1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The forum maintenance thread (twitter- @stage48)

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I figured a way to mass-delete accounts (the server didn't like the regular "prune user" way but I was able to use that to deactivate accounts and then can delete them from there) so I'm purging all the zero-post spambots. I'm not deleting recently created accounts so new lurkers are safe, but if you're a long time lurker... well, join in the community if you don't want to be trimmed!

2. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    I'm going to bring the forums down for a software update some time on Sunday Japan time, it'll probably be Saturday night/Sunday morning for other users. It shouldn't take toooooo long. I'll back the theme up beforehand this time... :fp: [hehe]

3. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I've been suffering amazingly fast logoffs of lately (perhaps a couple of minutes and I have to logon again), is it just me? :(

4. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Forum going down in about 10 minutes for a minor software upgrade, shouldn't take long.

5. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    test...

ok, we're good to go. Please report any freaky broken things here.

Edit... yeah, the theme got broken again, didn't update until I refreshed... let me upload the proper one...

edit again: yeah, it's being a useless piece of crap and not working with the current theme, so I've switched back to the previous one while I fix it...

6. tritoch

tritoch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tsuzukirika
    The gray one fit better with the checkered background but I guess baby blue isn't that bad. [clap] [hehe]

7. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    The update process is always a comedy of errors... why does it even need to play with the layout files?! Why?! :fp: uploading the backup I made...

8. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Oh for the love of... the backup of the style I made (to avoid this exact situation) doesn't work... it still shows up as broken... how does that even happen?! Argh. ARGH. I HATE YOU PHPBB SO MUCH.

Alright, we'll be stuck on this style for a little while until I can get Kyobu to do whatever it was he did last time to make the layout work again. :fp:

9. Kyobu

Kyobu Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    takahashijuri
    I'm on it! Give me a day or two, I'm one busy mess right now.

10. ce1cius

ce1cius Kenkyuusei

Ahhh, I was wondering why my posts looked odd again with the way it was handling the attachments. Hopefully things get sorted out.

11. karles48

12. karles48

I got a lot of '500 internal errors' today...is it only me? [think]

13. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

I have been getting them a lot the last couple of days too. Thought it might be my side, but I guess not.

14. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    nope I've seen this a couple of times over the last few days
    oops! There was one of those nasty ol' 500 internal errors. Try reloading the site, it should be fine.
    (And if you were making a post, please don't hit "back" to try again- that'll just cause a double post!)

15. karles48

That's MrWaffle's message. I got it more than half a dozen times only today (and every time it took me a lot of time to log in again... :( )

16. Mr Waffle

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Last couple of days? Hrm...

17. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    A few things have been off recently.
    I generally use the "View unread posts" option, but there's been instances in the last few days where threads would appear again and again (or simply not disappear) even though I'd most definitely already checked that newest posts.

Up till now I never really had to log in every time I visited the page since I've got the "keep me logged in" box checked. During the last two three days though I found myself logged out quite often.

The above doesn't bother me really and it's not like that all the time either. Just seems to me like there's something's wrong with the system. Those 500 internal errors are occurring every now and then as well.

18. karles48

I had problems today, too. It took me more than half an hour and a lot of attempts to log in...

19. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Strange. If you check Page 7 of my thread for Request Hour, there's a post by me at the bottom. It appears on top of Page 8 as well. It's the same post though ("p521963"). I thought it was a duplicate so I reported it, but actually just leave it there.

I've had another problem in that thread yesterday. While regularly updating the post with the songs performed at the event, I'd always get taken back to the previous page. So I'd edit a post on page 12, submit it, get the "This message has been edited successfully. View your submitted message" thing, but even though it would properly edit the post I'd get redirected to page 11 for some reason.

No idea if it's something to do with the forum or if my browser's simply acting weird.

20. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I think it has something to do with the forum.

I remember one time someone had a post that appeared on both the end of one page and the start of the next. I deleted the second post, but then the first one got deleted as well. I had to explain to the person via PM what happened, and then asked 'em to resubmit what they posted.