guess I'll get to review the schedule from last year).

from a raw translation + a lot (and I repeat: A LOT) of MY imagination about "how the things could actually happened" (lol):

Mariya's birthday was the day before, and she didn't had "party" because she was in no team yet officially (B5 started in may) so I THINK it was something like this:

- Mariya said that her birthday was yesterday and she received SMS from some of the girls (Happy Birthday ones)
    - She said that she also received SMS that day (Good luck in birthday performance, or something in that style).
    - Amina said (lol): "Oh, from Kitarie too?"
    - Mariya said that Kitarie DID send one message the day before but not today.
    - Kitarie said something like: "What?, so I should had send you a message the day after your birthday too?"
    - Mariya followed I guess.
    - Kitarie was: "So, tomorrow I have to send you a "Happy-day-before-yesterday-birthday" message?"
    - Mariya was like: Yeah!.
    - Kitarie: ............ ¬¬

or something like that... I'd kill for a LOD of that day but I haven't found one. T___T

4. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

^I don't see how that's bad in any way though *scratches head* you have to remember that girls joke with each other all the time about a huge number of things, and it doesn't seem like Rie was being mean at all O_O she was just surprised that only one bday message wasn't enough (Again, my interpretation of what you just wrote there, not claiming that I know the facts or anything)

5. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

EH?. O.O

I never said I found Kitarie or Mariya "bad". O.O

I did say I had nothing against Kitarie (started with the: "not me") xD

what I really would like to know is why that was doing a buzz in you-know-where.

xD

I find the whole situation as much as: [hehe] [hehe] [hehe] [hehe] as it could be.

:blush: :blush:

6. Pan-chan

Pan-chan Kenkyuusei

I'm not keen on tomochin.
    The very first time i saw her live...it was Himawari 2 back in 2008.....it just put me right off her. At some points her face was like thunder. And the way her movements were like she just couldnt be bothered, and it wasnt the only time after that first show. It felt to me like a kind of "I'm too good to be here attitude" and I felt like "Gee thanks ¬.¬"

I'm also not keen on Myao.
    To me, she comes across as trying to do that bratty thing that Rabutan does but again, to me personally it comes of as bitchy at times.

I love my tanamin because she's a dork. ANd she looks way to good in an orange afro wig. And with a moustache. And completely opposite to Tomochin, I saw her live for the first time not knowing who she was AT ALL and she blew me away. I'm as much a lover of yay cute girly idols as the next person, but i like someone who can bring it too. And thats what tanamin does, i think. Although when she talks for long periods of time it begins to get on my nerves. You're like Cheryl Cole, Tanamin. Wonderful until you start speaking, then after a while i just want to shut you up. I'm under no illusions. I know she's not perfect XD

7. pinkbohemia

pinkbohemia Member

I couldn't have said it any better myself. This is exactly why Tanamin is amazing. [cool]

8. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi

I want to say that I can not get the love for Sashihara Rino like at all. She's completely normal looking (doesn't stand out), her voice is passable at best, and she's boring to watch on shows. SOMEONE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY SHE IS POPULAR AND PUSHED! [sweat]

9. microsheep

microsheep Kenkyuusei

^wota girl appears to other wotas? i don't know...

10. ra-nyan

ra-nyan Kenkyuusei

The reason why I like her at first was because of her blog posts. They're funny and random but easy to relate to. I like her hetare character and her wota side. She's fun to watch too when she's doing challenges or punishments. As for singing/dancing, well she's ok. I didn't really like her for those reasons so yeah xD

11. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I think the reason why Sasshi is pushed is because she seems so much like a normal girl, very approachable. She's also quite quirky and isn't afraid of making fun of herself and being the butt of all jokes because she's basically the anti-idol.

Ok, can someone explain Maeda Ami to me? I really don't get why she's so pushed. I figured it was just a matter of me not understanding her charm, so I started reading her blog posts, but I still don't see what's her appeal. Of course, she's beautiful, and she's a good performer, but she's pretty normal personality wise, or maybe there's something I don't understand? xD BTW, I like her, don't get me wrong, I just don't understand her...

