AKB48 Subunit - DiVA

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by umechanhai, Apr 19, 2011.

1. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

Re: DiVA / AKB48 Subunit

DIVAのメンバーを増やさないで下さい is more correct as grammar...
    I can't do it now because my account is locked, but I will make another one tonight for the purpose.

EDIT woo Yama thank you XDDD

2. bamboobranch

bamboobranch Kenkyuusei

^ why is it locked?

3. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki

My goodness. What is wrong with the world? This just seems like a dick-ish idea for me. Using AKB members to get more members involved to score more money. Ugghhh.

The whole half-graduation theory is completely plausible. Kicking Sayaka out, moving Umeda to SDN and keeping the young ones in AKB sounds really realistic. Not a fan of this, though.

Best case scenario, they're just replacing their current back dancers who MIGHT end up getting to sing in the background like the non-vocal team did in DIVA.

I do like how Akimoto said he would change the 'i' to 'I' when they're big enough. Except he probably will never do that because "they will always be improving and need to gain more fans." But at least then it'd be like Nakeru Basho's PV was forshadowing it.

Actually, yeah. They just want to add back-up dancers. That's what I've decided. They're just wording it differently so more girls audition. Yup.

4. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27

:blink:

Not a good move (fandom and business-wise) to start expanding your sub-unit (can we even still call it a sub-unit at this rate anymore?) BEFORE your first single's been released onto the market. DiVA's true popularity hasn't even been properly judged and proven yet (sales-wise) and having said that, you'd be crazy to dilute the rising buzz/hype and attention (for the benefit of all four of them, increasing their popularity too) by adding MORE (outside, non-48) members.

I fear DiVA might be splintered off from the -48 family a lot more than the other existing AKB sub-units and given more autonomy as a result. In fact, this would make much more sense if the four were/are about to graduate, but that's a low move IMHO - for one, you'd enrage quite a large proportion of your fanbase (esp. the Sae and Sayaka contingent), as evidenced above, amongst other ramifications… :fear:

Aki-P's made some interesting strategic business moves (that have worked well) in the past. This, at least from it's onset, isn't one of them.

5. MecchaMelon

MecchaMelon Kenkyuusei

See now, this I would be okay with.

I'm pretty much a mess over this but everyone has said how I feel already. It is so completely beyond me why he's deciding now to mess with the most well-deserved subgroup he's made in a long time, but I can't help feel like this means he doesn't think they can do it on their own. And I hate that. Plus, thinking about what this could mean for the girls already IN DiVA... hate that even more.

6. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

I've finally gotten over the whole DIVA>DiVA thing, but what I don't understand is that if they wanted to make DiVA a larger group, why not just keep all the original members of DIVA? This whole audition thing is stupid. They are ruining a perfectly fine group.

Kay

7. KoopaCandy

KoopaCandy Kenkyuusei

.... What the eff is this?

Like, okay... AkiP? You don't need another group. You don't. You neglect half of the girls in AKB. I won't even talk about the goddamn disaster area that is SKE's management. You wanna employ six more girls? Uh. No?

I'm trying to stay positive (somehow) about this and not completely freak out until we know for sure what this is going to mean for our girls, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting over the idea of a bunch of fresh new girls coming in and hijacking this group. That's what worries me most, other than the girls graduating. Frankly, though, I can't see them graduating Sae. She's doing pretty well for herself in AKB, and beyond that, there isn't anyone to fill her "slot", no girl who satisfies the tomboyish image as successfully as she does. I really think it would be moronic for AkiP to remove her. Sayaka, Yuka and Ume are all girls I love and don't want to graduate AT ALL, especially Sayaka, but it's... gonna happen someday, and I'd rather they have a group to build together than just graduating and being done. Yuka and Ume have been shunted to the back for years now, Yuka's just starting to get re-noticed, finally, and Ume doesn't appear to have benefit from DiVA at all as far as her position in AKB goes. Sayaka's decline in popularity has been very painful for a lot of her fans, obviously, and I feel like waiting for every single and then not seeing her name is just making me bitter. Even with all of that, I want them in AKB, just because I... will seriously have to evaluate my focus on the group without my oshi there. It's Momusu all over again and I am NOT read for that again so soon. x___x

Also I will ignore the Nishi dislike because you guys are my loves and this is serious business. :awesome:

8. incun123

incun123 Kenkyuusei

What ' the hell ??? [boom]
    Mr AkiP, are u mad?
    What will you do?
    It's terrible!!!!
    I like subunit with 4 people :cry:

9. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Please tell me this is just a joke.

