[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. frenchymelody

frenchymelody Kenkyuusei

Re: THE AKB48 thread!

• ^
      [clap]

This entry is great ! Very interesting and with solid arguments : D
      I'm also really sad to see some people who don't know anything about them posting insulting comments about their million-in-two-days sold singles articles everywhere around the Internet ;___;

2. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

[bow]

3. chiyuki

chiyuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

@love: That was a great read! Thanks for sharing. I haven't really been having any AKB hate around me... I just stay out of arama, hahahaha.

4. DSQ

DSQ Kenkyuusei

^
    arama doesn't just hate akb, arama hates all girl idol groups... :fp:

@claudia I loved your article, and I agree. It does somtimes get a little tiring to see in all this wota hate.

5. Ayode

Ayode Kenkyuusei

I read and I agree fully. I mostly see the hate from people in arama. I'm tired of hearing people say their music isn't real music (what is real music?). I also dislike people who are dissing the fans who do buy multiple copies (if someone was willing to spend that much money on me and my career, I'd be forever grateful).

Right now Japan is on the brink of recession. I'm glad to see people fueling the economy in that country, after all their number 1 industry has been hit hard, I can't say for sure how their second biggest industry is doing. But AKB is a group that people want to invest in with their time and money because it makes them happy.

Another thing I'm also tired of is the slut shaming. It's a summer PV...in the summer you go to the beach and wear swimsuits how is it appearing a music video any different. I won't deny that since it's an election single, it's going to sell a lot matched with their big popularity. But they're popular too among the general public (a lot of their older releases ended back up in the oricon charts around the beginning of January). They're not Japan's national idol/girl group for nothing.

6. heysamuraitamashii

heysamuraitamashii Kenkyuusei

@loveandcoffee
    Love your article <3 I agree with all of it <3 <3 <3

The thing is, I went through somewhat of a hater phase a few years ago. I can't remember who influenced me into it, but I was reading sites that diss idols and artists in general and agreeing with them. I think I even wrote an essay for school about how idols are stupid and, now that so many poor young people are becoming fans, what would become of our country, etc (like we even had a country, meh :fp: )

Anyways, two years later, I became an avid fan of the very show I complained about in my essay :XD:

So, I guess I kind of understand where the haters are coming from. Basically they just don't know enough and make all kinds of wrong assumptions and fill the rest with their imagination. And it kind of makes you think you look cool and intelligent if you're "not like everyone else".

But what's the use of thinking you are intelligent anyways XD I'm not going to say stuff like haters are stupid and have no life, because they probably do have a life, BUT THEY JUST DON'T KNOW ALL THE GOOD STUFF THAT THEY'RE MISSING :tongue: I feel kind of sorry for them XD

And oh, wait until some time later, when the haters either stumble across a random AKB video or click on one deliberately just to laugh at it. And then they will notice some girl ("hey how is this girl called Mayuyu so cute I must learn more about her!!!!!1!!one!11"), go look for more videos, and within a few days they will not be able to climb out of the huge hole that is AKB. (This really happens. I know a lot of people who started skeptical and ended up an avid fan. Me included. XD)

And we'll be the ones laughing then :tongue:

7. minna no uta

minna no uta Kenkyuusei

I can't believe I'm defending arama, but...firstly, that's kinda the point of the site. If you look at ONTD, or Omona, every artist usually get called names, no matter how popular they are, though there's a double standard when it comes to male groups or artists. Everytime they get called ***** there's always people like akbitches ready to defend them anyways.

Secondly, they have a lot of people supporting them. Even in the latest articles there's comments here and there of people saying "oh I used to hate them but now I listened to this song and I love them now!!". And in all those old wanky articles where they compare them with SNSD or kpop acts are always full of people defending them, or at least saying "hey I don't like AKB but they don't deserve this kind of bashing" or "their record sales are impressive, kpop has a long way to go". I can fully understand people disliking this place, but I think it's quite decent when it comes to AKB given my past experience with haters.

Thridly, this may sound weird, but at least they watch their PVs. I know some people that were literally turning their heads or started to speak, when I tried to show them AKB PVs sometime ago. And last week I sent one of them the EbiKachu PVs on youtube and I saw how she just skipped all of them (it's a shared account). So even if the people in arama of other places hate their stuff, at least they bothered seeing them in the first place.

8. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88

This happened to me. I wasn't a hater, though, just indifferent :XD:

Now I can't go back anymore... I've been sucked into the black hole called AKB48 :awesome:

9. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai

Put me in this camp.

Seen every AKB48 performance on M-Sta/CDTV since they started, bought a first press of SL 2006-2007 because I liked Bingo and Yuuhi, and thought it would be interesting to see a show when I was in Tokyo this December. But I've never been a group idol fan...

Never saw that black hole coming :fp:

10. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

So I was looking around the net and found that you can rent/buy Yuko's horror movie "Teke teke" on the US iTunes store, it's English subtitled. Obviously you need an American iTunes account to pay for it of course (you could always buy an American iTunes card off ebay etc if you don't live there).

There's no way to distribute it because of the DRM which keeps getting beefed up with every release of iTunes so all the old guides and programs on the net don't work; well, there is one program, but it only works on the SD purchased version, while I rented the HD version so I can't help out... [hehe]

Edit: just watched it, quite enjoyable if you like dumb Japanese horror movies. Just don't turn around 9_9

11. oddball

oddball Member

^

Yeah it wasn't to bad a film really, in a rather dumb kind of way.

Have you seen the second one? it's dumber than the 1st one so obviously it more fun to watch.... :lol:

12. eyeless

eyeless Kenkyuusei

13. Ayode

Ayode Kenkyuusei

^ It took a bit to translate those. But when I saw Acchan's name, I got really happy. But some pictures are new and some are old. It's limited and cost aprox. US$65 for that big book. But it's bilingual which is the best part.

14. z3144228

z3144228 Kenkyuusei

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S45BLejwyvs[/yt]

Music Japan
    documentary about
    Yuko, Mariko, Yuki, Sashi, Rena, Sayaka NMB48 visit the disaster area in Iwate prefecture

15. keiechan

keiechan Kenkyuusei

Wanna have video K4 for Oshibe to Meshibe ... ;___: Chiyuu and Meetannnnnnnnnnn

16. TomoChiyuu

TomoChiyuu Kenkyuusei

gahhh~
    it's removed :wall:

17. okkabachan

okkabachan Kenkyuusei

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jInc0CWg468[/yt]

found a working one...

18. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

Ahhh <3 its lovely to see all the little kids dancing along and everything!!! :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: <3 I LOVE TINY FANS :cute:

19. oddball

oddball Member

^

More than anything it's nice to see people from that area having a nice time, some of the more important work thsa AKB are capable of doing here!

20. frenchymelody

frenchymelody Kenkyuusei

• Watching K6 LOD (from pinkbohemia's advices to watch Miorin subbing a Team K girl xD)

Damn Miyumiyu, I'm really realizing it right now, I knew she was talented but that girl can sing and dance o___o
      Put her in Team K already xD she would rock the complicated choreographies ;___;
      It's so cute how Miorin's outfit is waaay too big for her xD

/goes back to watch