Single AKB48 26th [Manatsu no Sounds Good] 12/05/23

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Tomokazu, Mar 24, 2012.

1. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    In fact, the one who got the covers the wrong way around is Oricon. Nyanholic was quite right in his post (probably unintentionally so). Makes more sense that the ones with the members standing would be regular edition.
    Once more, to clarify things:

Regular Edition Type A / B

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Limited First Press Type A / B

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Theater Edition

[​IMG]

(source: King Records)

2. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    As another note, I got my information from the ORICON website about which were Regular and which were Limited edition covers. This information directly contradicts what the KING RECORDS website states are the Limited and Regular Edition covers.

Oricon: http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/music/2010382/
    King Records: http://www.kingrecords.co.jp/cs/g/gKIZM-151/

KING RECORDS states that the "hugging" covers are the REGULAR editions, whilst the "circle" covers are the LIMITED editions.

I'm hoping for further clarification and for Oricon to correct their information if it is wrong.

3. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    This PV is interesting all for the fact I can't imagine what its really all about, surprise surprise until full PV released. :hmm:

And the uni-color Bikini seems to be a lame idea. Summer is more closely associated with bright colors. Oh well that's the strangeness that has propel AKB this far.

I hope someone won't ask who's who because its gonna be hard to point them out.

4. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand
    What do you mean all uni colored bikinis? All I see is Sashii in a bikini holding hands with akicha. :drool: :cute:

5. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    Umm... what's with the PV? I'll wait for the full-version before I start lashing out my judgement, but I thought this was supposed to be a summer PV, not something straight out of a darker-themed fall release (RIVER, Beginner, KazeFui). The contrasts between pretty girls prancing and dancing happily on the beach aka. most -48 summer PVs, and girls getting BOOM HEADSHOT! by fps_doug in a CoD4 world right after the conclusion of EbiKatsu's PV, just looks real awkward at the moment.

Covers are boring across the board (see below).

This is one of my major problems with all the covers. Not only this, but c'mon - another bikini cover? Yes, I know it has sexual appeal for nearly every single man out there, but where's the creativity? I don't want my limited edition covers to look like a blatant SakuKi ripoff, nor my regular covers to look like a PoniShu ripoff, either.

6. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Am I the only one who is pleased with the PV preview and the covers? :awesome:

People and their expectations, seriously... :nothappy:

I am personally glad that this is the copy that most of us will definitely buy multiple copies of... I'm personally looking forward to stacking them up, like lego, to the shape of a house or a pyramid or something...

Flaunt those bikini covers on your walls and your shelves with much gusto dammit!

Now if only those Limited ones would return to pre-order... already...

7. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    I wonder if that's what your place looks like. Can I come visit? :awesome:

Yes mate, we have high expectations ;)

8. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

I like how Akicha is in the same position as Acchan and Mayuyu on the covers... XD /bias

Randomguest, you're not gonna get one of the ones with Yukirin too? =(

---

LOL Interesting story.

Mayuyu push is pretty obvious... lol Considering everyone around her popularity ranking and higher is around Acchan's age or older, except her, it makes sense too.

I hope the older girls don't leave too fast though... I don't want to see them dropping so fast... >.< New generation, cool. But I don't want a full on replacement right away... XD Ease into it. lol

---

As for the PV preview... I'm not sure what to make of some scenes... lol But it's umm interesting. =P

---

All I know is that I absolutely need to get my hands on the TE for this. Akichaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa <3 <3 <3

lol

9. straawbeeryy

straawbeeryy Kenkyuusei

I can't agree with you more. My expectation for this single comes from the fact that it'll be Acchan's last single with AKB. I expected it to be unforgettable... or at least original. I didn't need another rip off. Nagiichi is already ripping off PonyShu so I expected AKB to do something different. But they ended up ripping off PonyShu too (just a little, but still ripping off). Can I complain about the bikini again? Why the heck is it all white? Then again, if it was colorful, it'd be like Kachuusha and PonyShu. Ah, at least something is different...

10. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

My quick & brief take on AKB new single PV [hehe] (no offense intended for any other girl, of course)

After years of fighting each others for center position, EbiKachu senbatsu team are exhausted to the verge of burning out, with Acchan shouting in distress and stuff. Right at that point, Nezumi-sama, being the magnificent badass villain herself, led her Nezumi-army to rap. save the older girls. Some moles.... CPR scenes, Nezumi-sama decided she doesn't want any competitor for center position, so she poisoned some of her own Nezumi-army anyway. In the end, Nezumi, blessed with center holy water, smiling happily with her harem, moves to the new era :3

If that's what the PV supposed to mean then I'm happy with it :awesome: talk about symbolism in my bias group PV :hehe:
    (again, jk, no offense intended for any other girl)

11. saika.city

saika.city Kenkyuusei

The regular covers look better than the limited, so I'm just happy about that....well, yay. xD

12. Zobii

Zobii Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    Sure I wouldn't mind but I don't actually have a "place" since I'm a fortnightly transient with most of my things packed in a storage facility... but I'll post a photo of whatever structure I form when I get enough CD cases for that, if that's what you wanted to see. [nod]

Nice one. However, I wasn't talking about the quality of one's expectations and standards. I was talking about AKB fans complaining about AKB's predictability and when one fails to predict this they complain too. Damned if they do and damned if they don't. Maybe Aki-P's been trolling everyone because he hates us all, already. I hope he makes next summer's senbatsu CD in Siberia. :twisted:

13. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Some nice big versions of the covers. The official site now lists them too.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    i really like the girl in white.

15. Allocer

Allocer Kenkyuusei

I couldn't have said it better myself. Hats off to you sir.

16. Yukohime

Yukohime Kenkyuusei

I'm kinda disappointed with the covers :( I expected something new and exciting! The bikinis are kinda overrated, it feels like been there, done that, kinda thing. lol

17. wasshoi2011

wasshoi2011 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Mayuyu...looks so amazing <3 I like the bikinis even though they are all white.. so excited for this

18. Allocer

Allocer Kenkyuusei

Oh well. I took advantage of YesAsia's taking their time before selling out of the LE copies and I put money in my bank today and was about to buy my LE copies and RE copies today, but they sold out finally. Oh well. I'm really angry with myself. If only I had been sooner..

19. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand
    Thanks for sharing the photos, these covers look spectacular inn HD :drool:

20. newAKB48fanboy

newAKB48fanboy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakadakana
    I don't mind the bikinis but they're so...plain & not colorful & fun like the EbiKachu or PonytoShuShu
    but will get type A because of Kojima :inlove:

have mixed feelings seeing the new generation of AKB. Mayuyu being branded the new ace of AKB is...kind of interesting but not really unexpected.