[NEWS] New Team: Team 4

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ame-rin, Jun 6, 2011.

1. mixedmedia

mixedmedia Kenkyuusei

Team 4 just sounds like "super kenkyuusei" team since if someone graduates from Team A, K or B, a Team 4 member would probably rather be moved into one of those teams instead of have (another) KKS leapfrog them like Shihori did (even though she was a special case).

Would definitely feel bad if there's a Team Shuffle and veteran members get shafted by being moved to Team 4.

But at least they're trying to do something with their girls instead of making them toil away for years with little hope in sight?

2. Criss

Criss Member

Wait... what a bout this?

Change the name to AKB79. So you have aaaaaall the girls in and you will have Team 7 and 9 or just Team 79.

At this rate this could be possible :lol: :lol: :hmm: :hmm: :fp: :fp:

3. tokaikko

tokaikko Kenkyuusei

Attached Files:

4. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    While I prefer Yui on Team K, I would not be shocked if they move her to Team 4 as Captain/Center.

I can see some other mini-shuffles (not top ranking members, but those who could do with a bit more promotion).

The only thing I know for certain....

It's going to be a crazy summer!

5. Snowbunny

Snowbunny Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyaakane
    I've had the same reaction than a lot of users when I read this. Like, a joke we used to make that suddenly became real. It's... REALLY awkward. [speechless]

I won't start guessing what is going to happen from now on, and for sure I won't take AKB jokes so lightly anymore [hehe] I am going to paciently see how things are going to flow this summer, with a cool head.

All I wish is the best for AKB48 itself ;_; The group is at the peek of its popularity right now, I sure hope Aki-P isn't going to ruin it and destroy my chances of seeing my oshimen in 2 years...

6. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

^This. The first two paragraphs sum up my feelings exactly. It's like they had way too many KKS and nothing to do with them so they just gave them a team. If there is no shuffle, Team 4 will have the moniker of SKKS team for awhile... And a shuffle could be unfortunate for the veteran members moved to the new team.

And if there is no shuffle, who will be the captain? Not sure if a newly promoted KKS being the captain of the new team will fly well with the veteran members.

7. babylonz_lost_child

babylonz_lost_child Kenkyuusei

So lemme get this straight....people are complaining about a new team that will bring new songs and stages ? People are complaining that all these talented girls (whom I adore btw) are finally getting on a team. People are complaining about the name???? like team A team B and team K were brilliant names in the first place. There was even a notion of rather having a mass graduation :fp: which would not be a smart idea atm. Who cares if AKB48 has more than 48 members...I dont even...this is strictly my opinion but I think this is a pretty damn good idea and I have no problems with it tbh. Now these girls won't just be floating around ne more and will be more established than "promoted KKS" (which was in fact confusing some ppl cuz they didn't think they were promoted members because of no team). I'm more curious on who da last 4 girls will be and what the new stage will be like. So hell yea bring on Team 4 it's going 2 be awesome imo.

8. Saya

Saya Kenkyuusei

^It's the fact this team is ONLY made up of KKS, so it's not even like a real team, it's just like a what mixedmedia said "super kenkyuusei"

9. babylonz_lost_child

^Correct me if I'm wrong but they are PROMOTED KKS. Thatz the point I'm trying 2 get across is now that they have their own team they can leave the KKS name behind and finally be treated like regular members. The fact that ppl keep calling them KKS is the exact reason why Team 4 needs 2 exist.

10. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    But since the team is only promoted KKS, it hardly looks like a promotion at all :/ they don't get to be on an already established team, it's like forming a second team kenkyuusei.

Also personally I always liked the names Team A/K/B >_> Team 4 is fucking stupid.

11. Sorceress628

Sorceress628 Kenkyuusei

:fp: I'm not sure AkiP has enough time and energy to write all these new stages. Unless team 4 is just doing repeats of other stages. Hell NMB48 doesn't have an original stage yet, we've been waiting for KII, E just got started and where the hell is SDN48 stage 2?

Super kenkyusei team is more accurate. At least those kks don't have to worry about the kenkyusei massacre anymore.

12. purekyunkyun

purekyunkyun Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Twitter:
    purekyunkyun
    ^
    ^ Hey, it could be worse than Team 4. Imagine if they were named Te4m. :^^;:

13. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

In the past, being promoted meant that you got on a "letter" team and got the chance to perform with some of the veterans of AKB48. Imagine how great it must be to finally get on a team and perform with Yuko, Acchan, Yukirin, Mariko, Mayuyu, etc. You could learn from them, study them, more than when you were just a KKS. Now you're in a team with your other KKS that you've been working with. Yes, it's a full fledged team, but it's full of newbies. Talented newbies, sure. But how is that any different than what you've been doing?

The AKB family multiplies faster than mice. Soon they'll be larger than the Chinese army.

14. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

aaaaaaaaaand here's what Togasaki said. All hail Memolist-sama!

No mention of stages here, but I've seen quite a few people who were there (at TDC or cinemas) tweet about that so hmm, I wonder. :/

15. frenchymelody

frenchymelody Kenkyuusei

• Poor Nan-chan, right when they announce their team ;__;
      Hope she'll recover, it would be cruel for her to leave due to health issues without enjoying team 4 >__<

So maybe 6 more KKS promoted, I guess o__o he didn't say they were going to be 14 members in team 4 after all xD
      Oh well 8D

16. babylonz_lost_child

Yes...I know I'm not new 2 AKB. I just still think this is a better idea than just leaving it as it was. Ne way it really doesn't matter cuz ppl will grow 2 like it ne way.

Thnx for the translation loveandcoffee. Poor Nanchan.

17. minna no uta

minna no uta Kenkyuusei

So yeah, I think it's actually very offensive with the original "Team 4" girls (didn't they have like, an MC in AX2009 and Amina even cried? couldn't they get a different name?), but I really like this idea and I think I almost cried when I read the news xD I was thinking the management would start to force/convince/give even less exposure to some of unpopular girls in order to graduate them and make space for the recently promoted ones so I'm quite glad to see they managed to come with a different solution.

Besides, these past two generations have been very close, so it's nice that they get to stick together instead of being in separate teams, which aren't even teams anymore :hmm: So there's no reason to be upset, if only because we'll see some of these girls on media senbatsu very soon, representing their team as it should be :awesome:

18. heysamuraitamashii

heysamuraitamashii Kenkyuusei

Late to the party. I feel pretty conflicted about this but I guess I'm kind of happy for them. They already work so well together; they would be so awesome as a team and so happy together <3

Does this mean that we will be getting 4IIs or 8IIs in SKE or NMB some time or another :hmm:

19. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    So, basically... TL;DR Mori Anna will be graduating soon. And it will most likely be a Team of 16. And no mention of new Stages.

Oh.

20. ET920

ET920 Member

To put it simply, Team 4 is what Team A was when they started, girls filled with hope wanting to break into the industry world. I wouldn't be surprised if after a year Aki-P decides to graduate a whole team and replace it with this one.