[EVENT] 3rd Senbatsu Election (Final results: 9th June)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by aakun, Mar 29, 2011.

1. psme

psme Kenkyuusei

I know! I saw that after posted! I'm sure someone will correct me! :XD:

will watch live in cinema in ~17 hours... [party]

2. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

Hey, I always thought it was Miyazawa Sea :hehe:

^
    ^ For some reason I'm banned from Stage48 IRC chat, & I don't know what to do about it :yikes:

3. yankeesophyd

yankeesophyd Kenkyuusei

so we only can know the result using twitter>>>>
    [worried] [worried] [worried] [worried] [worried] [worried]

4. saika.city

saika.city Kenkyuusei

Elections are today and I'm really scared. :/ I'm scared for Kitarie especially. :( Me and my sister are going to stay up all night for the election and we're going to be on the computer looking for the results, well, she could find it easily, of course. XD Still so scared for it! ^O^ Edit: Or as in tomorrow in Japan.....XD

5. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    If anything, I think the symbol of being shoved in our face would be Jurina or Yui. At least I feel Acchan earned her position as the center, she has a natural quality that kind of just draws you to her, being in the center or not, she's been an original member and unless the person in question is blind, should be able to see her growth both as a girl and as an idol since she debuted. She brings a lot to the group.

Your ketchup analogy makes a lot of sense, but ever since Yuko won last year's election she's gotten a lot of pushing too. She doesn't get to be center of the dance or whatever, but in terms of screentime for stuff she probably gets as much as Acchan. This would be like spending money on brand Y even if you don't like that taste or marketing techniques of it either, just that you don't hate it as much as brand X.

Jurina and Yui, on the other hand have been with the group only in the last year or so (Yui only last few months) and they're senbatsu always. Of course, they get their fair amount of hate too but the hate for Acchan seems so much fiercer. There was a period where I also hated Jurina for that, but after thinking about it, I really don't think the girls should have any repercussions because of whatever the management does and should be judged only on their personality, performance skills, singing ability, etc. alone. Management already has control over the girls, don't let them influence how we should think too.

6. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

^Yuko doesn't get as much screentime as Acchan. Acchan starred in a drama, a movie and has another drama coming up. She's the main character of Majisuka and of Sakura kara no Tegami. I get that Yuko gets a TON of screentime, but it's still less than Acchan, it's pretty clear who the management wants to be center.

7. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Yui has been senbatsu ONCE (and that was when there were a huge number of senbatsu) so I don't see how she's been "senbatsu always"

Also, she didn't join a couple months ago. She joined over a year ago.

8. wasshoi_b

wasshoi_b Kenkyuusei

My prediction:

1.Maeda Atsuko
    2.Oshima Yuko
    3.Takahashi Minami
    4.Watanabe Mayu
    5.Kashiwagi Yuki
    6.Shinoda Mariko
    7.Itano Tomomi
    8.Sashihara Rino
    9.Kojima Haruna
    10.Matsui Rena
    11.Miyozawa Sae
    12.Matsui Jurina
    ----Media Senbatsu Line----
    13.Takajo Aki
    14.Kitahara Rie
    15.Kasai Tomomi
    16.Minegishi Minami
    17.Sato Amina
    18.Masuda Yuka
    19.Yokoyama Yui
    20.Kuramochi Asuka
    21.Akimoto Sayaka
    -----Senbatsu Line----
    22.Nakagawa Haruka
    23.Takayanagi Akane
    24.Miyazaki Miho
    25.Yamamoto Sayaka
    26.Ota Aika
    27.Hirajima Natsumi
    28.Sato Sumire
    29.Oya Masana
    30.Ichikawa Miori
    31.Oya Shizuka
    32.Umeda Ayaka
    33.Watanabe Miyuki
    34.Yakami Kumi
    35.Maeda Ami
    36.Komori Mika
    37.Kikuchi Ayaka
    38.Oba Mina
    39.Yamada Nana
    40.Nakamata Shiori

9. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

I should wait until the next day for the results but the suspense would keep me up at night.

