1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Oshima Yuko (Yuko) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by kaito, Jun 5, 2007.

1. chimenchienxu16761

chimenchienxu16761 Kenkyuusei

Re: Oshima Yuko / Team K

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II5ftLUxe4A[/yt]
    yuko-san with bubble LOLZ

2. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

I haven't visited this thread in such a long time I feel like such a bad Yuko fan :cry:

However, I'm now all up to date reading her blog entries! Thanks gideon123 as usual! They are fantastic as always from Yuko.

(Sadly this thread is too long for me to catch up now too)

I saw that clip of her Dear J at SSA, and it was brilliant! Yuko's dancing was outstanding, she really brought something else to that song, which the other members haven't managed to. Its easily my favourite performance of it. Can't wait till the DVDs!

And speaking of SSA, Mariko-sama posted up a couple of nice photos of Yuko backstage:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

And a couple of the Oshiri sisters:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Kokuhaku

Kokuhaku Kenkyuusei

Since people (mostly fans) view them as rivals, they just can't appear to be close. They are actually closer than one would think, of course like you said, not particularly close. They are more like comrades, support each other but also keep a distance to constantly remind themselves that they are still rivals. I like their relationship, both sweet and bitter at the same time. I do agree with you about the competition, I do think she feels lost after that sudden departure of Acchan :(
    Plus, even outside AKB, they still have to compete as they both aim to be an actress and both in the same agency :XD:

4. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

You're welcome, people. :)

So yeah...UPDATE!!! ^_^

From BLOG48:

1.) [Oshima Yuko] The Duck That Passed Over The 24th Hour

And that's that!

As usual, you guys are welcome to post your questions, comments, and concerns. Also if you're up to it, you guys can try posting comments directly onto Yuko's blog. (I know I do. :) )

Until next time...G'NIGHT!!! ^_^ (Yay, Yuko! :approve: )

P.S. - Thanks for all the Yuko stuffs. :D

5. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

That's a lot of glitters. :hmm:

Their suspicious relationship is really getting on my nerves but as long as Korisu is happy I don't really mind that much maybe just jealous. :awesome:

Thanks gideon123

6. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy

In regards to her blog picture. You know i really dont mind her shorter hair as long as she does something with it. See she looks stunning in that pic. When she puts some style into i cant complain.

The one episode drama she stopped shooting that a few weeks ago right? She kind of confused me there with saying the one episode she was in. Or has she been shooting both at same time? Nah couldnt be.

7. YO_OY

YO_OY Member

@gideon123: Thanks for the translations. It looks like another filming done for her new drama and now, she'll have some time to play with Kojiharu but I do wonder what they're up to right now :hmm: .

From what you wrote, it kind of reminds me of the saying from the Art of War: "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer".

The one episode drama (Blackboard) was done filming about a couple of weeks ago and the ones that she's talking about now is her current drama, Kaeru no Ojou-sama (Princess of the Frog). Both should be airing very soon and I can't wait to see them :) .

@Jul3:
    Don't feel sad...at least you made up for it by coming back here :awesome: .

When I first heard about Yuko singing Dear J, I wasn't sure what to expect from her, but from that clip, I just loved it <3. She always find some way to take a song and make it her own way (e.g. Itoshisa no Accel from the Kohaku Battle).

Thanks for these pictures and I love all of them, especially the ones with the Oshiri Sisters :inlove: . Mayuyu looks great in that kimono and Yuko is just awesome in her poses.

I hate rumors (especially ones about Yuko), but there's a particular part of this article that was sad and funny at the same time:
    Ever since that time, she has put her guard up whenever she returns home. Someone who knows the idol took pity on her, “She can’t have her photo taken when she goes visit her boyfriend, and she can’t have her relationship publicized either. So now, she’d put a cardboard box over her head when she enters the apartment building. So if they take her photo, she can deny that it’s her since her face is not visible. She’d carry those disguises everywhere, and they are all pretty strange things. I really feel bad for her since people would know she’s not a normal person because of the cardboard box.”

Read more at Arama They Didn't: http://aramatheydidnt.livejournal.com/3 ... z1qTOdWE00

8. gideon123

You're welcome, people. :)

And about that article...

I'm still trying to wrap my head around that. Like...1.) she really has a boyfriend? And 2.) Wentz Eiji? Really? Like...really!? LOL, I seriously that was a rumor, haha!

Well, the first point shouldn't come as TOO big of a surprise since there was that one Naruhodo High School episode where old-school idols admitted to dating while being idols, so I wouldn't be surprised if Yuko or any of the other AKB girls are dating.

And as for Wentz...I really shouldn't judge, haha! I mean, frankly speaking...some part of me imagined that Yuko would end up dating a soccer player. But in all seriousness, if things are good then...hey, things are good, na mean?

(And in case it isn't obvious, I'm trying NOT to come off as insensitive and asinine as I may appear online since body language and tone of voice are sadly lost via the internet, ya know? But even in person, I'm sure I'd still be seriously upsetting some people, na mean? To you guys...I'm sorry.)

