1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[Sign] S48 Mafia XII: PokeAKBmon! (0/28)

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Gobolino, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

Re: [Sign] S48 Mafia XII: PokeAKBmon! (16/24min)

MafiA XI ended?. O.O... this soon?. O.O

... don't know what to do, maybe force a break until more people can join?.

I'd like to have a minimal of 24 players, though... the game can be done with a little
    modification for 16... but I'm afraid it will be just too fast.

And, if you look at how it seems to be the mechanic of the game... it's already
    chaotic... forcing it to be a fast game I'm afraid it will end being unplayable from
    the GM/MOD point of view and too (and I mean it: TOO) confusing from the player point
    of view...

Of course, as it is a "pilot game" as it's the first one in his category, everything said is speculate.

Haven't checked out the rest, but if Mafia XI ended... I'll give people until Wednesday to see if they want (or can) play or not.

^^

2. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

^If you want I can enforce the 1 month mafia break right now, so this game will be delayed for a month. I wasn't sure if you wanted that to happen before or after your game so I originally planned to force the break after your game, but this sounds good too.

After a month a lot more people will begin craving the game again and a lot of people will become free from some activities they have to do now.

3. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

I told (by PM) just now to ra-nyan a let's see how things develop until wednesday.

just to give people time... if not, it would be most probably the break "during" the sign up phase as now. =/

4. sola0713

sola0713 Kenkyuusei

So I assume we're having a month's break now correct? Gobo said to wait 'til Wed (27/04) but doesn't seem like anyone else has signed up. Probably good timing too seeing as how many players can't play/lost the enthusiasm for now.

5. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

^I'm still thinking of enforcing a break after this game. So however long it takes for this to start, it won't affect my plans.

6. sola0713

sola0713 Kenkyuusei

Why not just start the break now and extend the length of it? There's not enough people to start this game even if we give it another 2, 3 weeks as most people are busy. If not, then...

Start signing up again peoples. :fear:

7. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

I am having a very hard time shrinking the playability of the game to 20 (not even mention 16) players... so I'm back at the original idea of 28-30. As the signing process is totally cold, I guess we are having a month-break "inside" the sign up phase as I imagined. =/

8. ckd

ckd Kenkyuusei

Re: [Sign] S48 Mafia XII: PokeAKBmon! (16/28 or 30)

that's actually a cool idea after reading all of that...

I guess I'm in too.

9. sola0713

sola0713 Kenkyuusei

Re: [Sign] S48 Mafia XII: PokeAKBmon! (17/(28-30))

*cough*
    So what's happening to this game, or even to the whole mafia-game business now? Dead, resting or lack of players? :wtf:

10. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

i think half of the population on Stage48 have been dying from finals and exams in these past few weeks :music:

11. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

It's obviously in stand-by waiting for people wanting to play it.

the only other option would be to use NPCs but that will totally ruin the "spirit" of the game.... I guess we'll just have to wait...

I havne't been working on new additions to the game because it's WAY over complicated just as it is... >^.^<

12. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I think maybe the mafia hiatus should be "official" now (if it wasn't already), because it seems like most people are too busy to play or want a break from mafia. Maybe once the hiatus is over, people will be willing to play (me too, but I need a break from mafia for now. =P). Plus it'll be too hard to get 28-30 people anytime soon. =/

Maybe more people will want to play during the summer, once school is over 'n' stuff.

13. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

I kinda want to play now...but i'm leaving the country soon and i'll be busy :\

14. sola0713

sola0713 Kenkyuusei

@Naomi: Well AT said he wanted a month's break after this game, regardless how long it takes to start it. Not sure wat the decision is now since no-one's signing up.

I'm pulling out if this game starts BEFORE END OF JUNE. My exams are in about 1month's time and lasts about the same length. Otherwise I'm still in. (I hope this game starts after end of June lol, I want to play. Real life's such a bummer =/)

15. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ That kind of why I personally wish the hiatus would start now because it doesn't seem like this game will start anytime soon (probably not until the summer), and the longer this sign-up takes, the longer the hiatus will be. =/

16. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

even if it's official or "voluntary-lacking", the hiatus is "on" anyway. ^^

17. issa

issa Kenkyuusei

Well. Ok. My exams will be over tomorrow so I'm officially in whenever the hiatus is over. :awesome:

18. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

maybe we should make an smaller game before? 30 ppl always took a lot of time so maybe its better to start it again a 20ppl game instead and do like what we did with 55C's game and just let it there until it had all the players needed.

19. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

maybe we can do tournaments of 10?
    and the winner will move on to the next stage?
    that way not everyone would be required to play at the same time :3

20. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

That would be better in a normal "mafia" mini-short game....

I don't want to spoil everything here. ^^