Seeing AKB48 Shows (TOC at first post)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Youkokurama, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    If you're there on a student visa rather than a tourist visa you can't use super enpou, that's for tourists only. If you're in the greater Tokyo area you can't use enpou either, d'oh.

2. NeverHome

NeverHome Kenkyuusei

Hi everyone, I'm new here and have some questions about the super long distance tickets!

I've finally decided to go to Japan next year at the end of June. I'm wondering when can I apply for the tickets, is it a month before the show or within a month? And what are the chances to get these tickets? Should I also apply for the other forms of tickets?

Hope you guys can help me :)

3. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

Hi, welcome to the forums :)

from what I understand, you apply up to maximum of 1 month before, but any time within the month, up until the Super Enpou announcement date, which I think is 5 days before the show (same day as regular enpou). E.g you arrive in japan on 15th June you can apply any time after the 15th of May.

You also need to have access to your email while in Japan as they will email you if you are successful.

From reading around, competition for any type of AKB48 ticket at the moment is very high. So signing up for the ticket centre would probably be a good idea as if you don't win super enpou for a specific day then you can apply for the ippan tickets. You could also apply for regular enpou for performances via the ticket centre.

I am going to Japan next month, so will be putting in my super enpou entry soon and am also signed up to ticket centre :)

Hope this helps :)

4. mixedmedia

mixedmedia Kenkyuusei

I figured that. Will read up on the details before I apply for a ticket. I doubt I qualify for enpou as well since I'm not that far from the 23 wards. Went by the theater today though (Team 4 & SDN shows were going on).

5. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

Sent off my Super Enpou for next month today. Put Team A, B and 4 down on my mail. While Miichan is my Oshi, I'm not a huge fan of Team K's Stage. Hoping to see Miichan at the Team Ogi Matsuri concert anyway :) My friend in Japan is going to get me tickets :)

Am I correct in thinking that the Super Enpou mails go out the same time as regular Enpou? *fingers crossed* :)

6. Tensai

Tensai Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    ^ all signs point to yes. I got my invite the same day the Enpou went out for the show.

Don't know if they know the actual schedule that much further in advance.

7. mihipyon

mihipyon Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    mihi427
    just...don't have your hope high for winning a super enpou nowadays :^^;:

my last trip (sept), i didn't get super enpou for theater (got the jyanken taikai instead)...
    i "only" got a winning ticket from mobile FC cancel machi for shiataa no megami show (got very front row center seat, because my row number got called first :XD:) and Enpou for SDN48 show.

really2 thankful enough btw :D
    because, i've got a bunch of 48 exp in there :)
    acchan flower event, jyanken taikai, theater show 2x and daiakushukai (19tix) in 9 days :)

better than my last year trip ("only" got 2 days ticket for yoyogi concert + 1 SDN48 show)

8. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    Thanks very much for this guide - I had my first AKB48 experience today.

I failed Super Enpou but tried to apply for enpou and standard seats when I remembered and for when I was in Tokyo. On my final day in Japan I won a Team 4 ticket. Would have preferred one of the more established teams but was glad that I won one anyway. Of course, whilst in Japan, I mucked up and put my name in the application box as well - so they thought I wanted 2 tickets, whoops. They realised I only wanted one when both names were the same, so someone from the waiting list got the second.

Team 4 were really really young. But put on a great show. I really enjoyed the few songs I recognised from their 1st best album. They also surprised me by finishing the show with a performance of the just recently released single, Kaze wa Fuiteiru, which was a really welcome surprise. I also wondered why they took so long letting us out, then was surprised as the whole Team were lined up at the exit to high five everyone on the way out.

9. mixedmedia

mixedmedia Kenkyuusei

Didn't get a ticket for tomorrow's "Theater no Megami" show so I'll keep trying. Figure I should try to see Team B's first since I picked Yuka as my oshimen when I registered. Will possibly try for Friday's Team B show as well.

Seems to be a lot of Team 4 shows so maybe I'll go see them on a Saturday or Sunday since they do 2-3 shows on those days.

Wondering if it's worth signing up for the fan club...

Probably can't try for super enpou when I come back to Japan when I leave either...

10. crusher

crusher Kenkyuusei

Hi guys,

For super enpou, do I have to send an email one month earlier or within one month period? I'll be in Tokyo from 10-12 December. Should I send an email after 10 November?

11. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    ^ anytime within the month.

12. crusher

crusher Kenkyuusei

Thank you, tenkun. :)

13. HeatherRose

HeatherRose Kenkyuusei

Hi! (my first post!)
    Just wanted to add another thank you for putting all the effort into writing this guide, it made the whole super enpou process easy and I didn't get lost finding the theatre either!
    I applied on the 1st Oct for the 1st to the 11th November (put down Teams A, K and B) and I got Team K on the 1st - I'm not sure about this high competition for super enpou seats as I was the only super enpou person there?!
    Performance was brilliant! It was so great to see them in person! They did Kaze wa Fuiteiru afterwards as well, to celebrate selling 1 million copies I think.
    The only thing I didn't really know about was the "high touch" afterwards, if I'd know I would have (tried, at least) to have hung back a bit because the girls all tried to say hello in English and I said hello back but then got shoved forward a bit - guess I was taking too much time?
    But it was great! If anybody reading this is considering applying for super enpou tickets - do it!! :)

14. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    Team K! So lucky. I applied for Super Enpou for Teams A and K and didn't win any - I really wanted Team K.

15. HeatherRose

HeatherRose Kenkyuusei

They were brilliant! I'd love to know how they pick the super enpou though, seems very hit or miss to whether people get tickets.

16. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

just wanted to reiterate that the super enpou system is purely staff decision. everything is done manually. this is half of the reason why people need to send applications a month before.

17. Tensai

Oshimen:
    uchiyamanatsuki
    Twitter:
    Tensai
    ^ are you still working on updates to the guide. It might be nice to throw in a section about the 'high touch' process. Especially - keep moving!

18. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

^ i'm actually planning on updating the guide this december.

although personally i really don't have the confidence anymore as i've been out of the theater cycle for almost a year now.

19. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Here's an update for you Youko. I'm not sure if it was a change of rules, that I am a foreigner, or that they just know me. But I dropped off a gift for a member at the desk last night, and they didn't have me fill out the form. They just took it and thanked me.

20. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

just wondering, did you say it's possible to go up to 8F and watch on the monitors if you don't have a ticket?