Single AKB48 26th [Manatsu no Sounds Good] 12/05/23

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by Tomokazu, Mar 24, 2012.

1. m3l

m3l Kenkyuusei

Right, should be Minarun :^^;: thank's :)

2. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

Let me also chip in with my view of the PV of the coupling songs.

In general, I see the production quality of the non-A-side songs is getting higher and higher. All those costumes and stage sets... It seems that when they announced all 4 groups that are formed after the senbatsu sousenkyo will get their own songs, they really mean to put in the budget to package the songs and market them. We also see an attempt to give less exposed or up-and-coming members more screentime, which again fits in the generation change idea for AKB this year.

OK on with the songs and the PVs....

Mitsu no Namida -
    I agree that it is a clever idea. It is simply one of the best ways to present so many girls in one PV. One can argue how good or bad the costume design for the three areas - I think it is all personal preferences (personally I do not find it that appealing). I quite like the idea of how LUCK plays in the fortune of the girls, and how many Oshi (the chips all have 推 on them, which is Oshi in Japanese) or popularity they get may look just like a wheel of fortune to the girls. Coming with a sousenkyo single, the link to the coming election is inescapable. Honestly I do not find the song to be that impressive but I like the idea of the PV. The extra scenes of those Chinese playing wheel of fortune do not look out of place (and I also want to add that the settings and the languages seem authentically Chinese to me). As for the tears, I just consider those 3 girls to be the "leader" in their respective area - they shed tears for the fortune of their "teams".

Choudai Darling -
    I really love the retro-cute fashion and setting. And the story is straightforward enough. Every single one of the top tier members look lovely and great (ok, perhaps Takamina's one is a bit overblown, but not by too much) The song is easy to like too. And compared to those girls in Mitsu no Nimida, aren't Paruru and Renacchi getting way too much screentime? :) They do not look as great as their senpai (which includes the clothes they got to wear) but screentime is everything, right? :) They even include the names at the end lest we don't know who is who after watching the PV!

Gugutasu no Sora -
    Did someone mention ugly costume? But if I am not mistaken, those costumes are based on costumes worn by Tibetans? Hmm... I kind of like the idea of using an exotic outfit to illustrate the far-reaching connection in Gugutasu though. And all the girls look so relaxed and have fun enjoying the moments - you really feel that they are happy to be in this gugutasu senbatsu team. Yeah, the chickens may look a bit awkward, but I guess it would cost much more to put a Tibetan yak there [hehe] Anyway, I think the melody is catchy enough to stay in brain for a long time - one may like it or hate it, I for one find it quite nice as it is a happy springly song.

3. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Manatsu no Sounds Good! > Mitsu no Namida > Gugutasu no Sora > Choudai, Darling!

- Managuu is a masterpiece. Love the song and both PVs. Pure beauty to the extreme. 10/10

- Mitsu no Namida is also full of beauty. Great song, great PV, and love the lineup - WASAMIN & MARIYAGI CO-CENTER!!! O___O !!! Yep, 'nuff said. ;) 9/10

- Gugutasu ... I like the song. The PV is nice, too - but yeah ... not a fan of those outfits. The girls are all really cute ... Yui-han, Akicha, Kitarie, etc. The most memorable thing from the PV for me though is Matsui Rena chasing after a chicken and she caught it in the end!!! O___O !!! :p 8/10

- Choudai, Darling ... the PV is kind of nice but I'm not a fan of this type of songs. Umm yeah .. doesn't do much for me. 7/10

4. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Oh, now it makes sense, thank you!! [bow]

So, for me...
    Songs: Gugutasu no Sora > Manatsu no Sounds Good! > Mitsu no Namida = Choudai, Darling!
    PVs: Gugutasu no Sora > Mitsu no Namida = Choudai, Darling! > Manatsu no Sounds Good! (yes, I don't forgive them for the first part :hmm:)

5. akb48

akb48 Kenkyuusei

MY favourite in order

Gugutasu > Managu> Choudai Darling > Mitsu no namida

Gugutasu no Sora was just amazing, the PV was well structured (well I liked it <3 ) and the lyrics was awesome!

Manatsu no Sounds good is so addictive to hear :XD:

Choudai Darling's PV was cute but I prefer Sweet & Bitter more because they wore cuter outfits and there wasn't as much members.

Mitsu no namida,
    Sayaka was crying and at first these guys were in the PV so yeah! My ranking :XD:

6. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

I'm sad, I really wanna see the PVs but Vimeo just had to lag for me today... ;_;

ASDFJKL: I NEED TO SEE GUGUTASU NO SORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

lol

Well I'll try to download them I guess. lol

7. HoneyRoastedPeanuts

HoneyRoastedPeanuts Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    hrp919
    Once you get a free account, you can download the original files directly from Vimeo. For non-HD videos the quality is much better than when streaming.

8. Jun

Jun Kenkyuusei

Thanks for upload!

First time I like a dance version PV. lol that Acchan dance in the beginning :lol:

From the b-sides Choudai, Darling! is very good. I didn't hear any previews before and I already like it.

9. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

So. I downloaded them.

Only watched Manatsu dance and Mittsu so far...

I forget who said and I'm too lazy to go look but the 3 shown crying... I found it interesting too for that reason, since they are Furage senbatsu. Though more than losing their spot if they maintain the same rank is that I notice they were passed over for Furage's #21 for a senbatsu spot. (Okay I personally have no complaints about that, obviously, but for them it must kinda suck... XD) And honestly I agree with Mocchi about what she said in that campaign video with the last spot in senbatsu being better than UG center. If it were me, I would prefer back of senbatsu any day, just because I would be in that main title song.

I feel like maybe they picked her for senbatsu partially because of her mindset about that? (Or maybe they just don't like Sayaka, Amina, and Yuka... =( That'd suck.) But I also noticed in Saisho no Mail that she has a bit of a "better" position than Akicha in line distribution because she and Yukirin do those overlapping lines... And also her duet with Yukirin got a PV and Akicha's didn't... But what I'm saying is it seems management likes her and wants to push her at least a little bit...? I guess it's hard to give her a big push when she is one of the oldest girls in the group... lol But for what it's worth, I'll take it happily. XD

Okay I'll go watch the others now. Watching in order so I can save Gugutasu no Sora for last... I love that song's lineup since my 4 favorites from that lineup are the exact same 4 favorites who were in DC!! <3

10. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

That's a really interesting analysis. Maybe they really expect those 3 to not make senbatsu anymore. But then again, that would motivate their fans even more idk. It's an never ending cycle. It's great that they are pushing Mochi tho. She's so beautiful and she has a great voice as well. The other three are great too but I think Mochi is more mainstream in a way.

I'm surprised that people actually liked Manatsu no Sounds Good's Dance pv? I thought it was really crappy! There was no synchronization at all! The choreography was all over the place. It's such a bad idea to have so many people in senbatsu because of this very reason. And the scenes of Mayuyu and Acchan flying was so cheap and tacky lol. I prefer the original PV so much more.

Here's my ranking
    Songs : Choudai Darling > Manatsu no Sounds Good > Gugutasu no Sora > Mitsu no Namida (Song is just so damn bland and generic)
    PV : Manatsu no Sounds Good (Full) > Mitsu no Namida > Gugutasu no Sora > Choudai Darling > Manatsu no Sounds Good (Dance)

Pretty tight single overall, I'm really glad I bought it. :)

11. areyoume

areyoume Kenkyuusei

Choudai, Darling PV kinda take me back to Baby3 PV :inlove: love the old school outfit theme :)

12. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

GUGUTASU NO SORA PV IS AWESOME

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

From this and from 0048 I think the 16th spot in my personal AKB rank is decided... OMG I feel bad that I have no Team 4 members but Harukyannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

She's tempting me so much. XD I realllly like this song and PV. And I don't think I could if I didn't like the center... XD

I still like Akicha and Mocchi better though. =P So Harukyan is on the level of Reinyan and Sakippe now. =P

*goes to edit Harukyan into sig*

Heck I've been thinking of adding her for a while but this totally sealed the deal for me. lol

The overall thing, all bias aside, is very nice. I loved the song itself from the beginning. The dance is very nice, and I love the theme. And the incorporation of G+ and thing related to it (like taking and uploading pics from your cell phone) is great too. <3

When it comes to a good song that I enjoy, it can still be great even if my oshimen is not in it. lol (Heck, I love Chance no Junban which also lacked my #1... XD) Somehow Mocchi and Akicha are present in both those though... And they are the first 2 members I knew from a manga magazine a few years ago! LOL

Ahh off topic a bit sorry. lol Um I also watched Choudai Darling before this. Looks like it was sorta the main girls teaching the 2 new girls? I dunno. lol it was a little confusing. The outfits are cute though.

Also. Mayuyuuuuu I didn't recognize her at first!!!!!! XD LOL Going through my head when she first appeared... Okay so girls with black hair. That's not Yuki, not Paruru, not (insert all other names I could remember off hand since I didn't remember the lineup for this song off the top of my head before the credits) and then I was like holy crap that's Mayuyu!!! XD

I like her mature look in this. =P

I'm a little sad Yuki/Mariko are 3rd row, despite ranking higher than Mayu/Takamina... =/ But what can you do. lol Takamina is always pushed and Mayuyu is younger so she's getting that same push the new girls are getting. XD

EDIT: (copy-paste it because it's off topic..... lol 5% size text crossed out. XD ↓)
    EDIT: Added Harukyan to my sig!! lol BTW I visited her S48 Wiki page and her age is very outdated... =/ She is 18 days older than me so she should be 18, no? lol It says 16. /offtopic

13. KyuketsuNyanNyan

KyuketsuNyanNyan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    This is my ranking for the songs (this is only by plain listening since I dont really have much time to watch the PVs)

Gugutasu no Sora > Mittsu no Namida > Choudai Darling > Manatsu no Sounds Good.

Individual short opinions:

- Gugutasu no Sora
    Honestly, I love this song so much. The song instrumental and chorus is so amazing, a really uplifting song lol :inlove:

- Mittsu no Namida
    Not bad song tbh...I really dont get hate on it. Personally, I rather enjoyed listening to this song, and like Gugutasu no Sora, I love the chorus <3 <3

- Choudai Darling
    Okay-ish song.....kinda boring along the verses, but picks up along the chorus. Not exactly a fan of its 'slowness'....but I guess its good :dunno:

- Manatsu no Sounds Good
    Okay, I dont know why, but I really cant get myself to like this.....something about it just doesnt click with me, probably the song that I least enjoyed listening in the album :fp:

Too bad the GREE song does not have a full version preview....but I'd probably rate that above Mittsu no Namida or possibly Gugutasu no Sora.

14. aces

aces Kenkyuusei

That made me kind of sad... it was like they didn't really belong in that video and that was just kind of rubbing it in. I don't remember who the third was, but I was sad that Sayaka and Amina were there with all those faces I didn't recognize*, it just didn't seem right. Also I didn't really like the song in general.

I love the Choudai Darling PV, though.

*I am working on this, haha, but even as a new fan I already feel like an old geezer getting all grumpy and going "eh? Who are these punks? I've never seen them before!" I'm trying to learn all the Team 4 and KKS members though. Slowly but surely :D

15. pakaulaw

pakaulaw Member

Twitter:
    MarJ_Yokoyama
    does anybody have the guitar chords to Manatsu no Sounds Good?

16. kingtheking81

kingtheking81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishizukaakari
    solid songs accompanied with great PV's , in following order:
    Gugutasu > best song of the single. Well balanced music arrangement with a catchy chorus. Not to mention a nice mix of members, which gives a fresh look
    Manatsu > too much focus on mayu and acchan. But the song saves everything. I like the composer!
    Mittsu > great concept of making all the members distinct. I didnt recognize Nakayan at first, but then she struck me with that beautiful and cool look! :inlove:
    Choudai > the usual atmosphere with top senbatsu. Renacchi and Paruru were the nice to notice features!

17. pakaulaw

pakaulaw Member

Twitter:
    MarJ_Yokoyama
  18. prataz

prataz Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Still figuring it out =x

I did post someone else's cover of the song! It's pretty good.

But you need to capo at the 1st fret as there's quite a few sharps and flats =)

I wonder when will we get the super long PV that will explain the entire Manatsu No Good story out

19. pakaulaw

pakaulaw Member

Twitter:
    MarJ_Yokoyama
    i don't think there will be a longer PV for this one. The dvd's already leaked and none of the videos in the dvd contained a longer version of the PV. Sad to say, we will never know the whole story of the PV unless somebody from AKS explains it to fans :)

[hehe] [hehe] [hehe]

20. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand
    I wonder if it's worth buying the theatre editions if you can't even attend the handshake events?

I'm a collector, so I do want all versions... But, that said I do want to spend all my money on voting tickets.

What to do... What to do...