1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[CONCERT] - [AKB48 in Washington, DC] '12/03/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 13, 2012.

1. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Kenkyuusei

That is awesome. I'm so happy to see that. I really hope that the girls will make more frequent trips to the U.S. as a result of this...and an AKB48 store wouldn't be such a bad thing either.

2. niito

niito Kenkyuusei

Gaaah so glad I live in MD
    My friend and I will be there for the 7:30 show!

3. Super_Luigi

Super_Luigi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Tickets for 7:30 are now sold out (again)! They're going really fast.. I hope the theater will be packed for the girls, and they can see just how much of a fanbase exists in America.

4. Raiden

Raiden Kenkyuusei

Yeah so folks, bring them lightsticks, brush up on your wotagei and name-calls... and oh yeah... coordinated encore call! Oh signboards too if you want attention. ;) Not sure I'm artistic enough, but we'll see.

5. jinxuanatxi

jinxuanatxi Kenkyuusei

I am going from Chicago. Arrive on the 26th morning and back the 28th morning.

First time to DC, + AKB concert, I think I won't be able to sleep :XD:

6. twopointslow

twopointslow Kenkyuusei

^
    From Chicago too, but I'm in only from tuesday morning to wednesday morning.. so it's more than likely that I won't be getting sleep.

So, when and where is the S48 meet happening?

7. lionheartedvalor

lionheartedvalor Kenkyuusei

LOL I'm going from Chicago too. I'm driving though.
    Bought some poster board today to make signs~
    So excited for my first live AKB event! [party]

8. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand
    Wait they're sold out? o_O

9. flagator21

flagator21 Member

Can a mod please create a thread that only the confirmed attending members can access? A place where we can exchange phone numbers, and other contact info for the rest to see. Also, we can discuss plans like an airport greeting/sendoff, meet-up places, Takamina birthday banners, etc. This was done previously for the NYAF events and concert.

We should leave this thread for general information and those looking for or giving away tickets.

10. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Mmm...I guess I should go to the psychiatrist...but I have a ticket for every show... [blush]
    Btw, the second one is for the 07:30pm show (I was in the waitlist but I got the pdf a couple of minutes ago)...
    EDIT: I guess that I only need to print the pdf files they sent me in any printer, right? (I'm not familiar with eventbrite and webs like that) [think]

11. Jman.HKojima.fan

Jman.HKojima.fan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Wow. I can't believe it, I though tickets where sold out for the 4:00 pm show, but I manage to get 2 just now.

12. Raiden

Raiden Kenkyuusei

Here is some really good info. I finally got a reply to my e-mail about seating:

13. Rena_012

Rena_012 Kenkyuusei

Now the question is how early will people start lining up >.<
    i am arriving around lunchtime... I dont mind where i am as long as i can get in!

14. shadowgram

shadowgram Kenkyuusei

I will be arriving at 11PM on the 26th. Are we doing a meeting up before the concert? At least it will be nice to sit together so we can do name call/chant together. Also it will be nice to do photo swap before or after the concert.
    Anyone organizing it? It will be great to have a multi-forum meet up.

15. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I'll be taking the 7:30am Megabus from NY on 3/27 and taking the midnight bus back, God help me!

16. Super_Luigi

Super_Luigi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    If the Berryz in Seattle concert I went to is any sort of indication, you'll want to queue up bright and early (10 AM or earlier) if you want a really good seat for the 4:00 concert. The Japanese wota that are sure to come will be there for nothing but the concert, so they will queue as soon as they arrive/wake up. The 7:30 queue will be a little strange since it'll largely be people that also went to the first concert; I wonder how that'll work.

That said, there's really no time for a meetup beforehand unless it's done in line or something. Not sure about AKB wota, but Berryz wota were really nice and actually helped us learn chants and stuff prior to the concert, so maybe we could get a little practice going in line. The best thing to do would be to meet up after the concert, maybe at a restaurant or whatnot. Personally I'll be reuniting with some friends that went to Berryz in Seattle, so I might not make it to the S48 meetup but I'll make an effort at it.

By the way, I still have space in my Hyatt Regency Crystal City room, which is just a metro ride away :) The very most you'd pay is $25. PM me if interested.

17. makistar

^
    if this is anything like AKB in NY 2009, I would need my armor :fear:

18. Super_Luigi

Super_Luigi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    ^
    What, was it ugly? xD

19. makistar