1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[CONCERT] - [AKB48 in Washington, DC] '12/03/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 13, 2012.

1. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

What do you mean? Are you talking about the concert? the fans? the queue? the place? [speechless]

2. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

> newAKB48fanboy
    We'll probably see each other on the bus then

> karles48
    The fans....let's hope they behave in this concert
    The queue...I think I waited 5 hours, couldn't feel my feet by the end of the day

3. karles48

I see...let's hope this time it's different...thank you.

4. Super_Luigi

Super_Luigi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    If anything, it'll be worse with the popularity they've gained since then [sweat]

5. Raiden

Raiden Kenkyuusei

I'm hoping for the best, but my crowd expectations are very low. Which I why I feel it's all the more important for us to step up and represent! Let our voices be heard. Be wotas among the quote-unquote "fans."

--

Anyway, I was just thinking that the 7:30pm people might be queuing up while 4pm show is going on. Which probably means not as good of seats second time around for the double-dippers. Although that would probably be more fair to those who could only come for the 7:30. One catch though maybe - the early show is marked as "Press & Invitations priority," so if you're first in queue for first show, you may get a worse seat than first in queue for second show. Just a thought. There's a lot of assumptions to the above.

Yes that'd be really helpful. We need to get organized and do stuff like designate points of contact. Maybe compile a list of who's arriving when. That stuff would get kinda lost in here.

I just managed to get a really nice deal on an overnight flight and I should be arriving at Dulles around 8:00am Sunday the 25th.

EDIT: 4pm show finally "sold out."

6. Super_Luigi

Super_Luigi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    I (and most other people) would prefer seeing them for both shows and having slightly worse seats over seeing them once with good seats, I reckon. Anyway, I agree with the separate forum idea. Or alternatively (or if they can't set it up) make a Facebook group that has the same purpose; we did that for another upcoming idol concert and made an accompanying spreadsheet with attendee info, and it has worked out very well.

In other news, I need to memorize both mixes, or at least one of them :^^;: I know the words to the first one but always mix up the order. If I find some glowsticks for cheap, I'll buy some and hand them out free of charge to S48ers (I'd likely just buy green *biased*)

7. AKB48zcd

AKB48zcd Kenkyuusei

I hope most people know how to do mix call.....

8. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

If I took a bus at noon from New York on the 27th do you think I'd make it for the 4PM concert or would I have to leave at 10-11 or so?

9. boardgamegeek

boardgamegeek Kenkyuusei

i suggest u leave NY around 10 am and u will get to DC in 4 hrs. Then get camp out at the theater for the 4pm show.

10. Super_Luigi

Super_Luigi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Even leaving at 10, you'd probably make it, but making it and getting a good seat is another story >_>

11. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

You are cutting close even leaving at 10am from NY, according to Megabus, duration is 4.5 hours, not to mention if there's traffic.....plus you also need to take a bus or metro from Union Station to Lincoln Theatre.

12. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    I just found some flights from California in the $500-$600 range. Still expensive and super pricey, but that's what happens with only 2 weeks notice and either way they're a lot better than $800 something (go to hell, expedia). So there's a little bigger chance I might be able to attend. If I do, I'll probably be able to spare one ticket to one of the shows? I put that in question marks because I don't know whether I'll be able to meet up with some friends in Washington DC but if not, definitely I'd like to help a stage48 member out. So if someone here still needs a ticket (and assuming they let friends use tickets with my name on it) pray to God/Jesus that I'll be able to go!

But more importantly, is there anyone staying from Sat/Sun until maybe Weds? If I'm going to fly to DC, I want to enjoy my Spring Break, not go in and out. See some beautiful sakura trees, visit White House, w/e. If so, I'd love to stay with you

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I have tickets for both. I'm so excited for this! I live about two hours outside of DC, so this is kind of perfect for me. Since I will have to drive in the morning of, though, I'm worried about getting there too late to get a good seat. But still, free concert two hours away from where I live, I'm not going to complain. Plus, Sae~! <3

14. lionheartedvalor

lionheartedvalor Kenkyuusei

Putting this up for clarification in case anybody else wanted to know.

15. jaruhi

jaruhi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yagurafuuko
    Twitter:
    jarunugget
    Got my tickets yesterday! I've got school so I'll get to the theatre around 3:30PM, I hope I don't get lost or stuck in the traffic/queue... :fp:

16. awesomecakes

awesomecakes Kenkyuusei

I'll also be getting there around 3:30PM because of school. ; A; DC Metro, for once, please don't fail me!

I swear I'll take a taxi there if I have to... Still easier than those of you who have to fly over. OTL

17. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Kenkyuusei

Wow, this is so exciting seeing all these people talking about this. Not sure how I feel about spending an entire day in the queue line for the concert, and really don't know how my friend is going to feel about it, but you have to do, what you have to do I guess.

18. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

I put it into Google Maps before, from 220 West 27th street, New York, NY (my dorm address, it's not really a secret or anything... lol) to Lincoln Theatre in DC and it said it'd be under 4 hours...? O.O

But of course I have no idea how reliable it is, so...

And I'm not so concerned about super great seats, just being there is enough... Besides if I do go, I would stay for the night show too, and might be able to snag a better seat... Maybe. Even so, that's not my main concern. >.<

If anyone can help me clarify the results I got on Google Maps, that'd be appreciated.

Specifications I put into Google Maps:

Public Transportation (as opposed to walking/driving/bike)

Point A (start location) 220 W 27th St, New York, NY 10001
    Point B (destination) Lincoln Theatre, U Street Northwest, Washington, DC

Arrive by 4PM on 3/27/2012

It says it'd take under 3 and a half hours but it looks like a lot of transfers...? Hmm...

But without transfers I could get to DC but just the station... If someone travelled with me we could split a taxi ride, and that apparently would only take 10 minutes. As the train would be arriving at 2:47 we would get there around 3.

This is if we got the 12PM train which we'd have to arrive at Penn Station for by 11:30...

Anyone up for that...? Of course I'd take whatever route back to New York since there's no rush as long as it's that night or early early early in the morning - my class is at 11AM on Wednesdays. XD

I've never had a problem getting a taxi in DC before - I've been there quite a few times with my parents...

I just have to find out how much it costs to get a ticket there and back... XD I'm not sure. ^^;

But... I guess a train would bypass traffic, right?

19. flagator21

flagator21 Member

Besides a couple of rude people and the shark feeding frenzy (there's really no other way to describe it :XD:) to buy BLT's and posters after the concert, I had mostly positive experiences with other AKB fans in NY.

My sister and I arrived at the venue at about 10:00.. there were 6-7 Japanese wota already there. A bunch of folks showed up around noon-1 and still scored front row "seats" (it was a standing room deal).

Since the venue is larger in D.C., I would suggest lining up as early as you can.

20. karles48

Mmm, the nerdy question of the day (I have little practice queuing [blush]). If the members who are able to be there sooner begin to line up, will the rest be able to join them later? Will that cause problems with the rest of people waiting? [think]