[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Re: THE AKB48 thread!

Ok, you win, I chose a bad example... :^^;: However, I think a video like that should be deleted (and I'm absolutely sure that if Aki-P & Co become aware of it, they will ask the admins to delete it at once)

2. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

I might have to get used to this, the longer a large surface of japan is getting covered with akb goods and more akb fans, non of which we can guarantee are not annoying as people the more non fans of the group are going to develop a resentment for akb.

3. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy

What say would they have in it if it gets deleted or not? Does Japanese copyright laws not allow a person in a public place to video tape?? Enlighten me if im wrong as i have no idea. But from what i see nothing there looks like anything under AKB copyright protection.

4. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

It's not about copyrights. Imagine that someone uploads a video of president Obama and a person saying 'I'm going to test my bazooka with him', and the White House discovers it. Imagine that the video is about the Pope and the Vatican discovers it. Imagine that it's about a famous actor or singer and he becomes aware of it. How much longer do you think those videos would be there? I wouldn't be too surprised if videos like this were even an offence. How many assholes upload videos where they threaten to kill someone and some hours, days or weeks later, they are on tv because they went into a school and began firing everyone? I'm sure you know some recent cases, don't you? (isn't the name Anders Behring Breivik familiar to you?) Nobody can be sure if the guy who posted that video is just joking or perhaps one day he'll get his wires crossed and try to do it IRL...That asshole is threatening the AKB fans and if something happened AKB would be directly affected, so AKB has the right to report it (to the police, if necessary) and demand that video was deleted.

5. lionheartedvalor

lionheartedvalor Kenkyuusei

That guy has no life if he makes a trip out to the AKB Cafe and Shop to film a video for that. :fp:
    On a more positive side, fans can take it as "Hey! AKB's so popular it can have haters now!" People are paying attention to the group. :)
    Honestly though, some haters' behavior is beyond ridiculous.

6. Betazu

Betazu Kenkyuusei

Should we flag the vid as inappropriate to YT? [think]

7. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

This guy is just a moron and doesn't really deserve any of our time and energy, but...

"This is what's wrong with the world, people lining up to see those stupid girls"

Really? This is the problem? So if the cafe closed all the world's problems would end? Religious persecution. Famine, Disease, and the World financial crisis...all gone eh? Just close the Cafe. Got it.

"Why don't we just blow them up? I think that's the least they deserve."

Spoken like a true intolerant bastard. No different to people that are anti certain religions or sexual orientation.

There are a lot of things in entertainment I don't care for. But I feel no need to produce videos declaring my disdain. I just don't pay attention to it, period! This kid is utterly immature.

The truth is this guy really is an AKB48 fan. He's just pissed that he hasn't won any shows during his stay, and now can't get into the cafe because the line is too long. In fact, he probably couldn't figure out how to work the reservation system...dumbass.

8. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

I don't understand why he doesn't turn around, there's a bigger line to cross the street. :D
    Actually two years ago the neighboring Gundam cafe had that kind of line when I visited.

I remember one of the AKB cafe girls showed up on Naruhodo as part of the thing where you have to guess whether or not they're in AKB. She was a cutie, maybe even cuter than the AKB girls. :inlove:

9. Criss

Criss Member

Oh man, please someone translate this aticle:

http://news.searchina.ne.jp/disp.cgi?y= ... _117.shtml

:lol: :lol: :lol:

"Celebrities that you DONT want to see in CMs" (And why)

Of course bring to you by "Bunshun" mag :XD:

1位 芦田愛菜
    2位 和田アキ子
    3位 AKB48
    4位 沢尻エリカ
    5位 イチロー
    6位 チャン・グンソク
    7位 木村拓哉
    8位 マツコ・デラックス
    9位 久本雅美
    10位 石川遼
    11位 板野友美
    11位 中居正広
    13位 前田敦子
    14位 藤原紀香
    15位 佐々木希

10. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27

[think] tabloid articles. Kind of a pointless article though, as it's just a ranking of a combination of CM appearances, exposure, push, prominence and spread, in a way.

