1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single [SINGLE] Itano Tomomi 2nd single [Fui ni] (2011/07/13)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by aakun, Feb 11, 2011.

1. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    No downloads, only physical sales.

Dear J was great success indeed. It was 1st AKB48 solo release and there wasn't many competing AKB48 releases stealing sales. I'm still hopeful that Fui Ni will reach 100k+ mark, if not this week then by the end of July for sure.

2. 09lojh1

09lojh1 Kenkyuusei

alright, how bout a new theory to explain the cd sales? Perhaps since she's got a huge proportion of female fans compared to other members.... tryin not to be sexist, but perhaps jap female fans arn't gona go all the way to buy all the versions every time, hence a decrease in sales? or am i jus trying too hard to be optimistic? XD

3. sillythings

sillythings Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sillythings48
    ^theory? and female fans have no problems buying multiple copies. I think expectations are high cause they are members of AKB~

it is not unusual for sales to drop from a debut single. i'm actually a bit glad that Tomochin and Not yet is following that trend. there is always a lot more hype surrounding a debut, especially from ppl with a certain amount of popularity. the fact she can sell 50k in one day already is a feat~ there are so many singers out there that can barely pass 10k in a week.

congrats Tomochin on getting no.1 [party]

4. srking

srking Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

HAHA the type-B special is so cute! Was it for foreign fans? And who the hell is this "interviewer"? I can do a better job than that :D :D

50k first-day is very high...considering it is not a dance single, not a debut single and not tied in with some special campaign.

I think she can do better with the singing as I have heard better from her. Also prefer more dance and movements...but this single is decent and I'm sure she'll get no. 1 this week!

5. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I love Tomochin, but that interview was painful to watch. I'm not sure if they were trying to show a mature and intelligent side to Tomochin or what. Tomochin wasn't too bad, but that interviewer was horrible. And it felt too staged and practiced. I realize that the primary audience is not English speaking, but that's really not an excuse. It's like a Chinese restaurant selling bad Chinese food to Caucasians because the restaurant owners think they don't know better. I did not find that to be a good promotion, although I think Tomochin did her best.

Please note that I am not implying that Causasians don't know good Chinese food when they taste it. :)

6. Lily Mu RB

Lily Mu RB Kenkyuusei

Okay srsly, wtf is up with the "DO YOU HAVE SOMEONE SPECIAL IN MIND?" question.

Doesn't she know what BEING AN IDOL IS? (the interviewer, that is)

7. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Still accepting #1. [party]

However, I'm kind of concerned if she can stay consistent or even improve...

8. Genie

Genie Kenkyuusei

I still love tomochin, no matter how much she sells.
    But that interview was really hard to watch lol.

9. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    It isn't for foreigners, they've used english to try and make it look sophisticated, like when they used a crap engrish voiceover for the fashion show clips a few AKB singles back. The illusion of western = cool and new and high class. Made me want to throw up in my mouth though [puke]

The woman is an american talent in Japan, I've seen her in some english teacher youtube series before.

10. Lariemeeva

Lariemeeva Kenkyuusei

Tomochin is the first AKB girl whom I feel like hugging when she speaks English.
    SO ADORBS!!

The "interview" puts on too much facial drama that it pisses me off.

11. Jman.HKojima.fan

Jman.HKojima.fan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    I didn't Think this single would sell anywhere as near as 'Dear J', I'm a little surprise of the low sales to date. Actually it's not bad I expected abit more.

12. GATX105

GATX105 Member

the interviewer is retarded.

tomochin did well. :)

13. makiko

makiko Kenkyuusei

2nd day sales 15,589

Total 66,463

14. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
          DearJ   Fui ni
    ――――――――――――――
         月---,--- ---,---
         火*86,681 *50,874
         水*26,404 *15,589
         木*12,085 ---,---
         金*10,493 ---,---
         土*11,769 ---,---
         日*11,488---,---
    ――――――――――――――
    デイリ-計 158,920 ---,---
    週間枚数 162,871 ---,---

15. MoeKare

MoeKare Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    moekare_100
    eh, too low if we compare to Dear J...
    I think Fui Ni sounds better than Dear J, more awesome to me.. but why ? [think]

16. areyoume

areyoume Kenkyuusei

didn't one of Dear J selling point was handshake or whatever event with the other HoriPro girls? does she have that kind of event for Fui Ni? [wonder]

17. oddball

oddball Member

This whole video was kinda scary! sure Tomo's engrish was quite cute but there was something about thta other lady which just didn't seem quite right.....

18. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Wow, THANK YOU!!! It's been a long time since Tomochin looked that lovely, fresh and young to me. That's the Tomochin I fell in love with, her smile, her sparkling eyes, her shyness, her enthusiasm... Yes, I think the interviewer overacted a little, but that made Tomochin feel more comfortable. You can tell it was a bit difficult for her to speak in English, but I'm amazed she answered all those questions without help and I understood most of it (although I'm not sure whether that's good or not... [notme] )

19. JAKKfromAKB48

JAKKfromAKB48 Kenkyuusei

How is this single still #1 with 15,000 copies :blink:

[party] [party] GO TOMOCHIN [party] [party]

20. ginaRAWR

ginaRAWR Kenkyuusei

That's true, and it probably helped a lot. I dunno if she has this event but it'd probably explain why the sales aren't as high.
    Another reason could be that a lot of people loved Dear J. I prefer Fui ni personally but a lot of people might prefer Dear J to it?