1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[NEWS] SDN48 Disband April 2012

Discussion in 'SDN48 News & Discussion' started by JedixKnight, Oct 15, 2011.

1. 09lojh1

09lojh1 Kenkyuusei

aw man.... i liked their upbeat tempo songs.... i srsly hope AKB/ other 48 groups will use their songs in future.... giving up on ai chuseyo and yuuwaku no garter is such a waste :(

2. ET920

ET920 Member

More time for what? He wasn't putting that much energy in that group anyways, three singles in two years, only one stage.

They disappointed in sales, that is far enough in today's competitive world.

Yeah, disbanding a group whose previous single sold almost half a million units and keeping one whose latest single didn't even reach a fifth of that, really smart decision. Also, maybe you didn't realize, but NMB48 also shares the same "style/concept", while SDN didn't, maybe that is why AKB48, SKE48 and NMB48 are successful while SDN48 was a failure.

With their first single they had mentioned their goal was to break into the Korean industry. All three singles were aimed at that, and all three failed, so it seems like the logical consequence. This would mean there won't be anymore hidden graduations as SDN moving, for example, Mariko and Sayaka would graduate instead of being moved to SDN48.

3. blownawayy

blownawayy Kenkyuusei

^
    as much as all these make sense, i am just too D= by it... and i thought they only recruited new members this year. it seems final, but i am still hoping for some other plans for them. :( :cry:

4. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

sigh.

isn't the fact that their singles were aimed at the korean market the reason why they didn't sell good in the first place? but then i have already given up on blaming the management a long long time ago.

the girls not doing their best or not selling enough is just bs. whoever is really responsible for this should just die. take responsibility for f***s sake. [flip]

only 15 tickets to sdn shows for me... i never thought this would be the final count. ugh.

5. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Yeah, because he's really giving his all to HKT48, Team M and B for NMB, Team E for SKE...etc. :hmm:

Most of those girls in SDN48 have talent, a different kind of talent that is different then they OMG-GENKIHAPPY! that is shown through most of the 48's families. They only had 3 releases and they weren't heavily promoted compared to AKB48 or even SKE48. And yeah, they only had one stage. That's why this whole thing is frustrating, they never had a -chance-. (They do sell out their shows though, so it's not like they aren't popular. [nod])

6. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

They still outsold every non48 idol group with every one of their singles. Akimoto being a smart guy must've known that they wouldn't sell millions considering the japanese fondness for youth and cuteness.

Must be that he just didn't care to keep them around any longer with World48 coming up already.

7. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

There are a few things I have learned since becoming a family of the 48 groups fan...

Akimoto is pretty freaking brilliant.

Some segment of the fans always freak out at any decision he makes.

When the fullness of the decisions are finally revealed, most end up feeling they weren't so bad.

The decision, no matter how crazy seeming, ultimately succeeds financially.

There may have been some minor missteps along the way, but every major endeavor has seemed to work.

From my perspective SDN primarily seemed to exist to get the maximum use out of the theater and expand the fan base in a minor way. This seems more about the coming theater reorganization, especially with the timing. Not one to waste a potential revenue source- there is a next step to follow that might not make everyone happy, but will make Akimoto even more money.

Eh, but what do I know. I can barely read a little Japanese. My sympathies to those worrying about the members you support. Just try and be calm while we all wait for the other shoe to drop.

8. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I just heard it. Ok, SDN48 is not one of my favorite groups and I don't think I would ever attend one of their performances...but it's sad just the same, because there are some members I like there and because many AKB48 fans love SDN48 too. Besides, there is another bad side effect. When members graduate we have the solace that they will likely join SDN48 but, if that group disappears, when Acchan, Mariko, Takamina and the rest graduate...what? Yes, some of them will begin a solo career or will still be filming commercials or acting in movies, but what about the other members? :cry:

9. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    ... I knew it. I just knew the JPN48 groups would be the first to start disappearing. Just... didn't expect it to happen so soon. Their sales aren't even bad, they just really got started and why add a 3rd Gen if disbandment was around the corner. WTF is really going on? I... just don't know what to make of this. :fp:

10. PoIyrhythm

PoIyrhythm Kenkyuusei

Wait whaddafuck?

Then why the heck did they add 3rd gen? They've done like NOTHING so far. Didn't even get a chance. :wtf:

11. ET920

ET920 Member

The overall idea was ok, they already control the Japanese market, being able to break into the Korean one would have been profitable. But the Korean market didn't actually accepted their style, for whatever reason. The sales for their three singles were in the 70k mark, which I guess isn't that bad but apparently isn't that good either.

Hehehe, the girls are probably doing their best, but they cannot control how much they can sell. Let's remember Akimoto disbanded Onyanko Club two years after formation too.

