1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

AKB Mistakes?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by The_Hot_Zone, Mar 6, 2012.

1. The_Hot_Zone

The_Hot_Zone Kenkyuusei

Does anyone know if the AKB members tend to mess up often while performing? I haven't seen a lot of live performances of them, so I obviously can't know for sure. But I wouldn't be surprised if they did, and I don't mean that as a bad thing, because it definitely seems hard to stay in sync with a bunch of other girls and remembering your position.

2. koakumanao

koakumanao Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakamoto Erena
    Twitter:
    koakumanao
    I remember i watched some on youtube. the uploader must love akb so much.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmc71-mB_Rk[/yt]
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-hoTKuQwF0[/yt]

3. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand
    lol, this guy makes me a little angry. He's nit picking on small things, and of course they're going to make mistakes every now and then, but i'd like to see him not make any mistakes and stay in perfect synch with the other stage members.

Oh well, there are always going to be people like that in the world.

4. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    I've seen these videos before. For the majority of it though, I can't even make out the things that the creator says are happening/going wrong. [sweat]

5. koakumanao

koakumanao Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakamoto Erena
    Twitter:
    koakumanao
    ^^Umm you must have misunderstood. the uploader is obviously an akb fan.
    he wouldn't have so many akb concert videos nor would he watch each and every one of that to just find the mistakes. goodness, there are lots of concerts that i haven't even watched in that collection. And only real fans would notice those subtle mistakes.
    Don't you see? It's pure LOVE, not Anti. Look at the view count for the 2nd one.
    As an akb fan, i think it's an extraordinary and excellent compilation.

6. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand
    A "fan" wouldn't cling onto the mistakes and make a little compilation video showing every little mistake they did. It just means he has too much time and money (If he bought these live DVD's).

I will say though, it takes a special personality to actually bother going through that many videos just to find the flaws, but fans don't go around pointing that many mistakes.

7. koakumanao

koakumanao Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sakamoto Erena
    Twitter:
    koakumanao
    ^In the video description, he says
    But suit yourself if you don't believe me

Personally, my favourite one is in the 2nd video at 3:07 when Tomochin took off her belt and then Ono threw it to the back of the stage. Pure professionalism :XD:

8. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    The one that sticks out in my mind from a video, is this years NHK kouhaku.. watch near the end of ebikachu.. 209 of them in time.. except for Sayaka.. right in the middle of the group. I don't know if that was on purpose or not seeing where she was standing.

Saw a few live during NMB performances (in theatre, no vids) Mori Ayaka disposing of her somehow destroyed microphone made me laugh, Yuppi lost her tie mid way through the first song, Momoka completely blanked on where she was supposed to stand during seishun no lap time.
    On their N1 DVD, first chorus in Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru, Riichan breaks her tie thing, it's really noticeable because they cut between 2 different performances, and obviously she didn't break it twice.. so continuity is all over the place.

They make mistakes, they're human, we should just enjoy and laugh along. They are always extremely professional when dealing with errors, and never let it phase them or interrupt the song. ... Well except Momoka, but the song hadn't started.. the whole crowd shouted encouragement at her, by the looks on her face she wanted the ground to swallow her up.. but she smiled the way through it regardless.

9. GATX105

GATX105 Member

One of the easiest ones was during anime expo in LA. Not exactly a mistake but more like a wardrobe malfunction. Tomochin's ribbon(?) wouldn't come off so she tugged at it a couple of times (while everyone else already had theirs out) and then ran off the stage. Ran back in several seconds later after the staff backstage took it off for her.

I thought the whole thing was cute. :)

10. sillythings

sillythings Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    sillythings48
    there are plenty of wardrobe malfunctions, there are always at least one member at each concert that encounters a problem. that's normal considering how many girls there are and how quickly some have to change outfits~

and I have a tendency to be able to spot mistakes~ i get a chuckle out of it~

11. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

if you see any performance where haachan is filling in for a spot that isn't hers, she's pretty much guaranteed to mess up.

Also costumes etc. mess up a lot.

12. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Hmm... I think I'm too loyal to AKB to keep a blind eye to all of those mistakes. :^^;: Though its definitely obvious. Shame on you post production staff for not cutting those scenes. [hehe]

And Please No one mention K-POP on this Thread or will get back to square one on the discussion from THE AKB48 Thread. :hand: (the first time I use this emoticon!)
    As a Haachan fan I can't deny this, but that just sound rude. You must have been thinking of the time when Haachan sub Erepyon during Team K's last days of performance of 5th Stage. Of course she'll get mistakes she was only given a few hours to memorize the dance step not hers and not even from the team she belongs to. You gotta give her credit for taking the task itself.

EDIT:
    [hehe]

13. akiba

akiba Kenkyuusei

Watch Heart Gata Virus in Yoyogi Concert day 1 ! That song is performed by Kojima Haruna, Takajo Aki, and Sato Sumire. Well, where's the mistakes ? Can you find it who did the mistake ? I watch this song over and over again because it's one of my favorite songs. Until one day i found something wrong with Suuchan. When the song is nearly over, she failed to take the tambourine that hanged on the mike's stand. It is stucked. But she isn't panick. She closed the perf without the tambourine.

14. Oshiri13

Oshiri13 Kenkyuusei

I remember seeing a gif. showing Mayuyu accidentally pushing a singing
    Yukirin on the stage.afterwards Mayuyu still continue to sing.lol!

15. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

16. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

No, i was talking about when she did Hajimete no Jelly Beans in 2009, or any time she did Kataomoi no Taikakusen, or that time she did Temodemo no namida and forgot to sing... and as for her performance in K5, she did Wagamama na Nagareboshi a few times at events with Yukirin before covering Erepyon's spot.

Idk i'm just telling it like it is, she's notorious for messing up dance moves lol

17. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

The worst I remember off the top of my head (keep in mind that I haven't watched a LOD in over a year though) was the A5 performance where no3b appeared for the first time, they had no time to rehearse and it was obvious that Haruna didn't know her dance moves all that well, even in her own unit. It's sad that the girls had to stand on stage without having properly learned and rehearsed their dances, but that's the norm now in AKB and I guess they've gotten better at getting the jist of it in a short time now.

They are pros at it, though, and keep smiling and going even if they mess up, which is great.

18. PrincessCaca

PrincessCaca Kenkyuusei

Most memorable mistake is when
    Takamina almost "bumps" with Tomochin during Kaze wa fuite iru
    Love the way they handle the mistake
    They still confidently dance
    As expected :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: