1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single [SINGLE] SKE48 8th [Kataomoi Finally] 12/01/25

Discussion in 'SKE48 News & Releases' started by caramujo, Nov 26, 2011.

1. sikanwan

sikanwan Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sikanwan
    Re: [SINGLE] SKE48 8th Single [Kataomoi Finally] (2012/01/25

The chorus of Kataomoi Finally is continuously looping in my mind :lol:

The sales figure is good!
    Keep it up!! [rock]

I have ordered my first SKE48 CD this time!

2. vikacong

vikacong Kenkyuusei

So its only around 285k?

According to the late figure sales, most of the weekly sales can be approximated from the first day sales plus an additional 10-20%. There will be around 90% drop tomorrow, followed by somewhat slower but steadier decrement.

That makes it around 342k at its best.

The only exception for this formula is probably Zetsumetsu Kurokami Shoujo from NMB48. There was a sudden increase in 3rd or 4th day if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, congratulation to SKE48 [party] [party] [party]

Lesbian single does sell

3. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena

Oh My God! was also the exception, it seems NMB didn't ship all of their theatre version copies in 1st day, unlike other 48family singles.

4. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

The video is totally gay and there are no two ways about that.

Jruina's comments only are significant as to her acting method. She was playing a character in the video. The character is someone who is more stereotypically masculine- tough and cool- than she is in real life.

In real life- where she is still totally gay- she is still quite immature, grabby, and selfish- not at all the kewl detached character she played in the pv. (I mean this in a loving way. I love Jurina, but I also think she is a little immature at times- which one should expect from a fourteen year old.)

Just like everyone else, there are many different character structures in homosexuals. The real life lesbian Jurina was simply playing a different type of person in the pv, that was also homosexual.

To change topics quite a bit...

My Japanese instructor, a native of Japan that lived most of her life there, has repeatedly told me homosexuality is no big deal in Japan and no one really cares. I am seeing some different opinions here. I'm curious for more details, as I am pretty ignorant of how the issues are different in Japan, as compared to the US&A that I live in.

One thing is certain, if the reactionaries in the media saw a pv like this used to promote a song in the US, they would scream and cry about corrupting the youth, recruiting for the gay agenda, and exploiting children. That the pv was released by a mainstream pop band in Japan indicates significant cultural differences over the issues of youth, sexuality, and homosexual sex and love. I'm just not sure of the extent and contours of those differences.

5. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

What? :wtf: How'd you get that idea?
    I think you're mistaking being a girl and being affectionate for something else. If things like that make her gay, then a huge chunk of AKB and SKE girls must be. I guess I might wanna check up on some of my friends cause I've seen them hug / smooch people too. [shock]
    That's just a little too simplistic.

I don't think it's pushing it at all. It's not too uncommon for girls to do those things, especially in puberty. It's a part of becoming aware of your body. I'm not denying that the video's a take on homosexuality, but that's just one side to it.

6. renx2

renx2 Kenkyuusei

I don't see any proof of Jurina being "totally gay" in real life. I'd have to agree with HoneyRoastedPeanuts. Some girls at that age group act like Jurina does. She's only 14. A girl acting "amae" to other girls doesn't make her a lesbian, especially for a kid. Jurina is energetic and has an outgoing personality so she's a lesbian? Really? I find Matsui Rena and Furukawa Airi more like a lesbian couple than anything Jurina has ever done, and both of these two girls are more than 20 years old.

And wow, it's really rare that I hear/read someone say that Jurina is immature. (Actually, it may be the first time.) Once in awhile, I see comments that say she acts her age. Most of the time, people are impressed with her maturity and professionalism.

7. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919

That one's a given.
    She does act her age of course, but is mature way beyond it. Around other members she can act childish, but that's because she's a child. From what I've seen she is very much able to separate that and her job.

8. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

Seriously .. what an awesome song + PV ...

Rena & Jurina both looked freakin' fantastic!! :inlove:

Aki-P is really pushing some boundaries in the Japanese music world I think. [clap]

I don't really get the slapping at the end though .. -_- ..

EDIT: This is really superb. Not only do I love the song, the PV .. but I also think the lyrics is well written and Aki-P got the message across. Love it.

