The STAGE48 post dump

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kyobu, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Re: THE STAGE48 post dump!

Troy Davis will soon be assassinated by the authorities of the state of Georgia in the United States.
    Shame on the inhabitants of this barbaric country who let their State assassinates its own citizens.

2. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

^
    That's just one of the many things that government does. But hey, what can anyone do about it? [worried]
    (my previous post on this thread shows evidence that the Tōhoku earthquake was man made using a Weapon of that county's military... not to mention other scarry facts about 9/11. But hey, what do we commoners know about the workings of these greater forces in play...) :fear:

3. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

That's the drawback of living in a democracy, people are responsible for what their representants are doing. Anyone can choose the right representants and help their country be a little bit more civilized.
    With Davis, they added torture to murder: they decided to delay the killing minutes before the decided hour to finally proceed more than 4 hours later ....
    Disgusting.

4. MistyDelusions

MistyDelusions Kenkyuusei

Stress is creeping up on me again. Sigh.

5. miruss87

miruss87 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Rabutan 4eva ~

^ what's happening?

talking about stress, yeah me myself is also stress now,
    lot of my course mates have a permanent job after finished their study,
    and I until now still working as a trainee for a company,
    it's hard to find a job nowadays..

6. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

For you stressed out people!

One of my friends forwarded me this spam... at first i was like, "grrr, forwards." But then after I read it... :)

7. miruss87

miruss87 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Rabutan 4eva ~

^ thanks for the tips :)
    that's what I trying to do right now..

8. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 Kenkyuusei

I don't know, that's not really fair on the larger public. People only have the power to vote within a finite pool of candidates, and with the faith that these people will act on their promises. If there's anything that people can be blamed for, it's the fact that no-one stands up and makes their feelings heard when the authorities so something clearly against the wishes of most people. People can't rely on the authorities nto do the right thing, people need to be more assertive about this.

Myself, I live in a country where the death penalty was abolished half a century ago, so the whole practice seems a tad medieval.

9. caramujo

caramujo Kenkyuusei

Does anyone here care about NFL?

Cowboys with assassin snaps and only field goals (six - 6), and still wins :fp:

GO COWBOYS :awesome:

10. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27

Speaking of sports, does anyone follow the footy here? (AFL)

Grand final comin' up. I don't particularly follow it vigorously (unlike most Victorians here) but I want Geelong to win, as would most of Australia I'd believe :p

11. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan

^
    I used to follow it when I lived in Australia, but not anymore.
    I still keep my Crows jersey, but seems like they are doing worse and worse these years :^^;:

Anyway, I think Geelong will win (based on no reasons :lol: )

12. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 Kenkyuusei

Football (as in, 'Soccer') is the main sport here of course, mainly the Champions League and the Premier League. But it's the Rugby World Cup right now, so obviously everyone is talking about rugby right now!

USA played their last World Cup game today, losing to Italy. England Vs. Scotland on Saturday, should be epic :)

13. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Here in Spain, soccer is the king of sports so few people follow the rugby / american football (and Spain is quite bad at them, so I don't think that will change)...

14. Shakey_Jake33

Shakey_Jake33 Kenkyuusei

Football (soccer) is the king here too, by a significant margin. It's almost a religion. The next most popular sport is Cricket.

Rugby is the third most popular sport in the UK. American Football (which is not the same as rugby) is non-existant because rugby is a similar sport but significantly faster paced.

15. karles48

The Spanish candidate for the 'Best Foreign Language Film' Oscar this year is 'Pà negre', a movie filmed in catalan (my mother language) [party]

16. jinbaoyin48

jinbaoyin48 Kenkyuusei

catalan is consider a language by itself or is it one kind of dialect within spanish...talking about catalan...you just have to mention the awesome Barcelona...back to back 5-0 victory...football is the most popular sport in Spain but few years back...a certain Fernando Alonso was the supreme leader of racing...probably the icon of Spain as well...

17. karles48

No, catalan isn't a dialect within Spanish. They share a common root (the Latin language), but they aren't father and soon, they are just brothers (like French, Italian...). And Barcelona is the capital of Catalonia. Yes, Fernando Alonso is an icon of Spain (like Ballesteros, Lorenzo, Rafa Nadal...) but I think that soccer has always been the main sports icon here...

18. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai

Curious if anyone is going to the Dreams Come True show in LA tomorrow?

Long drive to LA in the AM.

19. karles48

If the lockout of the NBA doesn't end soon it seems that many of its stars would play this year in Europe...that would be indeed great, but just madness! [shock]

20. jinbaoyin48

jinbaoyin48 Kenkyuusei

seems like the lockout isn't going to end any time soon...meaning shorter regular season?...and Kobe is going to Italy to play 10 games for HUGE paycheck!!!...might as well stay there all year long as we might not be getting any NBA at all this year...