Nevertheless...

Poor kid. Then again, she is in quite a lot of CMs.

Surprising? Perhaps, although apart from all the AKB48-oriented ones, her Ito-Yokado and eMobile ones are rather prominent.

11. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

Joe, I am not trying to pick on you or put you down or anything like that. But to me, personally, I see this as a problem "I derived a conclusion based on only one source". That video probably showed less than 1 minute footage of the girls practice dancing. I think forming a conclusion from that small footage alone is a little premature. If today I never read Sasshi's photobook, I might have taken your word and think what you say to be true - that they practice dancing individually a lot which causes their synchronicity to be off sometimes. But this is actually far from the truth because they do in fact practice really hard together as a team to get the synchronicity right (at least for stage performances).

Anyways, I just hope in the future you don't form a conclusion too fast based on only one small source. Your conclusive statement could be misleading for other people. Thank you. :)

For example, I don't form a conclusive opinion that Tomochin has this "I don't care" attitude from just one video/source. I've seen her act this way multiple times for me to form a conclusive opinion about her. Hope this helps.

12. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki

^You're aware that by using Sasshi's book, you are also only citing one source, right?

I'm not even going to add to the argument - they do both.

(Oh wait, I just did.)

13. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

^
    Yeah, sure. But I think my source is more valid than just a "few seconds" from a video footage since it was a personal experience from Sasshi. Of course they do both ... I was just saying that they ALSO practice dancing as a team - and a lot of it. Never said they don't practice individually.

EDIT 1: And just to get it straight, I gave TWO sources. Sasshi's photobook + 1st Janken Backstage Video. :tongue:

EDIT 2: Also, I think you missed the whole point. I didn't even need to cite more than one source because I wasn't making any conclusive statement. I only used one source to counter a conclusive statement he made to show that it's not true. If today I am making a conclusive statement, then I will probably need more than one source - unless my one source is very valid.

14. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Dear tomochin, why didn't you do the flying get kick properly? (was it in coming soon?) Were you tired? Were you half-assing the dance? Do you not care about performances? Did you not practice? Or did you just practice on your own? Please explain.

[hehe]

15. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

uh...

this is a discussion thread which means you can feel free to disagree and oppose my conclusions and hopefully we all learn something in the end.

it's not like i'm hiding how i came to my conclusion. there are people in this thread who didn't post sources when stating "facts," so why i'm singled out i have no idea. this isn't an academic paper anyway.

(ironically in the myao thread i posted two separate statements talking about her drop in popularity (i heard that she's not good at handshake events, and people don't like how chubby she's gotten) and people in the thread combined them to form a strange rumor (people went to handshake events to make fun of how chubby she is!) so i'm not sure what people are doing with what i say anyway.)

regardless, i still don't think their synch is really that sharp and is a major reason as to why the choreography doesn't look so difficult.
    aforementioned Only Today:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyUvvwyBqkk[/yt]

it's not that tomochin doesn't care, she's just tsundere. :inlove: (this is also a demonstration of the lack of synch, though, i really love this performance. man this subunit is so awesome.)
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSIA5JyqC6Q[/yt]

16. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

Hey guys....

Your little tennis game has run it's course. I suggest taking it to PM if you want to continue.

kthxbai

17. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

SweetS was never that popular ): (but that's neither here nor there xP)

So does anyone have any guesses for who gets promoted to empty spots?

18. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

^ You mean to the open spots in B and K (not to mention Team S)

Dunno. I was wondering if they were going to consider Team 4 members for those spots

19. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

I hope not because that just shows how Team 4 really isn't a team ):

I vote izurina or Naana for K and Hillary or Marin for B [cool]

20. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

shouldn't they fill up team 4 first before b and k? i wonder what the heck they're waiting on.

kaoru does seem geared for a push though. i think she's too skinny though, haha.