Oshima Yuko (Yuko) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by kaito, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Micchipyon

Micchipyon Kenkyuusei

Re: Oshima Yuko / Team K

^
    ^

I love that clip, Yuko is so funny xD She was so cute when she started to sing Genie. xD ♥ :cute:

^

Haha :lol: Takamina's reaction is awesome XDD
    Yuko makes me want to hug her when she cries like that. ;__; Poor Yuko. ;w; ♥ But luckily the balloon didn't explode. xD

2. Kokuhaku

Kokuhaku Kenkyuusei

I may be mean but wouldn't it be interesting to see her reaction if it did explode :lol:
    I don't known why she's scared of balloons, I remember watching a vid where she and another member were playing some kinds if weird game with the balloon and in 1 Nemousu episode, she tried to do a magic trick with a balloon [think]

3. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

You're welcome, people. :)

So yeah...UPDATE!!! ^_^

From Blog48:

1.) [Oshima Yuko] End-Of-Work Notice~

And that's that!

As usual, you guys are welcome to post your questions, comments, and concerns. Also if you're up to it, you guys can try posting comments directly onto Yuko's blog. (I know I do. :))

Until next time...G'NIGHT!!! ^_^ (Yay, Yuko! :approve:)

P.S. - You know...this talk about Yuko and her fear of balloons sounds so familiar to me...:-/

Okay here's my take on it. Yes, I've seen Yuko play around with balloons in the past. But that was footage dated back to 2009. My first time ever seeing Yuko afraid of balloons was during an episode of AKB to XX back in 2010. A LOT can happen in a year, and that can include reasons to induce a fear of balloons (which by the way is called "globophobia".) Maybe she's been traumatized by balloons, maybe she's been conditioned through hypnotism to be afraid of balloons, or maybe she's just faking it.

Whatever the case is, I'm inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt. Usually I'm skeptical of things to a certain degree, but let's say she's faking it, but I take her fear seriously. Then my kindness has been put to waste, and I'll feel like I've been taken advantage of. BUT I played things relatively safely. AND I'll be all the more wise if and when I find out it's fake. But let's imagine for a bit that she's really afraid of balloons, but I think it's fake. I could be a dick and pop a balloon her face for shits and giggles. But because she's really afraid of balloons, then 1.) she's gonna be epicly pissed off at me, and 2.) she's gonna be epicly pissed off at me, which would in turn lead to 3.) me being epicly pissed off at myself. So yeah...I'll play the compassionate card here and give her the benefit of the doubt.

However, part of me is inclined to think that something happened to her in the past with balloons. For one thing, that sort of fear and dread can be very difficult to fake. Yes, she's an actress, but at the same time, she's still human, and humans can both feel and express shit like that. And also, I remember seeing a clip of Yuko trying to force herself to cry as part of a game against other 48 members on a music show, and Yuko said she played around with her ear because that forces her to cry. Yuko may have sensitive ears or whatever, and a balloon popping in close proximity could've really hurt.

Of course, I could be making an epic stretch and trying to connect two completely unrelated things, but like I said...I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.

4. Kokuhaku

Kokuhaku Kenkyuusei

Thanks for the translation. Wonder if you give her any movie suggestion [blush]
    I think we may have mentioned it before but I forgot about it :^^;:

5. YO_OY

YO_OY Member

@gideon123: Thanks again for the translations. I think the dorama that Kojiharu is going to star in is a remake of a Korean drama called "You're Beautiful". Do you know why Yuko fears balloons?

EDIT: Good explanation :). It sounds like it could go either way, depending on how we see it. Either she is faking it just for our entertainment or it's really a fear that she has in real life. I can't help but be entertained by it, in a mean way [hehe].

6. kibi

kibi Kenkyuusei

I'm quite surprised she was afraid of balloons... when I watch this video, if I was there I would hug her :cute:

@Kokuhaku : About Kpop fans , apparently they like fighting which is their habit . For them , idol is no 1 so they often disparage J-biz [think]

7. Takahashi

Takahashi Kenkyuusei

:XD: Yuuko's fear of balloon is just makes me more like her, whether it's for real or faking, though I think it's for real.

Read it somewhere that she's become traumatized when the balloon she exploded, exploded right on the face of Kobayashi Yuuna (it's Kana), that magic trick using balloon kokuhaku mentioned I think. And the reason she dislikes balloon was, it's really simple really, because it explodes [hehe]

on that AKBingo, her reaction when the balloon really explodes was really really :inlove: . She went to the direction of those "loser" chair :^^;: and said "Please let me take a break for awhile" :XD: :XD:
    as Yuuko fans who wouldn't think to hug her right away that time? :awesome:

8. YO_OY

YO_OY Member

@kibi
    I mean, what are they really fighting for? It makes it sound they're on a mission to claim that K-pop is the best in the world and their idols are better than anything else out there. I'm sorry, but K-pop is not as good as it used to be. As I mentioned in my previous post, I prefer the K-pop stuff of 1999-2001 over today because each group were doing their own thing like H.O.T, Sechs Kies, Drunken Tiger, S.E.S, Baby V.O.X, Fin.K.L and there were a lot of good solo singers at the time like Lee Seung Hwan, Park Ji Yoon, Uhm Jung Hwa, Jo Sung Mo, Yoo Seung Jun and Lee Jung Hyun.

