1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 22nd [Flying Get] 11/08/24

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by loveandcoffee, Jun 13, 2011.

1. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

Re: [SINGLE] 22nd single [Flying Get] 2011.08.24 release

Not just a major award; THE major award... This is what says you've put together the total package. Performers, writers, producers, arrangers, etc are all recognized with the award.

It must've been overwhelming the for the ladies to stand up there and accept an award that has been given to legends in the industry.

Hopefully they can join the elite few and claim another victory next year. Maybe even join Hamasaki and EXILE as threepeaters.

Aside from that, since they've won such a prestigious award, just let them sing live. They sounded just fine... only Marikosama seemed to have a little trouble finding her range.

2. jell_o_jello

jell_o_jello Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu

Thanks for all the answers :)
    So the award is major. I'm happy for them. Hope next year they will have better singles (i'm actually so-so with Flying Get) and then win again :hehe:

3. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

Holy Ra.......that list contains some really amazing (and famous) singers o.o

Congratulations to AKB48 for winning such an prestigious award [party] [party]

(Now, I may be a tad too over-optimistic here....but I personally hope AKB48 can win this award 4 times in a row, and become possibly the first to ever do so in the award history :awesome: )

4. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

There's been so many records, of-all-times and first-evers this year, I'm really not surprised about anything anymore. ;)

5. lionheartedvalor

lionheartedvalor Kenkyuusei

A huge congratulations to the girls. There is practically nothing they can't do! Hopefully, 2012 will be an even greater year for them. Their success should never end!

6. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

:cry: man, I really don't know what to say, I'm speachless here, it is kind of Embarrassing but I have to admit that I cried at the moment they announce AKB48's name, I felt like I am the one who won this prize, that's because AKB48 is a special case in the music's history, I feel their happinss & sadness, their hopes & dreams, it's like you are part of them. really CONGRATULATION. [party] [party] [party]
    And thanks to Akimoto Yasushi, Omedito gozaimus.
    (The song that running on my mind right now = Anata ga ite kureta kara :) :cry: )

7. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Yes, that's true. I think that AKB48 is already a legend like those who had won this award before, so it's not such a big surprise.

8. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

I wouldn't be wishing for AKB48 to dominate everything, it is a sure way to start turning people against them. People will begin to resent their omnipotence.

I think Aki p will be aware to give some good success to his 'opposition' group, or some other grouping. It may also be time to bring in some more changes, shake things up again...mid year, to maintain interest and stop supporters becoming bored or complacent.

Maybe a project with Exile for the older girls... etc...etc... something new.

9. irontech

irontech Next Girls

In most other clips, it shows their performance when their name was announced as the winner.

(Sorry if this clip is a repost). This clip shows the post-performance of Flying Get - Japan Record Award.
    There are some backstage interviews with members and Aki-P about how they feel after winning such a prestigious award, plus some history clips.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6ZsHIE4rkM[/yt]

I wasn't sure where to post this, but since it's Flying Get single that won, I decided to post it here.

10. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

Are there English subtitles out there in the interwebs for the movie (long version) of this single with or without the song?

11. karles48

Mmm...I was watching this video at the official channel and it's subtitled in English. I don't remember watching English subs there before. Does anyone know if those are 'official' subtitles?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKB48#p/u/15/WdhMjzfg6-k

12. twopointslow

twopointslow Kenkyuusei

I noticed they've been slowly adding subs to their PVs for the past several weeks. Some of the translations are a bit iffy though.

13. karles48

So it was true, after all. Yes, some translations are a bit :^^;: but it's a good step forward to please their foreign fans... ;) Thank you!

14. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

^ I'm wondering if this is part of the google+ deal so could be the same translator there, as some of those are a bit iffy too.

15. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina

Prob not, they have a "What is AKB" on the channel somewhere posted a year or so back that's in English too. They do the occasional thing in English, which is why its frustrating when they don't, because then we have to fill in the gaps ourselves. Although I guess you could say that helps bring the community together, it's just difficult when half of the community has to rely on the other, and sometimes you just wish it was easier to discuss stuff without the need to translate stuff back and forth.
    (I mean as in, the members who can speak Japanese and the members who can't)

16. Hugh B Hayve

Hugh B Hayve Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Reia Yanase

Just watched Flying Get and Hebi Rot with the English language Closed Caption on Youtube. The translation was close(used Studio48 as reference) but not perfect, almost like they are using something like Google Translate on the video. I don't know if a human translator/subber would have made the mistakes that were made but I could be wrong about that. I've been playing Japanese import video games for years and have seen some pretty freaky translates. It is nice to see the option there on Youtube, although I still prefer the third party subbing with the karaoke lines.

17. karles48

Don't think so...unless they have a better version that the one we are used to... [hehe]

18. mixedmedia

mixedmedia Kenkyuusei

Figured this was relevant. Another amazing cover by goosehouse!

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXHr_3l0wng[/yt]

Liking how they're sort of doing wota gei in the background!

19. Chaos48

Chaos48 Kenkyuusei

20. Jun

Jun Kenkyuusei

Pretty good version