Single AKB48 26th [Manatsu no Sounds Good] 12/05/23

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Tomokazu, Mar 24, 2012.

1. support

support Kenkyuusei

wow...is it just me or did the preview show so much more than the actual PV? Is this director famous for movies that are so deep he doesn't even understand it himself or did he accidentally leave the vital parts on the cutting room floor? At least I was right about Acchan being emo again :blink:

2. ichiban kawaii

ichiban kawaii Kenkyuusei

just saw the full PV and i must say that it was enjoyable to watch! there really wasn't much screentime for members other than mayu and atsuko though.

3. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    MP3 ripped from high quality PV. Extra parts edited out: http://www.mediafire.com/?q7d3ef313l7k693

-----

Mmm .. not sure if I get the story part of the PV .. but at the very least, I think it was visually stunning - both the intro part and the beach part. All the girls looked absolutely amazing .. but .. ESPECIALLY ACCHAN!! Woah .. was she beautiful. So yeah, personally I really liked the PV simply for the EYE CANDY!! :inlove:

4. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Watched PV - little off topic question - Have Takamina ever worn proper bikini without short skirt in any published videos or pics?

5. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

This pv is amazing.

This is the beauty and absurdity that is what AKB48 is all about for me. That and they have given God the central place she deserves. (Watanabe Mayu is god.)

6. akb48

akb48 Kenkyuusei

Yeah,on magazines and stuff but I like her with a short skirt better :p

Oh forgot to mention.. Takamina looks so cute! :cute:

7. straawbeeryy

straawbeeryy Kenkyuusei

After rewatching, the part the still gets me is why did Acchan cover Mayu's eyes on the bike? Well, assuming that it was Acchan's hands in the first place... it couldn't have been anyone else. At least I think. >__>

8. sonsam

sonsam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I watched the full pv! I liked it but, I'm confused. Is there a going to be a drama version of the pv. I think they need one! Mayuyu and Acchan! <3

9. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

The PV is... just weird.
    WTH did I watch? Some apocalyptic sh#t then goes to bikini-clad members dancing on beach back to Mayu helping Acchan.

Anyone notice how the older members' bikinis were a faded yellow color whilst the newer members had white bikinis?

Some comments suggested that it's the new guard taking over the older guard.

Isn't Mayu from a younger gen before Sasshi? Sasshi wore the yellow bikini while Mayu wore white. How can Mayu be part of the newer generation?

The song was pretty catchy but the PV itself made no friggin' sense :fp:

10. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand
    i can't don't understand the pv, I wish there would beta official indepth explanation about the video.

and... damnit to whoevers the director, cut the crap of not showing sashii at all in the pv. [boom] you can stop this bloody tradition of not showing Sashii at all on the music videos. [boom] :angry:

11. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

The older girls represent the “old AKB,” that’s why they’re wearing burned EbiK clothes from last year. The younger girls represent the future of AKB. They’re working hard to save the older ones meaning in the future, AKB will be depending on them, but the younger one still need the older ones to guide them so they tried to save them, perform CPR etc.

The media called this the “Heaven and Hell” concept so I’m guessing whatever place they’re in, it’s like “hell.” By carrying the older ones and going up the mountain/hole, they’re rising out of hell. What wait for them is heaven (popularity, dream fulfilled, happiness) but it won’t happen without suffering. That’s why everyone was coughing up smoke blood. Through their sufferings, they arrived at heaven (and I guess Japanese’s heaven look like a beach with kawaii bikini girls ;P)

Since this is AKB, I'm expecting a longer drama ver :D

12. Jun

Jun Kenkyuusei

Yea, I think it's Acchan.

My thoughts about the PV:

I think the girls dying in mysterious ways symbolize the graduation, which can come suddenly or planned

The scene with only Mayuyu alive symbolize the center position. She must bear the pain of see her friends graduating

Mayuyu trying to save Acchan symbolize her worries and her desire for the things stay the same, stopping her from graduate

Acchan covering Mayuyu eyes it's like her saying: "It's ok, don't worry. Everything will be fine"

13. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    First two minutes of the video with falling debris or whatever that is got me thinking this is some kinda space related video I more closely associated with the Gundam series. Then we got the crater and got me thinking that Acchan and company came from outer space or just fought some battles outside earth then goes Mayuyu and co saving them.

Shit, there's some kind of a virus of something they got and infected the others more related to those post apocalyptic zombie movie with those skin discoloration and dying stuff.

I think the Ebikatsu costume somehow reflects the last election and somehow we got the answer for the question Who will replace Acchan.

Hmph... I just skip the dance I don't expect any synchronized choreography given the numbers and the uneven surface they're into.

Oh well no choice, despite being unimpressed, but to buy the single since its election time.

14. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    I thought it was pretty straightforward. The older gen are on their way out and the new gen are coming in to assist them and eventually take the mantle. Of course, this is just Acchan, but in a different sense it's about everyone and how AKB has expanded into a group where someone like Acchan or Yuko doesn't have to carry the burden anymore. It's one big family, and seeing all 4 groups helping each other out is just a fun feeling to watch.

Of course, the tokusatsu is just added icing onto the cake. Everything else is just pretty straightforward.

15. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand
    Ah, yeah I've read lots of above comments about theories of the video, but I'd like to hear from the director himself what this videos about, and what he tried to deliver to us.

Btw, anyone downloaded the 1080p version on Hello!Online? I really really desperately want it, but damn thing tells me to wait a day. :angry:

Edit: Jk, some kind soul decided to upload it onto a different site.

Here's the link if anyone else is having problems with H!O's stupid restrictions. :angry:
    http://akb48m.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/pv ... -h264.html

16. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

17. dreamscape

dreamscape Kenkyuusei

Now that I've seen the full PV, I really like it. It's got such an interesting storyline implied... [clap]

I'm thinking that the original members had to battle something with special power (hence the meteor-thingys in the sky and the marks on their hands), but their strength has been exhausted, so some of them choose to end it themselves by taking something that makes their powers vanish and kills them in the process, while others are instead killed by the disappearance of their powers. In the meantime, Acchan apparently isn't exhausted enough to die, which is why she's struggling along with Mayuyu.

I'm thinking that when Acchan puts her hands over Mayuyu's eyes, it's a metaphor for her telling Mayuyu about how things used to be in the past. That explains the direct cut to the beach dancing, which - being bright and sunny, a gigantic contrast to the subdued tones of the other scenes - seems to be taking place in a different time, probably the past. And then their seeing the other girls is basically a "the cavalry's here" shot [hehe]

To some extent, this is a metaphoric explanation of the way AKB works, with a fantastic sort of storyline attached for dramatic purposes. I think it works pretty well, because the hands-over-eyes thing serves as a transition into the bikini shots, as opposed to cutting cold-turkey into the other side of things like the preview did.

18. Jun

Jun Kenkyuusei

Yes. But in this scene Mayuyu was looking all the girls dying and I had the impression that this girl standing alone were the next and last one to die. So only Mayuyu managed to survive, taking Acchan with her.

19. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

Besides the subtle hint of the old senbatsu members being replaced by the newer senbatsu members...

1. What does it have to do with the girls dancing in bikinis on a beach in Guam? :confused:

2. Why is Mayu considered part of the newer generation like the newer members when she entered AKB before Sasshi who is lying down like the rest of the older, popular members?? :shock:

This is one seriously messed-up PV!
    Aki-p trolled the fandom :hmm:

The song is catchy, though [hehe]

20. kenziekinz

kenziekinz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I will never understand.