Single AKB48 26th [Manatsu no Sounds Good] 12/05/23

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Tomokazu, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Whassup

Whassup Kenkyuusei

At the end of the day, it's all speculations until something really happens, I could not care less if Aki-P/the director is foreshadowing any future graduations/replacements in the PV, but if they are, then so be it. Mayuyu's gonna be centre? Fine with that. Jurina's gonna take Yuko's place? Totally happy with that (in fact I'll be ecstatic :awesome:). Every 1st/2nd Gen is gonna graduate in the very near future? We can't do anything but wish them luck in their future endeavours. In the end it's all Aki-P's decision, fans' opinion constitutes a smaller factor in his choice for the group.

2. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

yukirin as supporter was given by aki-p as the producer,
    but
    when come to sousenkyou event, its different story, we as fans should take control.
    off course, this year i hope yukirin got 1#.

3. shirorin

shirorin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    I like Mayu but if she becomes the new center then I'm pretty sure I won't follow AKB anymore. Oh well, at least I'll have more time and resources to follow Arashi. [hehe]

I like the song but I'm not too sure about the pv. I like the beach scene but not the other weird scenes... This is definitely not what I hoped for Acchans last single so I'm hoping she'll participate on at least one more, maybe after the election? I don't think she will, though. [worried]

4. Starshard

Starshard Kenkyuusei

Woah, how can you put both "like Mayu" and "if she becomes the new center then I'm pretty sure I won't follow AKB anymore" in the same sentence :( I'm biased, but I can't see how it can be that bad with Mayuyu being center ._." Acchan haters still follow AKB, you know. I don't think there will be many drastically changes at the same time in AKB songs or how the group works after Acchan leave, regardless of who the new center is.

5. shirorin

shirorin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    ^
    I really do like Mayu a lot! I just don't like her as center because I think her image too cute for that. Manatsu no Sounds Good already feels too weird for me so I know it'll be worse when Acchan is gone. Of course I'll continue to support the girls I like (and there are a lot of them, including Mayuyu) but as a group, I highly doubt they'll be interesting to me anymore. I'd like to explain my opinions better but somehow I find my thoughts being lost in translation since English isn't my first language even though I'm basically fluent.

6. ChrisjinXIII

ChrisjinXIII Kenkyuusei

My dream has finally come true! Mayu X Maeda!!! :inlove: [party]

I'm not big on covers and stuff like that, I actual like the covers and I haven't really hated on any of the covers previous to this. The PV looks awesome and once again Mayu x Maeda!!!!!!!! [rock]

7. Discothèque

Discothèque Member

Oshimen:
    anaichihiro
    Twitter:
    _ohmyArin
    Regarding the covers:

I don't think they're bad but I'm just really not a fan of the font. It looks weird and out of place. I don't mind the lack of colors to be honest, I like my covers clean and tidy. For some reason I prefer the circle ones over the hugging ones. Too bad they're out of stock everywhere.

Regarding the pv:

The white bikini's are fine with me, they look more unified in it compared to the clusterfuck of colors in ebikatsu. I'm not so sure about the violent scenes but I hope they will make more sense once the full pv is out.
    To be honest I hoped we would get a summer single pv without bikini's for a change but the girls all look great so you won't hear me complaining about that.

Regarding old gen/new gen

I'm not really surprised by mayuyu's position to be honest but I'm not sure if this means she will be the center in pv's after this one + the election single. It might depend on if and when Yuko and co will graduate I guess.

Of course I'm really happy with the fact that Karen looks to have a great position in the pv and the dance but I do get why people feel annoyed that she's there instead of some of the more popular team 4 girls. I really hope other girls (juri, ricchan etc) will get an opportunity like she has, cause all the girls deserve it.

8. straawbeeryy

straawbeeryy Kenkyuusei

I think Mayu being the next center shouldn't be that big of a surprise. Couple with the fact that Acchan's graduation was supposed to be last year and MG2, the future was right in front of our faces the entire time. Damn, Aki-P got this whole thing planned out for a while now huh?

9. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    You're right... MSG has been allegory for AKB48 this entire time... Maeda takes out all her rivals and claims the top spot. Then she gives up her spot to challenge herself.

In the last episode leaving it to Jurina and Mayu, with all the other Kami7 members having left already... :D

Leaves a gap with her leaving Yui in charge.. especially as for some reason Yui is no where to be seen on any of the covers... despite that large push last year.