Put things in perspective, please. SKE48 is getting their 7th single in 3 years, and NMB48 their second in a year (contrary to SDN48's 3 singles in 2 years). SKE48 got 7 stages (3 original) in 3 years, NMB48 got two stages (none original so far) in a year. SKE already got a Best List Top 30 and is getting a Best List Top 50. You are being unfair towards Team M and B of NMB (you want them when the whole NMB48 group is less than a year old?).

I am not sure about how everyone feels, but when I think about the definition of "idol", it doesn't come a 25-year old girl, instead someone 10 years younger. The main difference between 48 groups and the Korean ones is that in Korea they present you the finished product, girls who have trained for 5-10 years and are ready for performing. Japan in general (and 48 groups in particular) show them from very early in their professional life, so that you can see them grow, get attached to a particular girl, and make them feel like your little sister. You have chosen an oshi years ago, have seen her change, become better, have seen her cry and laugh, etc.

SDN is different, though, the feeling isn't that of little sister but one of elder sister. If you check this thread, only one mentioned a "native" SDN48 member, Sayanee. Most others are pitying Meetan, Nonti, CinDy, Yukarin, Hana... girls to which they were probably attached back when they were AKB48 members (and in the middle of that cycle of seeing them start performing, become better, cry and laugh, etc, which I was mentioning before).

Some of the girls had talent, some didn't, that happens everywhere. And opportunity to show their worth had been, they had performed in the theater almost 300 times, they have had 3 singles, they have their own TV minishow... it is just that Akimoto decided it wasn't worth continuing keeping around.

Well, selling 250 seats in a week wouldn't be _that_ hard, would it?

I doubt that can be possible, considering a good number of AKB48 girls cannot be in the theater at the time SDN shows were held, unless he would be creating a special unit formed by old "almost graduated" to have their own show then. But, contrary to SDN members, these girls have a tighter schedule, so it might not be a good bet as it might sound.

SDN existed because Akimoto didn't want to get rid of girls that were still profitable, while at the same time trying to appeal to a more mature market. Unfortunately, the market didn't grow as much as he probably expected.

12. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

what the freaking hell is aki-p doing, i still do not understand why he wanted to disband sdn48. he should explained this issue to the fans

13. ET920

ET920 Member

This is a fallacy. There had been 29 member graduations, out of which only 7 went to SDN. It is not as if every graduated girl went to SDN48. There were also 23 kenkyuusei graduations, from which 2 went to SKE Team S, and 27 kenkyuusei leaving for other reasons.

Akimoto can't just wait until all those girls graduate and go to SDN to make it worth a second though. There is life in AKB48 after Acchan graduates, you know. If AKB48 continues to be the powerhouse it is nowadays when that happens, that is.

14. tokyolucifer

tokyolucifer Kenkyuusei

31st March? 1 day before April Fool?... [think]

15. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    @@
    This is a big news!!!
    And this is a BAD news!!!! :angry:

16. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I agree that popular graduates would never join SDN, but still, for some of us who were fans of the 1st and 2nd gen members having them reconsider joining idol world was a nice thing to have while it lasted.

I disagree that everything Akimoto decides is great too, BTW, but that's not a discussion for this thread xD

17. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    Many people left AKB -before- SDN was even formed, try again. With the exception of Maimai, many of them who left AKB did so because they wanted to do other things. They weren't really front girls. The ones who did leave and went to SDN were big names, so SDN breaking up is a big thing. Especially since Hana just rejoined!

I always viewed SDN as the next step for 'older' AKB48 girls. I'd rather have them performing their same stage forever than have those girls go on to do nothing.

18. ET920

ET920 Member

You know, if Akimoto had wanted to keep some of the girls, he would have created before. Just as CinDy, Nacchan and Shiho were sent to Team B, Meetan, Yukarin, Nonti and CinDy were sent to SDN to help their start. Maybe if he had dared and sent Mariko too it would have been a different story.

Had Meetan been a big name, she would have sold more than 10k singles, you know. She was a below average member that got her 15 minutes, but to think in her departure to being similar to Maimai...

Also, it is pretty selfish, preferring that the girl gets stuck doing the same thing for years, selling an average amount of singles every release and not being able to hold their own concerts, always having to participate as special guests for other sister groups, instead of letting them take their own paths in the industry, if they have one. Not everyone is cut to be famous, there will surely be some that will disappear, others that might stay afloat a while.

Even in AKB48 nowadays there is a number of girls that would go back to being country girls if the group disbanded because they aren't just prepared for an artist life. They nowadays manage because in 70-odd girls they are they can blend, but on their own, they wouldn't last a month.

19. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

You understand the meaning of likely, right? 7/29 means 'likely' (at least for me). And I agree with Kinenbi, some members left before SDN48 was created

I know, my friend, I know (I guess it's the first time someone suggests Acchan is one of my favorite members)

20. Criss

Criss Member

Whatever reason behind this, this means the firts "big" Akimoto failure in its 48 groups history. Lets see if this concept can return later.

Whos next?... ... ... An international 48 group? :XD: :XD: :XD: