1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

AKB48 Question & Answer

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

come on don't be silly... =__=
    As a translator myself, I can see why Terry was bummed, and honestly I was too.
    If you bought a copy of "The Catcher in the Rye", of course the physical book belongs to you. but the work itself belongs to JD Salinger anyway. People have worked to make a file, then for ANY reason decided not to distribute it anymore. The physical file is yours, and it's easy to reupload it with a few clicks. But that's despising the decision of the people who actually WORKED on it.
    Can you see what we mean?

2. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Yes, I see it, don’t forget that I don’t translate, but I sub stuff (yes, it’s far easier than translating, but it takes its time too). But bear in mind that what I did isn’t more despising than sharing any of the AKB releases, the only difference is the owner. I downloaded the subs from someone who, as far as I remember, advertised his site and encouraged everyone to visit it and take the subs for free and without conditions (I’m not even 100% sure that the source was the one we’re talking about, even though I think it was). I thanked him and now I shared the subs with other members of the forum (it’s not like I posted it anywhere). Yes, that file was private, but so far I don’t have any reason to believe that was intended to stop even the S48 members from downloading, that’s why I shared my copy. A ‘please, don’t share that stuff, even with the members here’ PM would have sufficed.
    However, it’s nonsense losing a second more in this. I apologize to the creators of the subs because I shared something I didn’t realize I couldn’t share even with the people here. Now that I know that I won’t make the same mistake twice.
    PS: you, precisely you, should know me better than that (no, Claudia, I don't mean you)

3. ET920

ET920 Member

True enough, a translation is a derivative work. A translator could claim copyright on the translation if proof of effort can be supplied (for example, a simple phrase in Japanese may have several different equivalent but altogether lacking in English, so if he finds a way to rephrase it, he can claim copyright on that translation in particular as long as he demonstrated it is not a straight translation). However, it is pretty much impossible to claim such effort for a full translation.

The thing is, we put an amount of effort in translating, timing, checking and editing the subtitles, we use our spare, sometimes even our study/work/leissure/sleep time, we supply them via a website that costs money to kevin to maintain without asking for donations, all that for free. We don't ask anything physical in exchange, just respect to our work, which (for end users) is just not redistributing our versions (just point someone interested in them to our site where they will always be able to download them without restrictions). It is true that we don't have any right to do so, so we appeal to the ethics of our users. Just as you expect people to hold onto certain rules to use the forum, we expect them to accept certain rules for using our subs.

There are a few concepts I would like to clarify to karles48, but he has dropped interest in the topic.

4. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

I'm asking a Japanese friend to join the mobile fc for me to vote.
    I know you have to pay for a monthly charge, but is the renew automatical or do you have to do something to NOT renew it? Because I don't think she'd like to pay monthly for something she doesn't care about.

5. naddychan

naddychan Kenkyuusei

http://youtu.be/JNuA8JZDqzY At 1:14 who is the girl on the left of Mariko?
    *sorry for crappy quality [worried]

Edit: Also, Does Mariko got a subunit <3 ?

Attached Files:

• 123.jpg
      123.jpg
      File size:
      4.6 KB
      Views:
  6. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    ^ Kashiwagi Yuki

7. karles48

So far she didn't get a subunit. If you want to now (almost) everything about Mariko (or any other member), you can check her entry at the WIKI48, the S48 wikipedia (there is a link at the top of all the pages of the forum)
    http://stage48.net/wiki/index.php?title ... tage_Units:

8. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    If it's the iOS / iTunes subscription you can. You can go to Settings > Store on the device and view your account info (including subscriptions). You can also do it from within iTunes by viewing your account info. Here is a screenshot of what the subscription looks like:

[​IMG]

9. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

^
    no, she has a normal au mobile phone, but thanks anyway. ^____^

10. naddychan

naddychan Kenkyuusei

Oww... Thank you so much! [clap] <3 <3

11. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    I just realized that there are some songs of AKB48 which are translated into English.
    I think they were used before in their overseas performance in New York or so.

Which songs are they? Is there anywhere I can find the performance video?

12. chiyuki

chiyuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    ^ It's Ogoe Diamond and BINGO. Here's a perf in Russia:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbcTJiVXk-s[/yt]

13. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

Getting my voting tickets tomorrow and i was wondering if anyone from the U.S is having trouble voting... and what's the site we go on when we vote? THANKS!!

14. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    ^ loveandcoffee posted a guide in the Senbatsu thread:

http://stage48.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3370&start=1300#p437629

However, there is a big discussion right now whether overseas votes are being counted or not. Apparently the CDs that went to Hong Kong had a big disclaimer that overseas votes are not accepted. It's not clear if that is for the HK specific election, or all overseas votes (was not the case the previous two elections).

Alternative is to use a proxy to make it appear that you are voting from Japan.

http://stage48.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3370&start=1375#p438167

If you need help, I would ask in the Senbatsu thread. Seems to be where most of the discussion is ATM.

15. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

16. Ryder Blade

Ryder Blade Kenkyuusei

Yeah xD I tried looking around on the internet and Naruse's topic seems to be the only one that has the subs for that episode/series. Is there any way I can get to the subs? Like is there a requirement or something to access the private files? :|

17. karles48

I guess the right way would be asking Naruse (or the guys at SUB48 http://sub48forum.kevinkwanhk.com/index.php); I'm sorry. [blush]

18. akbMONSTAR

akbMONSTAR Kenkyuusei

19. ET920

ET920 Member

Nemousu special in Hong Kong and Macau?

20. shoruken

shoruken Kenkyuusei

Quick question: Were these English versions of Oogoe Diamond and BINGO ever released?