But yeah, if Yuko really does have a boyfriend (irrespective who he may really be), and she REALLY has to resort to a cardboard box over her head, then...dang girl. I don't even. :-/
    Whatevs man...whatevs. *shrugs*

9. Kokuhaku

Kokuhaku Kenkyuusei

Heck, is this rumor even for real? She's smart enough to not do stupid things like that. I mean, she's been in the idol industry for years, putting a cardboard over her head sounds like a desperate trick to me. Boyfriend, yes, why not, she's 23, I'd be surprised if she didn't have one in the past or so. But once they are idol, they all know better to not even enter into a relationship, especially those popular ones like her. See Mariko, no rumor, single and...26 years old :D
    Speaking of which, it seems like she's not the one in trouble at the moment. Tomochin is, some tabloid magazines put up an article about her and an Exile member being in a relationship. Their agencies even have to speak up [whew]

10. sergio_mario

sergio_mario Kenkyuusei

I actually have not heard or even knew something about the rumour. But It is actually a preety dangerous thing to do, especially trying to fool the people by putting a cardbox on her head ( which is a quite funny thing to do [hehe] ). But anyhow, I don't see why I should even care about it, even the rumour is true. She is old enough to get at least her first boyfriend in a long time since she have joined AKB, you know.
    So yeah, I don't really care about it actually. However I still be worry if the management take this seriously.

11. Voightkampff

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy

I think the rumor your refering to is from like 2010. Think it was just brought up because of Tomochins recent deal.

12. gideon123

The date on that Yuko article is March 4, 2012, which is long before the Tomochin incident.

Unless I'm missing some detail here.

13. Voightkampff

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy

Really?? You got a english page link to the article. Would like to read it. Was it on toykohive or something? I must have missed it. And normally i dont miss stuff Yuko related.

14. gideon123

Right here:

15. Kokuhaku

Kokuhaku Kenkyuusei

I think AKB always get some rumors regularly to heat things up (for better or worse). There are often "related" rumors (like after Takamina's mother incident, there was a rumor that Acchan splashing water to members who gossip about Takamina; another would be right after Yuko won the 2010 election, the dating rumor with Eiji Wentz started floating around) :^^;:
    So yeah, I won't take this seriously. It may be there because she got a lot of exposure at the time (quite a few announcements for upcoming dramas, movies with her participation)
    Even if I take it seriously, I think it's kinda funny [hehe]

16. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Poor Yuko, she was utterly sad...well, all the members were... :cry: I guess that she's still shocked, but I wonder how she will feel when Acchan is not longer there, when she becomes the focus of all glances...
    She would need more time to make that song hers...however, it was like a volcano's eruption, far hotter than Tomochin's performances... :nb:
    Yes... [hehe]

17. gideon123

So yeah...UPDATE!!! ^_^

From BLOG48:

1.) [Oshima Yuko] Where We Were When the Three of Us Got Together...

And that's that!

As usual, you guys are welcome to post your questions, comments, and concerns. Also if you're up to it, you guys can try posting comments directly onto Yuko's blog. (I know I do. :) )

Until next time...G'NIGHT!!! ^_^ (Yay, Yuko! :approve: )

P.S. - Part of me kinda wants to believe that the rumor's true since the bit with the cardboard box just sounds too ridiculous to not let be real, ya know? But another part of me also knows that eventually the novelty will die down, and I just won't care anymore whether the rumor's true or not, na mean? Oh well. *shrugs*

18. YO_OY

YO_OY Member

@gideon123: Thanks for the translations. It's great to see Karina, Yuko and Yuriko back together one last time for the drama release and Karina and Yuko seemed pretty excited. However, Yuriko looked less than enthused about the entire event :( . I guess I won't be getting the DVD because it's just too expensive to import it :nothappy: .

You know, I kind of just laugh at the idea of Yuko putting a cardboard box on her head because it just seem ridiculous but at the same time, just ingenious :awesome: . I could imagine what it would look like if I was her neighbor and I wouldn't blame them for freaking out about seeing someone with a box on their head. As for her relationship with Eiji Wentz :glare: , if she likes him, then she likes him. I mean, many guys here in this forum and around the world wouldn't have a shot with dating her (of course, you probably have a shot at asking her out :lol: ). The rumors don't really bother me as much because after reading about some of the members of AKB48 being on dates in private, it doesn't surprise me anymore and as long as she doesn't get herself in trouble, I'm fine with whatever makes her happy.

NG clip of Watashi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu with Yuko:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbt1TavRzC0[/yt]

19. Micchipyon

Micchipyon Kenkyuusei

About the rumor...

I don't know if it's true or not, but if it's true.. It's Yuko's own decision if she wants to date someone.
    And I don't mind about Yuko dating someone, as long as she doesn't get in any trouble..
    I just want her to be happy.

But yeah.. the cardboard box thing sounds ridiculous...
    It would be kinda weird to see a person walking with a cardboard box on her (or his) head.. o_o

20. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand

whoa whoa whoa... Speak for yourself, I've got a family planned with Yuko if Sashii gets taken by Yic. *evils* :D

No, but in all seriousness can someone care to explain to me what this Tomochin incident is? I seem to be quite slow at picking these kinds of stuff up off the internet.

Hmm, but I feel sorry for Yuko. If she really wants to go through that much trouble to have a boyfriend, then why doesn't she just quit AKB. I mean, at the moment if she is dating that supposed guy, then she's risking her own reputation and the reputation of AKB48. I mean, if this rumour does get confirmed, it's gonna spread like wildfire. and it's not just gonna be Nacchan level, it'll be much... much... worse. But of course I want Yuko to stay in AKB, but if who ever that guy really means that much to her that she'll put a cardboard box over her head just to see him, then I think it's time to part ways with AKB, as I don't see AKB bending the rules any time soon, and if it does get confirmed, management isn't gonna be lenient either.

Oh well, idol's will always be idols. [hehe]