Thanks for the Twitter update :)

10. Ueno

Ueno Kenkyuusei

Milly is forever praying that oshmia yuko gets 1st

...and mingishi hasami makes media senbatsu

...and haruna gets kami7
    :awesome:

11. aishii

aishii Kenkyuusei

My top 6 prediction:

1. Maeda Atsuko <3
    2. Oshima Yuko <3
    3. Itano Tomomi <3
    4. Watanabe Mayu <3
    5. Shinoda Mariko <3
    6. Kashiwagi Yuki <3

trust me acchan WILL get #1, especially after her fans heard that yuko was#1
    at the results published earlier. Just wait and see!

12. ET920

ET920 Member

Why is everyone predicing now? You should have done that before, and in another thread [flip]

And if a wota didn't vote for Yuko after watching Acchan's senbatsu video, this pic won't change his mind.

13. muuh

muuh Kenkyuusei

Meh, I just realised I had an appointment from work precisely the time when they start announcing the results [puke] If I'm lucky enough, I will be able to follow the end at least.

I don't know about a schedule, but with so many girls I'd think announcing all their names will take about an hour. Can anybody guess how long the rest will take? I don't really remember how long it took last year.

14. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I'm debating if I want to wake up for this one... I feel like I'm just going to be disappointed regardless, but I know that for the janken tournament, I couldn't sleep at all. Luckily I at least "gained" something for that one.

Reading through the girls' recent blog posts, its interesting to see the difference in feeling between the popular girls and the not-so-popular girls on the election. Mostly sad, but also interesting.

Hopes:

1. Mariko
    2. Yuko
    3. Accchan
    4. Tomochin
    5. Kashiwagi
    6. Takamina
    7. Mayuyu
    8. Kojiharu

15. DSQ

DSQ Kenkyuusei

I agree, it breaks my heart how torn up some of the girl seem to feel about the elections.

It is this thought that keeps me from thinking I feeling to stressed about the whole event because I know how I feel Is nothing compared to the girls.

I really hope that they don't show the ranks after 40. It is better that all the unranked girls think they are number 40 rather than knowing the true ranking.

16. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    Indeed.

17. ame-rin

ame-rin Member

I just read through like half the thread up until now… GAH GAH GAH
    MY HEART IS BEATING SO FAST NAU. [boom]
    Why........ Arrghhh..... My mental health is going rapidly downhill. [boom]

Imma write on my hand tomorrow - "Today is the Senbatsu Election. Please bear with me."
    So I can wave it at people when I'm orz ing on the ground/having a panic attack.

Okay, I'm in such a state right now. How will I even get through the day tomorrow?!

How long will it last???? I really don't want senbatsu to be announced while I'm in maths… my teacher always catches me on the phone ;_;
    *sobs*

Arrrghhhh YOU DON'T EVEN ABLE BELIEVE WHAT I FEEL RIGHT NOW

edit1: shaking so badly rn dnidnrjeiwnwqhkwnrkfptp

Edit 2: is there anyway we can remove the "At least one new post has been made to this topic. You may wish to review your post in light of this." error message? Cos if everyone's gonna be posting, noones post will be able to get through because of it, especially if the forum gets slow and crashy [aup]

18. Alexou1250

Alexou1250 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    otaaika
    9 hours and 13 minutes...so tense

i'm glad i have study leave otherwise i wouldnt be able to follow up with the results ...ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhh

HOPING that rabutan makes senbatsu so badly ahhhhhhh ..im gonna eat a banana now; it calms me down xD

19. frenchymelody

frenchymelody Kenkyuusei

• *hands an oxygen bottle to ame-rin and Alexou*

:lol:
      I'm feeling stressed and excited too, I'm biting my nails more than usual xD I want to go to bed but I know I won't be able to sleep - you know, like, the night before Xmas mornings ? :awesome:
      Even if the ceremony starts at 11 AM tomorrow for me, I'm damn excited xD first sosenkyou for me ;A;

*check if I still have kleenex in my purse for tomorrow at the agency studio*

My colleagues are going to see what is an AKB fangirl :awesome:
      Hope it won't be too long, one of my friends in France will be on Skype to freak out with me, and she has to leave at 1:15 PM xD would suck if she had to leave before the top 10 o__o

20. TakaErepyon

TakaErepyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    GAHH!! I have finals tomorrow !! When I wake up I'll be finding out who got what TT hopefully my takamina and amina get into senbatsu. (well i'm not that worried about takamina getting in lol) [sweat] [sweat]