12. MecchaMelon

MecchaMelon Kenkyuusei

^ To be honest, I wasn't entirely sure why she started getting pushed at first either. XD;;; I really adore her, but what made me start liking her was very much a personal experience. :X Cut for RL idol babble~
    We met her at AnimeExpo, at the Meet&Greet event. As Koopa and I were sitting down, she and Reinyan pointed at our (pink and purple) hair and called us cute, and when I sat next to her, Aamin just sort of like. How do I describe this look she gave me. XD;;; Her eyes were wide but she was grinning, she looked like she was surprised, intimidated, delighted by and terrified of me all at once. It's such a weird circumstance, but her reaction to me made me fall for her instantly somehow? XD;;;;;

That said, LA was just before several of the non-senbatsu girls who went began getting heavily pushed. If you'd told me then that girls like Aamin, Akicha and Sasshi would soon be pretty close to frontgirls, I'm not sure I would have believed you. Aamin and Akicha were both, like, sort of derpy and awkward, even though they were really (almost overly-)excited and nice. Sasshi wasn't derpy or awkward but was just really silly and loud and hilarious, along with Kitarie. None of those girls handled themselves the way the senbatsu did-- they lacked that poise and restraint of girls that have already spent a lot of time in the public eye. They were really normal and real and didn't feel like celebrities at all.

(And finally, the point I'm trying to make. XD; ) I think that's why girls like Aamin are being pushed now. They're bringing something fresh to AKB by being closer to everyday people. AKB started as "idols you can meet every day" but the senbatsu really aren't anymore. The girls that have been pushed recently aren't necessarily as ~perfect~ and ~flawless~ as several years at the front have groomed super senbatsu to be, but I think girls being a little derpy and awkward is endearing to people, too, which is why they're doing so well. (See also: Komori :awesome: )

tl;dr awkward girls are adorable.

13. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

^Thanks for the reply! That story is pretty cute xD I remember when Maachan saw me she was positively terrified of me lol so cute.

Anyway, yeah, I guess that makes sense. Not all of the girls can be over the top wackos like Yuko or pretty princesses like Haruna. Normal girls have their appeal as well, and that's why AKB is so great, there's a girl for everyone to swoon over xD

14. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

shes just the 7 gen ace. and a failed one, sadly. ;_; (but i think you know this already XD)

at first i disliked amin but i suddenly fell in love with her some months ago (the way they arent pushing her as much as before in undergirls made me feel sorry for her ;_;). i don't have any reason in particular to like her more though, but it think she has gotten better somehow and its not just because of pity xd

15. chiyuki

chiyuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

That's exactly why I like her too. I find her very likable. But the things I like about her seem to be the reasons why people don't like about her (like how she makes jokes about how awesome she is, lol). I guess, it's either you like her or you don't.

16. taiyaki

taiyaki Kenkyuusei

Yep, most members have a thing that pretty much makes one love or hate them.

I didn't like Aamin much when she first became a member, which was not long after I started getting really into AKB. Why was this newbie member getting pushed so much in my face when she's theatre girl level and not that interesting? But once I realized that's just how AKB operates, I stopped disliking the girl for it and just 'meh'ed. Aamin is still prominently promoted in all AKB programs, but she still bores me; I just don't mind seeing her anymore. She's still theatre girl level popular, but considering she has a strong agency backing her I doubt she'll fade away like Nacchi or Reinyan anytime soon.

As far as pushed girls go; hate the agency and management and not the girl.

17. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

^I agree so much with that. Hating a girl just because she's getting a push by the management sounds pretty unfair to me. Saying that a girl doesn't deserve it because she hasn't been in the group for years and years seems kind of unfair to me as well, everyone in AKB works hard!
    Kenkyuuseis work very hard even if they are hardly acknowledged for it.

18. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

^
    Mariko even said, when Yui was promoted, that the first person she respected for her hard work was Takamina, and immediately after came Yui. Mariko isn't known as someone who gives a lot of compliments so it kinda struck me back then.
    More than if Yui deserves it or not, I think time will tell if she manages to make good use of the chance she's given or not. I don't particularly like or dislike her, I think she's allright and I hope she doesn't blow this chance.

19. DSQ

DSQ Kenkyuusei

^^
    I agree hating the girl is unfair, but know one want to be told who to pay attention to.

I think the management need to strike a balance of pushing the girls abit while they are new so that you can get to know them first before pushing them alot or they will get alot of anti's. Because even if Yui is super hard working behind the scenes (turns up first to practice, never late ect) we the fans don't always get to know about this side of Yui until she has been around a while.

In AKB i think for any member who is not in your top 5, overexposure can badly effect how you feel about them espcially if you are netral towards them in the first place.

For the record, i don't dislike any of the girls and Yui is in my top 20.

20. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

^that's ok, I wasn't referring to anyone in particular xD Just saying it because I think some people here dislike Sasshi and Yui because they are pushed.

EDIT: I also think you shouldn't just buy what the management feeds you. There are plenty of amazing girls who work very hard and don't have powerful agencies to back them up or stuff like that, and that is the best approach to the group IMO. Looking past the pushes and finding a girl you like regardless of where she is positioned in the general AKB ranking.