How do you guys memorise the obscure members?!

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Shakey_Jake33, Nov 23, 2007.

1. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 Kenkyuusei

This has been a problem for me for quite a while now! I obviously know the main 10 or 15 members they constantly push, but how do you remember the obscure members we never see much? Do you use some kind of special technique?!

Just something that's been on my mind for the past few weeks now, along with trying to remember some of their lesser known stage songs >_>

2. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

how about try to find their charm points?

3. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

I'm interested in them. Simple as that :p I never bothered learning any girl that I didn't have some interest in.

4. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

this is EXACTLY what i do to remember team B members. i have interest in them.
    thanks to that, i can remember all faces and names now. maybe still have problems to remember their nicknames.

5. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

i don't think you have to push yourself to memorize all the names in a short period of time. knowing team A and team K took me months, because all i had were videos, some news, some pics, and rare cases when i would find them on tv. team B was quite easy, cause i was easily able to associate the names with the girls themselves.

try decorating your room with akb posters :D. i even downloaded a little widget on my pc that cycles all their pictures. and now that i was FORCED to move to vista, the sidebar gadget does the job fine. it really depends on your level of obsession for these girls. hehe. it's not a sin to just know 10 or 15, you're bound to know them all if you stick with the group long enough anyway :)

6. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

i go by how they look, their faces, and it helps scanning their individual threads when i search for their BLT photos on the Yahoo Auctions. Also watching their AKB48+10 ep has got me to get more acquainted with them individually, recently more on Team B girls. I already familar with the Team A, and K somewhat. Give it time, and pretty soon you'll even know their nicknames, i only know some of their nicknames, but i know more by name, but i am still getting use to the Seeds.

7. Nessy

Nessy Kenkyuusei

The main thing that really helped me is I bought a magazine with all of their names and faces all lined up & kept it near my computer, so every time I saw a girl I didn't know in a video I'd grab the magazine and flip through it, find her name, then look her up on theppn...look at her hobbies, interests, trivia, etc...and usually I'd remember her right off the bat. Or if I saw her again and didn't recognize her, I'd just check her name & all of the stuff I'd learned earlier would come back. I don't think I've had to recheck a girl more than once--just knowing something about what they like is useful.

But yeah, don't push yourself to learn them really fast--I know it took me months. It comes naturally as your interest grows, I think.

8. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

Almost remember all from Team A and Team K. Team B...still don't have any interest, maybe later. So i just remember some of them... :p

9. Chivor

Chivor Kenkyuusei

Same problem, well I just go for theppn ... and btw Nessy your book sounds useful lol

10. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I'm still new to AKB48, so I'm trying to remember all of their names, not just the obsure ones. XD For me, I noticed that a lot of AKB members have the same names as Hello! Project members, and it just made it a lot easier to remember their names since I know all of the H!P member's names. :D

Other than that, I try to remember members by distinctive features. I remembered Minami (Takahashi) the most because of her hairstyle. XD

11. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

she recently changed her hairstyle, but i notice her from singing Bird, and packs a punch of her 148cm kawaiiness...
    next are the nicknames....those will come natually..

Harunyan, Nacchan, Yukarin, Nozofisu, Acchan, Rinatin, Takamina, Tanamin, to name a few. ;)

12. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I think I know all their knicknames by now because of hearing them at the shows.

I still probably don't know 10 or so names. Not bothering to learn, either :D

13. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

but you will remember them soon because you got to see them doing concerts a lot of time... *envious mode* :p

14. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

Team A
    -Takamina
    -Yukarin
    -Hiichan
    -GAO(Hana)
    -Acchan
    -Nozofisu
    -Miichan(your favorite)
    -Rinatin
    -Ohe
    MaiMai

i think that is ten, and most of them i know their nicknames...sorta guessed on a few, there's your ten..lol :lol:

15. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Team B is solely knicknames for me.
    Mikibomu but usually just MI---KI
    Yonechan
    Ayariiiii
    Mayuyu
    Nacchan
    Gussan
    Narupe
    Harugon
    Yukiyuki
    Nakayan
    Yukirin
    Love-tan
    Cindy
    Kataharu
    Tanamin

...that's all i can remember off the top of my head. Those are the Team B knicknames for you.

16. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

^ awww he doesn't remember mika.

G!

17. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    I think the thread title has "members" in it, not "SEEDs"

0wn3d.

18. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

i didn't know most of Team B girls nicknames... :lol:
    thanks for the info.

19. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    ^^^
    the nicknames are always changing. the website has nicknames, but those are a little outdated. Also according to the song a girl could have a special nickname or call/chant, which is only used in that song. I'm trying to think of a good example...but I'm drawing a blank. Sometimes fans attach little sayings to the girl's name before yelling it. For example if there is a break in the lyrics, let's say a 4 second pause before everybody yells "MAYUYU!!!" it would be a silent 1, 2, 3, 4....MAYUYU!!! right? But sometimes people stick in stuff in there like "ICHI-BAN-KAWAIII......MAYUYU!!!!" That's where I started doing the "MI-NE-GI-SHI......MIIIICHHAAAAN!!!" in the song Idol Nante Yobaranaide. Some of them are a little more creative, and are probably created to get a laugh out of the crowd.

This got a little off topic....

20. qilver

qilver Kenkyuusei

always changing? wow, had no idea. :confused: