1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

OH CANADA where are you s48 members?

Discussion in '48 Group Fans Worldwide' started by gyan, Aug 19, 2010.

1. PirateSkittles

PirateSkittles Kenkyuusei

I'm a brand new member of the Stage48, but I've been stalking Studio48 for its lyrics and release news for a couple of years now xD;;

I only decided to join the forums now to congratulate juririn? for performing AKB48 at Anime North Idol. It's the first time I've seen someone perform AKB48 at an Idol contest, and it was very well done. I was also happy inside to see your outfit choice for the competition, so I was really shocked when one of the judges kinda singled you out by saying something like "Your outfit looks so casual, why would you choose that to perform during the Finals?" when costumes aren't even supposed to be judged during the competition... ><;;

Personally, I thought you were the best, you fit all the criteria in my book; you memorized the lyrics very well, your voice was cute and you kept up with the fast-paced beat, and the moves you did at the same time added a lot of stage presence.

So yeah, congrats :D

2. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

^ Uh, wow, hi, thank you. *__*

I was always planning on wearing my Ganbarinacchan shirt for Idol since it was her birthday, especially since I wasn't singing a song she's in and I felt a bit bad about that. (I just really had my heart set on Temodemo.) I'm just glad I got to tell the audience it was her birthday.

You're not by chance the person I talked to after the show who I asked about S48, are you?

And thanks Terry. XD

3. PirateSkittles

PirateSkittles Kenkyuusei

No, but I'm the friend of the one who talked to you after the show xD I wanted to talk to you too to congratulate you on your performance in person, but I was pushed by the traffic coming out of Idol, so yeah...

4. audiophile

audiophile Kenkyuusei

5. Ueno

Ueno Kenkyuusei

^ No................ [sweat]
    My election books are still somewhere between Japan and Vancouver

OH MY GOD CAN WE JUST GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT CANADA

6. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Well i got my ske calendar early last week and my two Kachusha's last thursday the last thing was French Kiss 3rd Cd, which by checking the mail today turns out i can pick it up tommorow. So none of my stuff is missing.

7. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Uggggggggggggh I have 3 packages still on the way, and the album will be released soon >_>

8. Ueno

Ueno Kenkyuusei

Some good news!

[clap]

9. 1337rice

1337rice Kenkyuusei

^
    That is not completely good news...couriers mean the companies like DHL, UPS, Purolator, etc., and I thought those are operated separately from Canada Post anyways, so I don't see how it could possibly be affected in any way.

However you missed this part...which is important for those who did not choose to ship it by courier in order to save money:

Do not expect to receive:

- Personal mail and parcels

:fp: #%@!!!!!!!

10. Ueno

Ueno Kenkyuusei

^ Oh right, awks.

I think mine comes with UPS although I'm not really sure why.

well I am just herpin derpin everywhere today :fp:

11. audiophile

audiophile Kenkyuusei

if it's being delivered by ups, fedex, dhl, purolater, etc
    and you're in a city, you should be fine since those are independent of canada post
    (except for rural areas)

something sent by ems or sal is gonna get stuck because canada post is they're responsible for those
    in other words
    i don't think hmv is gonna be a viable option until the strike ends
    using yesasia or cdjapan will mean you have to pick the more expensive shipping options (fedex)
    amazon is expensive for shipping regardless, but i think they use fedex too, so at least it'll get here

12. teddbear55

teddbear55 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyasumadoka
    I just want to know what happens to the parcels???? Are they just hanging around in some big warehouse until the strike ends?

13. 1337rice

1337rice Kenkyuusei

^
    Pretty much...

But here's the good news. So far, only Winnipeg and Hamilton are the ones that are "on strike", meaning they're protesting and stuff like that.
    Right where I am living (Richmond Hill), apparently my parcel (Everyday, Kachuusha CD) came today.....so, I guess it depends on the location

14. Ueno

Ueno Kenkyuusei

^ Hoefully the strike will be resolved before it reaches the West Coast :cry:

15. audiophile

audiophile Kenkyuusei

since it's a rolling strike
    it'll probably work out that anything will only be delayed a couple days
    they haven't sealed the mailboxes or anything yet

16. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    For some other news, while i haven't written up an impression of the s48 meet up yet (not sure what to say). I thought i'd post a vid i found on youtube of S48 Tokkaikox singing at Anime North Idol (by the way i did come to that, i was in the front row)

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwXAhjTahwQ[/yt]

17. teddbear55

teddbear55 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyasumadoka
    Wow that was a really really good performance!! She sounded like Yukirin!! Good job Tokkaiko!!! [clap]

18. audiophile

audiophile Kenkyuusei

great singing tokkaiko!

thanks for linking that mieniem =)

19. rareitemhunter1

rareitemhunter1 Kenkyuusei

@mieniem Ahh!! Thanks so much for posting that~ I really wanted to go to the AN Idol but I couldn't make it. > <;; Julia~ You did amazing!! Your singing is so awesome <3 <3

I also haven't written an impression of the meet-up (not sure what to say either > <;;). I had a really great time though, and it was awesome getting to meet everyone!! Sorry, I showed up kinda awkwardly and just sat down. > . > But yeah, I'm also really sorry I was so shy! Usually I'm pretty outgoing but since I don't know that much about AKB48 yet I just kinda wanted to absorb everyone else's knowledge. XD;; It really sucks that we got kicked out though, just when we got the laptop plugged in and everything. Next year if (meaning when ;D) we do this again, we should maybe try and score a table so that that won't happen.

Overall I'm glad I actually got to meet some fellow AKB48 fans though so thanks for working so hard and setting up the meet-up and bringing all your cool stuff and being so awesome to me even though I'm a total noob! <3

20. audiophile

audiophile Kenkyuusei