[3DS Game] AKB48+Me (2012-10-25)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ithebigc, Apr 18, 2012.

1. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Official site- http://akb48me.com/

HMV link

-------------------

Details are still slowly trickling out since the existence of the game was only revealed in a flying get, but AKB48's next game will be on the 3DS. It will be published by Kadokawa Games instead of Namco Bandai, like the PSP games.

Success Mode
    It will feature Miis (those deformed looking Nintendo avatar thingys) instead of real photos/videos of the girls like in past PSP games. You play the role of a person trying to become an AKB member yourself, interacting with the other members over the course of 3 years. Events include normal events that AKB participates in, like TV shows, handshake events, and performances, which will be controlled in the form of a rhythm game.

Theater Mode
    Sounds like a side mode, but you can make your own stages and try on outfits, apparently.

It will be released sometime in 2012.

Warning: The 3DS is region locked, unlike the PSP. Unless you have a Japanese 3DS, you WILL NOT be able to play this game. And if you buy a Japanese 3DS, you can't play NTSC/PAL games on it either.

Honestly, I'm semi-interested, but I can't get myself as excited for this as for the past 2 games. 1, I don't really care for Miis - I think they look ugly as hell and not cute at all, so using them for a whole game doesn't seem fun. 2, I don't feel like buying a 3DS for 1 game. It's highly unlikely that I'll play any other Japanese games, so the 3DS would be an expensive paperweight after finishing this one. Not to mention, Nintendo is probably going to revise their 3DS within a year or two as they're so fond of doing. I have no idea why they chose the 3DS instead of taking advantage of the 5 inch OLED screen on the Vita [wonder] I want AKB game...in HD.

2. Rena_012

Rena_012 Kenkyuusei

Re: [3DS Game] AKB48+Me (2012)

I am disappointed to hear it's on the 3DS too (since like you mentioned it is region-locked). I would have to buy one as well. Perhaps they'll release a bundle like they did with the PSP.

The idea of the game seems pretty fun, but I wish it was on PSP or Vita as well >.< I don't like DS games!

But I am still really excited and if they release a bundle, I hope I can get it! [rock] I like that they release games since the PSP games are how I got interested in AKB to begin with :)

3. czy

czy Kenkyuusei

Looks interesting, Im hoping they will release it on the psp platform as well [rock]

4. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

The gameplay sounds interesting. But yeah .. not a fan of the Mii's either. :(

5. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

SCREW REGION LOCKS

GAHHHHH

I really want this game... ;_;

I ranted with large red text on H!O about the region locks. I won't do it again anywhere else but like... UGHHHHHHH

The game sounds so GOOD. If I can someday, somehow get a Japanese 3DS then I'll get this... >.<

---

On another note, a thought just occurred to me, since they are using miis, maybe they will release QR codes to download them? I dunno, wishful thinking maybe but I don't think miis themselves are region locked...? (I could be wrong.) But if not then it'd be cool to be able to download them. LOL Though who knows if that would become possible or not. hmm...

6. NaNa_JuuIchi

NaNa_JuuIchi Kenkyuusei

It sounds like Idol M@ster [rock]

7. Angelii

Angelii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kishinorika
  8. rini_ribbon

rini_ribbon Kenkyuusei

That's such a cute game idea, but the characters are somewhat scary looking. ww
    I wonder if all of the members will appear or just senbatsu?
    Originally I was excited to hear it was 3DS, since I need more games for it, but now... STUPID REGION LOCK.

9. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop

Oh no... AKB48 with Miis... [shock]

10. Li Li

Li Li Kenkyuusei

Would have been a must buy if it wasn't fo Nintendo and their stupid region locking. Seriously Nintendo...wake up and join us in the present day instead of the past! Here's hoping for a new AKB game on the PSV!!

11. vergil

vergil Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kashiwagi Yuki

I'm skipping this game too. Would rather wait for the next game to appear on the PSV.

12. aces

aces Kenkyuusei

Awww noooo I wish this would be released in English :( (fat chance though....) it looks like so much fun! I really love the idea behind the game--I was kind of confused when I heard about the last couple games 'cause they didn't really sound like "games," if you will, but this one sounds like a lot of fun. Miis are kind of tacky looking but I am actually pretty impressed by how well they captured the girls in that scan, I can actually tell who everyone is.

Still... region-locked AND on the 3DS.... what a bummer.

13. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15

I'm just gonna pretend that says AKB to SKE 1/94 in Okinawa for PSP

14. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc

Hey, I demand NMB in there too :blush: AKB to SKE to NMB 1/(however many members there are in AKB, SKE, NMB together). Gotta get Nana, Milky and Sayanee in there too, you know ;D Seriously, that'd be an epic PS Vita game.

15. petelechem

petelechem Kenkyuusei

How could you guys forget HKT too? :) Don't want JKT, maybe only Melody and Jessica :)

It looks quite cool, might make me buy a JP 3DS as I would also be able to get New Love Plus then too :)

16. oddball

oddball Member

yep region lock sucks bananas, not that I have a 3ds but I could buy one for this and then only be able to play Jap games on it, annoying! :hmm:

17. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

Not sure if I'll get it...

but, goodness the Maeda mii cracks me up; it's so spot on.

18. dreamscape

dreamscape Kenkyuusei

Man, I wish I could get this...if it was for NMB, I'd want it even more... :(

19. 09lojh1

09lojh1 Kenkyuusei

I'd def go for a game on the vita as well... but thats not up to me ==

it would be interesting since nintendo has so much DLC though... maybe later we can end up adding on NMB or SKE, HKT.... or even SDN content? I spose AKB in 3d is something new... though yea, I expected something more than mii's orz

20. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

I'm just commenting cause I LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE. Where is it from? Pray tell please.

Anyway this game seems really interesting. I'd play it for sure. :inlove: