[MOVIE] - [Documentary of AKB48 "Show Must Go On"] 12/01/27

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ckd, Dec 11, 2011.

1. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Kenkyuusei

Re: [MOVIE] Documentary of AKB48 - Show Must Go On - 1/27/20

I haven't watched any of this stuff yet. Are these from Documentary of AKB48 +1?

If I understand correctly, that is the documentary hosted on NHK? Is there different stuff in it than in Documentary of AKB48 show must go on, or is it the same thing just shrunk down?

2. hikki

hikki Kenkyuusei

^ Completely different; the links you posted are from the NHK special. I still haven't watched the special, but it seems like the special is more different from the movie as compared to last year.

3. ET920

ET920 Member

The special is meant to be an introductory video but covering events of the last year. Compared to what people say about this year's movie, there is virtually no mention to the earthquake (other than Yuko's kageana during their first concert there), there is virtually nothing about Team 4 other than the surprise announcement and Minarun apologizing to fans, and there is virtually no footage of the Seibu Dome concert other than how many dresses they had there, small footage of RIVER, Flying Get, etc.

It is mostly a list of achievements during the year, with some recent news (like the Coming of Age ceremony).

4. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

ProjectSub48 have released their subs for the NHK documentary AKB48+1.

I'd been waiting for the subs to see this. The A-Z format is strange but there are some nice moments, the best of which have already been talked about here like Acchan telling off the KKS, and DJ Taz doing the overture. We also see Baby Blossom practising for the first time and first glimpse of the new First Rabbit song. Some of my favourite members had good moments too :)

Does anyone know if there was a LOD of the New Years theatre show? It looks good, I'm assuming the setlist is unique too?

5. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919

I don't think there'll be one. The event on the 1st is not a regular show; more of a New Year's greeting. It was only an hour long, too. As far as I know, only three songs were performed (Flying Get, Kaze wa fuite iru, Heavy Rotation). They spent most of their time doing MCs and giving away special new year's prizes to fans.

SKE's new year's show is up at DMM though.

6. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

^ Thanks for the info HRP. I always thought they were full shows. Must be fun to actually attend one of those though!

7. irontech

irontech Next Girls

If there is a NHK special and another documentary from the movie, then can anyone confirm whether is this a movie or a NHK special?

http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/wqhL_qKR1eg/

Thanks in advance.

8. Dan48

Dan48 Kenkyuusei

The link you posted is the NHK version. I don't think you can view the movie version yet.

9. irontech

irontech Next Girls

Thanks Dan. :)

10. Jin

Jin Kenkyuusei

11. straawbeeryy

straawbeeryy Kenkyuusei

Re: [MOVIE] - [Documentary of AKB48 "Show Must Go On"] '12/0

Ah, I really want to buy this. That booklet look super pretty. I wonder how high the possibility of having an english subtitled release is again for this documentary. They released the first one with subtitles so why not the second one?

12. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
  13. DeletedUser

DeletedUser Kenkyuusei

I sent them an email a while back and they said they want to release a subtitled version of the 2nd documentary in the U.S. and are hoping to make it happen. I guess it's just a matter of contracts and negotiations.

14. Kokuhaku

Kokuhaku Kenkyuusei

The cover is a bit...off :wtf:
    So last time, the cover's background is white. This time, for the sequel, they chose black? :D
    Still, I'd go with the box set, always love the booklet :inlove:

15. pamelaherana

pamelaherana Kenkyuusei

I want to watch this~ [boom]

16. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

The official blog just mention this..

2012-04-09 21:00:00

Is there a difference to what we already know here?

17. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

Re: [MOVIE] - [Documentary of AKB48 "Show Must Go On"] 12/01

It's now available @ H!O! :fear: [rock]

18. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

Yeah, I saw it. I'll see this first before deciding if I should buy one. :fear: :pirate:

19. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina

I thought it was pretty good. They could have made it longer and I wouldn't have complained at all. They had to rush the end to keep in the 2 hour time frame. Kouhaku didn't get mentioned, NHK and the music awards got about 2 minutes each which is a shame, especially considering how big a deal the award was.

I think I had tears in my eyes for most of the film. I hope everyone appreciates just how hard they all work even more after seeing it. The Seibu stuff was hard to watch. Takamina talking to Aki-P just shows he made the right choice in her. She truly is the lynchpin.

The election stuff was as to be expected, it would have be nice if they'd given some screen time to the girls not chosen at all. Its them that the election is hardest on. Sure Yuko may cry a lot over only getting 2nd, but for some of the members they have to sit there and be shown in front of everyone that they aren't popular. That must be heartbreaking.

The Team 4 was great too. Seriously.. why is Haruu not captain? Her not being announced captain caught everyone by surprise. The Minarun return and the meeting between her and Haruu was quite difficult to watch, I can't imagine the thoughts running through their heads during that.

20. straawbeeryy

straawbeeryy Kenkyuusei

I would say that this is worth buying (I wished that I could buy it). I agree that the Seibu Dome part was especially tough to watch. It was like watching a scary movie almost. It's horrible to watch but you can't turn away. I really wanted to skip through that part but I went through it bravely with my tissue box. More than that though, I think the earthquake stuff is most touch, imo, especially the scenes with the children and Miichan (you can really tell she loves them so much). Or any scenes with the children really broke my heart in general.

Yeah, the election stuff is obvious. A lot of tears. I was happy to see the Atsumina moment though (and every after that). I cried really hard along with Yuko though (when she broke down in Mariko's arms). I didn't expect to see her cry so much so I was caught off-guard. ;____;

This documentary heightened my opinion of Karen (not that it was low before or anything, but after watching the documentary, I really respect her and she's only 12!). Where does Aki-P find all these amazing kids?...