I finally find a subunit I like and they have to ruin it. :|

10. danny_lolita

danny_lolita Kenkyuusei

Fuck you, but that shit is this? What Aki-P walked to smoke?

I am very angry and bewildered. Not sure what to think.
    Well, I graduated several theories.

1 - Graduate of all girls, and the DIVA 10, are a group apart. So a pop group more "normal"

2 - Another new family, and be DIVA48, but does not make sense, would have four teams ... would have 12 members each, and so could have highlighted all over ...

3 - 6 will be only new dancers. What it seems to be fashionable, be all of the group but only some are center and sing. This reminds me of a new group the Happiens.

4 - As already mentioned the top ... Sayaka undergraduate and DIVA, Sae and Yuka AKB48 and DiVA and Umechan SDN and DIVA. What I do not think that is because the Sae also is not much new that Sayaka and Umechan.

5 - Just being a sub-unit with 10 members ...

Well tou even split between those ideas. But Sayaka just go back to being a leader, and come out already? Geez what a mess ...

But we also think of other news earlier that the released p-aki. As the promotion of nine kenkyusei, many people said there would be graduations, and so far nothing. And how to change the stage ... He says all relative ... and most times things are different than we think ...

Because he would announce that they have barely stretch marks?

11. eyeless

eyeless Kenkyuusei

Aki-p's trying to kill Happiness.

or now people will think DiVA are Happiness copy ...

12. SweetDonuts

SweetDonuts Kenkyuusei

i can't believe his doing this to the girls before they even officially debut yet seems like he don't have confidence that diva can be a successful unit that he needs to add new members to it :tongue:
    i'm so sad and angry right now :( [boom]

13. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

I feel awkward posting here because I never post about any of the members in DiVA, so...uhhhhhhh, hi, I come in peace?

Just a few things:

loveandcoffee, you quoted "womanly" describing why you wouldn't want Nishi, but...Sae and Nishi look the same to me. I mean not their FACES, but their hair and overall look is equally boyish to me. Like, when I saw the picture you're using as an avatar right now on Tumblr, I thought I was looking at some Johnny's boy at first. I saw your post about Nishi in that thread about why people dislike members, but I'm slightly confused. XD But that's kind of OT for this thread, I guess. (Disclaimer: I don't mean any dislike towards either of them. ...And I'm not sure if that sentence made sense but gdi I just woke up.)

I can't say I'd be sad if Yuka or Ume graduated, because what do they get to do in AKB anyway? Though Yuka just made Kachuusha senbatsu but frankly, I'm confused by that anyway. I don't DISLIKE either of them, but I've been thinking for awhile that it'd kind of just make more sense for them to graduate at this point. But I can't see all of DiVA graduating right now because I'm pretty sure Shin K would throw a fucking fit and like, form a human wall to prevent Sayaka from leaving the theatre. And even though Sayaka doesn't make senbatsu any more and stuff, I really think her place in the group is still important because she's K's captain, so I wouldn't want her to leave.

Anyway, this whole thing is weird because DiVA was just an offshot of Area K DIVA removing all the AKB girls who were just backup dancers to the DiVA four, so why would they ADD more girls? To stick them in the background, too? My oshi got shoved into the background of Area K, and the whole song was obviously, you know, Ori K's area (I'M SORRY I KNOW I'M NOT FUNNY), so I had to accept that and try to catch glimpses of my oshi in that because that was the only place I could see her in that whole single, and it was upsetting for me. So from that perspective, the idea of adding new girls to DiVA only to shaft them, too, kind of offends me. Like, really? Wasn't the whole point of DiVA to eliminate the girls you don't want to push anyway, management? :l

Not to say that I don't feel bad for the actual four girls in DiVA in this case, though, because I do. D:

14. KoopaCandy

KoopaCandy Kenkyuusei

^ I'm happy you're posting in here! 83 <3

Truth. Truthtruthtruth. <3
    And that is a valid point, as well. I don't want my girls shafted, but I also don't want other girls to be shafted, either. WHY CAN'T WE JUST HAVE A SUBUNIT WHERE NOBODY IS SHAFTED.
    ... What if they just added like... Haachan, Natsuki, Natsumi and Chikarina. And gave them all exactly equal screentime. I'd be okay with that.

... Also oh my god I want to talk about Nishi so bad. It is so hard not to. What if I put the OT stuff in a spoiler tag? .... Gonna do it.
    See, I'd be thrilled if she was in a subunit. Her voice isn't incredibly strong, but when they aren't forcing her to sing like a five year old, it's decent and I like it. She's also a GREAT dancer, in my opinion; numbers like Glory Days are incredibly dance intensive and one of the first things I noticed about her was her dancing skills. I've also read that she was one of the fastest to improve as an AKB kenkyuusei. I love her because she has a distinct personality to me, even though it isn't very charismatic or animated. She IS super boyish, but not in the way Sae is, because Sae acts like an energetic, slightly brazen boy. Nishi is a much more subdued and less theatrical boyish type; she's more mellow. Her natural voice (again, not her forced squeaky idol voice) is very deep and lovely to listen to, and she is constantly talking about video games and anime on her blog, which just gives off this air of a nerdy boyish girl, which is incredibly attractive and comforting to me. Where some people see really weird looks, I see a big, slightly embarrassed but completely sweet smile and a sort of nervous but genuine and earnest expression.
    The main thing I love about Nishi that I think bothers people, though, is that she is awkward. She's a confident performer and MC, but I think she does struggle a bit with her own image. She goes back and fourth between embracing her boyish character and a more girly persona, just like Sae. The difference there, though, is that Sae can pull both off because she has the confidence and the carefree attitude (and a more accepted look, too). Nishi is... an awkward girl. I think she looks beautiful dressed as a lady, but her overtly girlish behavior always feels forced to me.
    ... Bringing up my idol book again (I'M SORRY, IT'S SO INTERESTING AND INSIGHTFUL, THOUGH..), I've just read some stuff on idol types and their marketability, and the part I've just gotten to has introduced the idea of the "lively, boyish idol". The author used the phrase "hajikeru wakasa", or, as he translates it, "youthfulness that bursts open", to describe a "saucy, high-spirited and often tomboyish idol image" that is often replaced by a more temperate adult image with maturity. Yoshizawa Hitomi from Morning Musume fits this role perfectly, in my opinion, and Sae has the potential to do the same (especially with her current ease at fluid gender presentation.) I also think that's what SKE's management WANTS Nishi to be, but it isn't quite as seamless for her. So while she and Sae are both boy-types, Sae has a more confident hand on her own instrument, whereas I feel like Nishi isn't really as capable of that, and I love her for it, because I can relate to it (though, in reverse; I wish I was a lot more boyish, but I feel foolish whenever I try to be.)
    A lot of this is my own speculation, obviously, so take it as you will, but.
    ... WHEW, okay, I feel better.

15. MecchaMelon

MecchaMelon Kenkyuusei

Noooo please no more Nishi stuff in this thread right now I'm sad enough already * A* Claudia explained why she doesn't like her in the "explain why you don't like my oshi" thread and those of us that love her have accepted her explanation but I'd kinda rather not revisit it. >____> *edit* ok derp I just saw that you've seen her post there but could we maybe keep it there ilu guys I'm sorry ;;;;;; when I am already sad about things it makes me sad to see people I like talking about not liking idols I like and I'm kinda selfish the end;;;;;;;

Sorry, kinda OT, but I don't have anything else to contribute to this thread. .____.;;;

*edit*
    I could deal with that.

16. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

^ Sorry, I just wanted to ask while I was getting everything else out of my system. x___x Fwiw I don't dislike her!

I was sad neither of the original DIVA songs included Haachan, anyway. You want to talk about divas in AKB without talking about Katayama HBIC Haruka? Also CHIKARINA BABY, SHE'S SO GOOD. ;__;

But yeah basically this whole situation is balls. x____x

17. KoopaCandy

KoopaCandy Kenkyuusei

.... Oops, sorry, guys, I just wrote a huge wall of text about Nishi. I'M SORRY IT'S IN A SPOILER TAG PLZ IGNORE.

... Honestly, I know it's because this is an Office48 unit (lol or so we thought), but I feel like Haachan would do great things in DiVA, perhaps more than any other current AKB girl. Talk about a girl who needs a real chance to showcase her talent, too, girl is FLY.

18. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

I must've blocked that Nishi dislike from my memory or something so I could keep on living :psy:

KOOPA AND MELON LET'S HAVE A GIRLS NIGHT IN AND SIT IN OUR PYJAMAS AND WATCH PERFORMANCES OF NISHI AND GET ALL GIDDY ABOUT HER OK

I was going to say "well I like this being an Office48 thing, Haachan should be in a unit with her agency-mates" but then I tried to comprehend what the crap you could do with Haachan + Amina and gave up :fp:

OK BUT BACK TO DiVA I copied the complaint and also tweeted TGSK about it. [hehe]

19. bamboobranch

bamboobranch Kenkyuusei

they already did: MUSICAL :XD:

20. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I wouldn't complain if they did that. :awesome: