1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[3/11] Earthquake & tsunamis in Japan (all x48 are ok)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by delerium, Mar 11, 2011.

1. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

2. tempuser

tempuser Kenkyuusei

Obviously there is a fear that rods could go back to critical status.
    problem seems to be that none can enter #4 and helicopters considered for getting water back in pool was abandoned
    edit; or maybe they got inside?

yeah I know, i my self said it earlier, but more and more countries are taking it higher than 4 with the used fuel pool problems now it seems

3. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

First, for one side it's the disaster, and the temporary or not, things that the authorities or the experts are ongoing minute by minute in all areas, and specially in the nuclear reactors issue.

On the other hand, you have politics, being them international or national.

If you see the 2 things as a whole and one thing, then you will have too many directions and comments to follow, much of them will be against the others, so... you will end nowhere.

why?, because as I said: You have politics in the middle.

politics it's something where you have 2 sides, and both sides will likely want all humans to being erased from the globe, before being pleased by the other side winning.

and honestly, politics are as simple as that if the opposite side says: "yes", then you'll say: "no".

which one is the right one?... In politics it just doesn't matter...

You can see severe examples and you can see stupid examples of the above all along the history of all the countries in the world.

So, when politic is involved, everything should be taken with a "?" around every thing they say.

If you have countries saying 7, others saying 4, others saying whatever... and if you don't know what the hell is going on, so, you only have to pick a side, if you want...

But the chances are that you picked the wrong one, or... more naturally, they were all wrong from the start.

Welcome to the human race .

4. tempuser

tempuser Kenkyuusei

what i wanted to point out was that it still obviously could get more serious even if the reactors cant physically be a level 7, (the pools containing used fuel)

anyway: us isis report, i think they have some people at site so they should know some facts
    http://isis-online.org/isis-reports/det ... -in-japan/
    its obviously over 4 if they measured radiation in several places miles away(even if it was mostly banana low? :))

edit: now there is smoke from #4, must be exhausting for the people working there, real heroes
    also, they raised radiation limits for workers so they can go inside #4 now

5. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

Yuko Kanno composed this song right after the earthquake struck Japan, to encourage the people.
    I have to praise her for this beautiful melody :music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8x6_JHDkhI

【English transration】
    I am worried for you,
    and the world is worried for you,
    searching for your name

Together with you
    The world is always with you
    I'm coming to see your soul

Your mind, your body,
    Hold yourself in your arms
    I pray that you are safe, and please be yourself,
    Till I will see you.

6. dracomalfoy

dracomalfoy Member

btw, is there any words from the emperor ?

7. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Japan Probe have posted an article linking to two geiger counters in Tokyo, if you're really anxious about radiation. ~20CPM is perfectly normal, it's reading 17CPM at the moment. 500CPM is roughly the reading you'd get if you were on an international flight. 100,000CPM could cause sterility. And, more importantly, a banana is a dose of about 10CPM. [hehe] (CPM = Counts Per Minute, whatever that means. But 100 CPM is equivalent to 1 microsievert or 0.1 millirem)

Mutantfrog have an excellent running commentry on it, especially on how Tokyo is going, with lots of monitoring of radiation levels etc. I think the most interesting thing they've pointed out is that it takes ~3.5 hours for radiation to reach Tokyo from the plant, so even in a worst-case scenario, that gives people plenty of time to seek shelter, stock up on drinking water etc to wait it out.

8. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    ^Thank you for your voice (and links) of wisdom.

9. tempuser

tempuser Kenkyuusei

seems like its not #4, but the pool under reactor #3
    much confusion

10. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

With all the different reactors acting up, it's hard to follow what's going on x____x

cd.Japan update

11. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    You don't know about Ishihara much, do you? :D Not that I know too much about him either, all I've read about him is based on Kotaku which got me interested enough to wiki him and he's probably the worst Japanese person I know. Quoting from Wikipedia, he's racist (and I mean, really, really racist dismissing anyone's opinion that's not Japanese and if it is Japanese, then questions his race), and goes as far as to say that the Nanking Massacre never happened. And now this comment about the earthquake/tsunami being "divine retribution" when a large part of his own country is suffering. It's like he's a professional troll, except he actually believes the crap spewing out of his mouth. The scary thing is, this is already his fourth term in office as Tokyo governor, somehow the people keep re-electing him over and over. He's also running for a 5th term. If he wins.....I don't know what's wrong with this world.

You know, in the good old days there was seppuku..... :awesome:

12. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

^ he is a LOT worse than I thought... :fp:
    I'm speechless right now, don't even know what to say to that....

13. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    Ishihara has also been quoted saying that otaku have corrupt DNA.
    He then writes rape novels but says that any anime containing anything like that is horrifically wrong and disgusting.

14. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Thanks for reminding me, Fromjapan have said something similiar. Yesterday they weren't doing anything due to radiation fears (I'll pass on commenting on that...) but now they're mostly up.

15. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    oh yh, counts per minute meaning. You know those devices(can't remember the name) that make a crackling noise and the crackling is it detecting the radioactive particles(I think only alpha particles maybe) well those crackles are the individual particles hitting it. So counts per minute is the count of that.(I think there is a specific size that they are all to standardize it)

16. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

17. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
  18. audiophile

audiophile Kenkyuusei

ah fox news....does it count as success when they fail?

on a more serious note
    apparently helicopters are being using to drop boric acid and water
    i can understand the use of boric acid (it'll function somewhat like heavy water to slow the release of radiation), but it'll corrode the metal too so i guess it is a double edged sword

gonna help with fundraising on campus = abuse of anime club presidency powers =D

19. z3144228

z3144228 Kenkyuusei

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rplI1JPj9_4[/yt]

500 million yen project clip

20. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Yeah, the boric acid is being used to try to reduce fission to cool it down. Both it and the sea water they're using will essentially ruin the reactor, but that's preferable to a meltdown (and the plant was meant to be decommissioned on the 26th of this month anyway...). The downside of the sea water is that apparently the impurities in the water (eg salt) will become radioactive, and so the steam coming out will be more toxic... but as long as it keeps the cooling happening it's the lesser of two evils.