10. sonsam

sonsam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I agree with you! I love to see both Mayuyu and Acchan together! <3 I never saw them together like this.

11. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    I'm just happy because it's such a...passing of the torch. We knew it'd come eventually, and I mean, wow, this looks pretty grand.

What a year of reform.

12. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

It's a little awkward passing the torch to the new gen COMPLETELY though... The others aren't going anywhere yet - the older girls I mean.

While we don't know how much time they have left, I think it'd be a terrible idea for them all to go too soon... lol

I do wonder about the lack of Yui on the covers though. @.@

13. notsolittlej

notsolittlej Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    qurlsday

I totally agree. It is indeed awkward. And I hate how people take the PV so literally. Symbolisms or not it's just a freakin' PV. And at the end of the day it doesn't mean anything. Just because Acchan is leaving, it doesn't mean that every other 1st generation member will do so. Except for Mariko and Sayaka (unfortunately) who are kinda older (though I really can't see how 24 is old [wonder] ) I think the rest of them of them have 2-3 years life span left as idols. Plus, if they were all of them to graduate soon AKB would collapse no doubt about it. And yeah, Mayu is obviously being pushed as center, but you all know that if the fans don't want her to be the face of AKB, then she won't be. Unless all of 1st generation members mass graduate or something, I don't really see Mayu getting 1st at the senbatsu elections. In a couple of years maybe, I mean it's only natural and she is the perfect candidate if you ask me ;) , but now I don't think she stands a chance against Yuko and Yukirin.

14. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

everybody dont be angry n take the pv literally.

this pv actually means whatever aki-p has decided, the girls will believe him n follow,
    cuz become top is important but not as important as become the IDOL itself.

wakaru ka?!

15. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

I LOVE HOW MANATSU NO SOUNDS GOOD IS BASICALLY A BIKINI DANCE PV CROSSED WITH AN ALIEN INVASION BLOCKBUSTER MOVIE

That said, this single is defnitely preparation for the future of AKB. It's a long term investment. It's not suggesting a mass graduation but it's just showing the fact that they will have to leave one day. And I like all the new girls they are pushing. I approve of them all. 2012 is really an era of change and I'm so excited to be part of this AKB REVOLUTION.

As expected (to me at least), Mayu is the new Acchan. Love Paruru and Renacchi too. I totally did not expect to see the two foreign exchange students and all the newly promoted girls to be the New Ship of AKB48. It’s like they are shafting all the preexisting members for them. I love how much shade is being thrown at all the irrelevant members. Good Job Aki-P. And a huge sigh of relief that Fresh Lemon isn’t media senbatsu. I was so afraid of her being everywhere. Really surprised by Annin's position but she's gorgeous so I'm perfectly happy with it too. Especially if she's going to be paired with Tomoqueen. I'm so mad that Tomoqueen is reduced to rank 6 for this pv but I guess it's good that they are at least acknowledging Yukirin's election results instead of snubbing her and putting her at the back row as usual. Tomoqueen shall let this slide for once and be gracious to Yukirin.

16. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

ohtapro has begun preparing annin for future investment.

17. straawbeeryy

straawbeeryy Kenkyuusei

Can I just say how unfair this single is to Miichan, a first gen member? Not even getting in media senbatsu and on the cover with the other first gen members. I mean, she was already overshadowed by the older gen members in the first place and now she's being shafted in favor of the new gen members? That's just not right. ;__;

18. Allocer

Allocer Kenkyuusei

She's barely anywhere to be seen too. ;-;

I mean I have to SEARCH for her, which is unacceptable.

19. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    It's pretty unfair for sure, but it really would have happened eventually, that's for sure. Idols don't last forever, and really, this is just one single, and we'll be back to our normal 16 woman one in July and back to a AKB centric one in October. Unless Aki-P continues to push the envelope, I don't see Miichan of all people getting shafted this early in favor the young ones. Of course, Team 4 will have a larger role for the rest of the year with AKB singles, but unless Aki-P drastically pushes Annin, Kato, Kawaei, Juri etc, then I doubt Miichan will get booted after this.

20. irontech

irontech Next Girls

Found this clip on yt, some news preview of it, for those who have not seen it yet.

(sorry if this was a repost)

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phyT9lLLITw[/yt]