I know I would hug her just for every time she would cry when a balloon explodes in front of her :). I kind of think that her fear is real because I can't see how you could fake it every time it happens even though she's an actress.

9. Takahashi

Takahashi Kenkyuusei

I rewatched that nemousu episode, Yuuko looks really okay with the balloons near to her. :^^;:
    about 5:20- watch it yourself :XD:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q6Q05q2aS4

maybe after this she started to scared of balloons

10. tomcha317

tomcha317 Kenkyuusei

11. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I don't know, I used to fly in planes regularly all my life, and then suddenly, some 4 years ago, I can't even get on one because I get completely panicked. There was nothing special plane related that happened to me to change this fact, it just happened like that.

Phobias work this way: They are an irrational fear, and as such, they usually involve things that are harmless but can cause a panic for the person who has the phobia, and they aren't always related with previous traumatic events. There are a lot of psychoanalytic theories about phobias (like they are actually a representation of an internal conflict that the person can't deal with in a conscious level so they represent it in a harmless object/situation becoming afraid of that instead) but I won't bore you with all of that :D

The main point I want to make is that even if she wasn't afraid of balloons and nothing traumatic balloon-related ever happened to her, she could still have developed the phobia.

12. kibi

kibi Kenkyuusei

@YO_OY : for them, they only care about their idol and idol is everything to them. Im Sone ( my favorite music group is SNSD) previously i only care about S9

K-pop is the best in the world and their idols are better than anything else out there : i agree with u , most of them have to think like that

what are they really fighting for ? I don't know how to say , may be called disparaging ,doesn't say anywhere else .In my country , fans Kpop they do not seem interested about Jpop and they said the words very annoying [speechless] . When reading these words ... it makes me feel very sad :(

13. gideon123

You're welcome, people. :)

So yeah...UPDATES!!! ^_^

From Blog48:

1.) [Oshima Yuko] Koro-chan, Yuko-chan

2.) [Oshima Yuko] Cha~~nge!

3.) [Oshima Yuko] ※ Sorry For The Spoiler

4.) [Oshima Yuko] At Big Si~te !~

And that's that!

As usual, you guys are welcome to post your questions, comments, and concerns. Also if you're up to it, you guys can try posting comments directly onto Yuko's blog. (I know I do. )

Until next time...G'NIGHT!!! ^_^ (Yay, Yuko! )

P.S. -

I think I'll go with the doctor's opinion here. :)

14. Japracool

Japracool Kenkyuusei

Will there be an English version for it? I mean for the game :cute:

15. YO_OY

YO_OY Member

@gideon123: Thanks for the translations. I guess I'm one of those whose :( that she cut off her hair shorter, but I still think she looks :cute:. Good thing that I can still see her long hair in the Not Yet videos :). About the Koro-chan, Yuko-chan blog entry, I had no idea who that guy was because it freaked my out the first time I saw those images :yikes:.

@Japracool: If they ever had the game in English, I would consider buying it right away :lol:. I gotta have Yuko as my one and only in that game :inlove:. To top if off, she gets involved with Harleys and Hummers [rock].

I felt like adding these clips today of Yuko playing around with various members:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qt67AGT87I[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JUhffb5zVw[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM-HRAOcQRU[/yt]

16. Micchipyon

Micchipyon Kenkyuusei

I haven't been for one day here, so much updates already >__< But yeah... I LOVE YUKO'S NEW HAIR <3 <3 It's so pretty, I really, really love it <3 ^^
    And lol, those guys look.. hilarious. XD

17. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy

Ahh bummer Yuko cut her hair. Was one of her charm points for me i always thought she had the most beautiful hair.

18. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

Yuuko's hair cut is so cute! OMG! I love it~ :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

It's the same length as Shii-chan's~ :^O^:

Kay

19. gideon123

You're welcome. :)

So yeah...UPDATE!!! ^_^

From Blog48:

1.) [Oshima Yuko] Special~!!

And that's that!

As usual, you guys are welcome to post your questions, comments, and concerns. Also if you're up to it, you guys can try posting comments directly onto Yuko's blog. (I know I do. :))

Until next time...G'NIGHT!!! ^_^ (Yay, Yuko! :approve:)

P.S. - Thanks for the Yuko media. :D

20. YO_OY

YO_OY Member

You're welcome :) and thank you for the translations. Another awesome set of personal fashion clothes collection and if I had to pick something other than Yuko's clothes, it would be Mayuyu's because I think it fits her personality. Also, I think Yuko's clothes does looks like something that came from Everyday, Kachuusha but I still find it :cute:.

@Voightkampff: I felt the same way as you when she cut her hair :(. I really liked it when she had the long hair because it really made her look beautiful, but at least she didn't go the Sae or Mariko route with really short hair ;). No offense to Sae or Mariko, but I'm not too fond of the short haircut.