EDIT 2: I just might start to like Rena after this ... :p

9. kokiburi

kokiburi Kenkyuusei

Warning, playing devil's advocate : Not if you picture Jurina as a guy because then you'd have girls falling seriously for him and simply having fun-time between them when he is not around.
    Now, I absolutely don't mean that's how the MV should be seen but it's how someone could take it if he/she really wanted to.
    But I agree that would be kind of delusional, given Rena's speech at the beginning which gives away that the theme of the song is unconventional love :p.

IRL Jurina is already plenty tough and cool. Kanakana even said she was like a prince coming out of a manga :D. Her comment is up to interpretation, but I take it as the state of mind with which she played her character (and given how much of a player/ba$tard her character turned out to be, this isn't very flattering for the male gender lol).

Ultimately, KataFai is only entertainment, a commercial product. It's well known that Japan is extremely tolerant with the content of their media content.
    Most people won't even make the connection with irl homosexuality where the rule is "don't ask, don't tell", sort of.
    But I'm not dismissing the possibility that some people listening to this song will gather the courage to confess their love, be it to someone of the same gender. Simply, I don't think most people in Japan will take it as seriously as we do...

10. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc

According to reports 2nd day sales are 72,185. That's huge increase compared to Oki Doki 2nd day 45,672. :)

11. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

This video has nothing to do with my opinion that Jurina is as queer as a three dollar bill. I've believed that for quite some time. I could be wrong, but I wont be surprised when she ends up with a girlfriend, at least for a while.

I think it is a stretch to claim her character in the pv is male and thus it is then heteronormative. As the very least, her character would be then transgendered, and thus the video is queer again, as she is a male in a female body and there is no effort made to convince us she is portraying a male in a male body.

Now, if the video is trying to show Jurina as a male in a male body, she would then be portraying a male cross-dresser, as she clearly is dressed as a culturally identified female. That would make the pv queer again, as it is about a male cross-dresser.

So, while the pv might not be strictly 'lesbian' as I may have said before, it is certainly queer, under any plausible formulation of the gender issues involved.

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

13. oddball

oddball Member

Yep 72k!

Massive improvement on second day sales from Oki Doki, what's more important is that Oki Doki 2,3,4 th day sales etc were below Pareo's where as these have obviously gone above and beyond, maybe these sales are actually more important than the 1st day ones?

14. tokyolucifer

tokyolucifer Kenkyuusei

SKE48 Kouhaku Taikou Maruhi Gei Taikai (Type C)
    http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzQ2MDgxOTAw.html

* Wow. That's all I have to say. I watched variety show since Hello Morning, and this is the best one in my opinion. I think even the judge cried a little at the end. So good. This single has been nothing short than amazing.

15. MSHunters

MSHunters Kenkyuusei

I sense Jurina disliking all over the page..

Regardless, it seems like the bonuses that come with the singles are pretty much winners. Anyway, some statistics show that second day sales outnumber the previous two settings, also offsetting the minor difference seen on the first day. Keep on rising!

16. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

Twitter:
    hrp919

I don't think it's that anyone dislikes Jurina; rather general confusion about what to make of the music video / the role she's playing in it.

I'm positive that the single is going to sell considerably better than the previous ones. Their appearance on Music Station is a factor.

17. MSHunters

MSHunters Kenkyuusei

^
    Well fair enough.. My take is that Jurina cut her hair shorter (thanks to management maybe) to make it look like she's playing a dude. Other than that, she's still a girl. Always have, is still one, will always be. :D

18. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Man if SKE48 did DANSO. Select Jurina and things are about to become serious :awesome: .

When Rena did it though she pulled off as a pretty cute guy too.

Hoping Kataomoi will sell 450k this week. Hell why not 500k to surprise me :)

19. renx2

renx2 Kenkyuusei

The PV is definitely showing female-female love relationships. The underlying point is also that love has no boundaries. You can't pretend Jurina is a guy. She's a girl and plays a girl in the PV. I absolutely love Jurina and she's my oshi, but her character in the PV is quite despicable. Doesn't change anything though, I still love her. It's just her character in the PV sucks.

IRL, again, there are no indications that she is lesbian or bisexual. People can think what they want based on thin air. In the future, who knows? But right now, there is no evidence at all. I don't want to insult anyone but to say that Jurina is lesbian or bisexual as if it's a fact... that's just presumptious and ignorant.

20. Vodka

Vodka Kenkyuusei

That ending.....Jurina!!!! :cry2:
    Such a purely innocent 14 year old. The kid hates to loose!
    I just wanted to give her a big hug to cheer up. I can't handle it when she cries. ;___;