Single AKB48 26th [Manatsu no Sounds Good] 12/05/23

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Tomokazu, Mar 24, 2012.

1. A93x

A93x Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    lol.. that PV, it looked like a mix between war (looked like some girls were getting sniped or something [shake] and then there's the bikini dancing. I don't really get it, but i'm not sure i like it too much so far. oh well.

as for the covers, they're ok, if nothing special. Jurina's ass getting touched in type B regular :hehe: but i really dislike the font on the covers. It's like bikini/beach themed cover, and then there's some random crappy spiderman font from Paint used on the sides

2. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I think it's an analogy about old gen/new gen but I'm forever butthurt at them placing Yui in old gen when she was such a promising rising star last year :cry: I'm sorry Chiyuu, but I'm gonna have to vote for Yui this year because it looks like she's not in media senbatsu anymore and I can't deal with her not being pushed anymore [speechless]

3. Jun

Jun Kenkyuusei

At first looks like there is someone sniping the girls, but by the song effects I don't think it is. And that scene with the mouth to mouth would be strange with this setting

and lol, what a difference between the dance scenes and the rest. It's the complete opposite

lol :lol:

4. support

support Kenkyuusei

who are the people on the theater version? I only recognise 3 of them...

From the preview I'm completely certain I know the storyline:

The young girls are lead by mayu and are just a bunch of schoolkids who were travelling to their sports day (hence sports clothes)when their coach driver turned into a rabbit and jumped into a hole

Mayuyu being the plucky, adventurous and not too smart main character that all PV friendly heroines need to be, led the youngsters into the hole as well...

They landed on top of their corresponding older AKB members, cue comical scene of PV, who were none too pleased to see them, especially Acchan who shall personify every single emo character she had ever played but this time angrier and frankly more interesting

older AKB members were trapped by the evil nogizuka 46 girls who had used the powers of their banned dance move to send them to a destitute land where they were forced to survive in the wilderness (hence weird clothes and dirt and random desert)

The older AKBers had used up the last of their wota powers to send for help and it had just sent them a bunch of freshies, they are not happy

Long montage of the younger girls proving themselves and gaining the trust of the older akbers, especially dramatic moment when acchan finally smiles at mayu

older akbers can only leave if they cross a desert to a door, unfortunately their nogizuka counterparts have snipers that steal idol souls at the ready and refuse to let the girls leave since it's part of their evil plans to wait till akb fall into obscurity with time for them to take over

Acchan and older girls agree to sacrifice themselves to let the younger girls leave since they believe the girls only had one bullet for each person, they get ready to run...

(and FINALLY the music starts)
    lots of running and falling, older akbers realise the enemies had more bullets (la gasp) younger akbers realise what's going on and run to rescue them
    (music stops)

acchan does a super corny, cheesy weird speech imploring mayuyu not to do it, follow by a huge 'nooooooo' etc etc

(music starts)
    youngsters don't listen....duh...lots of running, falling, fanservice etc...it looks like all hope is lost especially when acchan shields mayuyu from a shot and falls....

aki-p appears in a halo and tutu and implores for peace among mankind, he berates the nogizuka girls for using their illegal dance moves for evils and the girls are chastened and releases the souls they had trapped

The akbers, alive and well again, held up their hands to their saviour.....who nods wisely before fading away, they finally reach the door and burst through....

onto a beach where they dance and sing the finale....until the very last moment when all the girls wake up from their dream....

(music ends)

and mayuyu notices her dirty sports clothes on a chair with a portion ripped off for when she tried to save Acchan

There! everything makes sense now, no need to thank me for telling you the whole story...oh who am I kidding, this won't ever make sense! [shake]

5. straawbeeryy

straawbeeryy Kenkyuusei

So is everything in this song about the analogy of old senbatsu vs. future senbatsu?
    Thoughs about PV: It looks like to me the new senbatsu is somehow "saving" the old senbatsu. Or I could be wrong. Like everyone else, interesting pv... I would've liked more colorful bikinis though. Why all white? It is summer afterall.
    Cover: The cover... is such a mess. I like A limited (Atsumina! :)), but too bad I didn't preorder limited and went for regular. Blehh. Well, regular is fine too.

Acchan's last single with AKB doesn't seem too good to me now...

6. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

Explanation of the MV from Tokyohive article

But I like the other explanation by support better XD
    Basically it's the young ones turn to lead now.

7. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    Takajyo Aki, Sashihara Rino, Matsui Rena, Yamamoto Sayaka, Kimoto Kanon, Jo Eriko, Kodama Haruka and the last Im not secure but I guess is Yamauchi Suzuran.

8. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    K... new gen can gtfo.

Also. Everyday, Kachuusha costumes. What?

9. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    I found this video...

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1Jmg4jZvAE[/yt]

10. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    I'm assuming it's symbolic. it's been a year, and things have changed.. or something to that effect.
    No doubts there will be an epicly long PV appears for this.

11. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

The burnt Ebi uniforms is symbolic for the older gen?
    Either way I'm loving the video already. It's different from what we get with our usually summer video and if they're already going hardcore with Managuu I can't wait to see the real dark video in the fall.

12. kenziekinz

kenziekinz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I'm forever confused. And I wish they had different bathing suits, they're just so bleh.

13. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    i think the symbolism in the video is that young girls in bikinis and election tickets sell cds. :D

after watching nmb's nagiichi... why does this feel like the same thing?

14. Allocer

Allocer Kenkyuusei

Bikini's sell.

15. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand
    Hmm, pv seems interesting. I just wished they'd stick a little more to the theme of the song. Then again, they never relate the video to the music for the senbatsu singles. :lol:

And as for the covers, is that Sashii in theatre version cover?!?!?!

16. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Judging from the covers, I think I'll get the Theatre version just because Rena is in it (also because the other versions look kinda meh-ish :/)

Not view the PV yet....will do later.

:awesome:

17. straawbeeryy

straawbeeryy Kenkyuusei

How sweet. ;__;
    At least the pv is the saving grace. Still bitter about the cover though (damn me for caring too much about covers in general >___>)

Attached Files:

18. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

Just to note that I think you got Limited and Regular Editions the wrong way around.

19. saika.city

saika.city Kenkyuusei

There are so many girls, that in the full PV, they probably won't show, but in a whole of just all of them. The covers look so boring and so does the font. I'm disappointed with them, but at least the song is still totally awesome itself, I'm fine (sort of). The preview of the PV looks so weird. I wish the covers were way better...(and same with the PV still even if it's only a preview).

20. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    Two images that are worth a thousand words.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]