Single AKB48 7th [Romance, Irane] 08/01/23

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by haruna_hamasaki, Nov 30, 2007.

1. yingying

yingying Kenkyuusei

when i see the pv preview...
    i don't like it very much..
    but after i see th full ver. pv..
    i really like it...the song is good...the dance is very well~

2. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

up on jpopsuki now..

downloading 190Mb version.....

(droools)

3. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I love how the file sizes get bigger and bigger.

4. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

I don't, I have to pay after downloads xD Everything for akb <3

5. pikopikopong

pikopikopong Kenkyuusei

^^ yay... finally on jpopsuki. Usually the best m-on came from jpopsuki.

6. Sanae

Sanae Kenkyuusei

Excatly.

I don't like the PV. Even when the dance routine is okay and the song is great. Bring back the usual AKB PV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

jpopsuki pv = no bass. demmit. i need to try the other versions of the pv out there. i mean, this is what attracted me to the song in the first place. argh...

8. Wordsmith

Wordsmith Kenkyuusei

Thanks for sharing everybody. I like this PV, eben though I'd have liked a story PV better. But Haruna dancing and not having to wait for H2 DVD to see it... I like the PV.

But next time another story PV, okay? Thanks in advance ^_^

9. gyan

gyan Kenkyuusei

Perhaps instead of "I don't need romance" this may be called " i do need more budget" Don't get me wrong the dancing and different members from the usuals is easily a plus. However based on the background, and (or lack there of a ) concept, I think this is definitely a step backwards from previous vids. Its probably bad timing as well since they could have used the kohaku exposure as momentum to gain more fans, however given that this is their next main thing they are goign to promote (hence PV), it may discourage new viewers. Hmm not sure, maybe akb cought the H!P! bug, where the company will from now on jsut rely on the girls looks and talents, instead of a balanced mix of girls talents withcreativity put into the art. Personally it was enough to be enjoyed for an established akb fan, however, are not PVs supposed to promote to everyone?

PS. Thanks for the download/viewing links

10. Pan-chan

Pan-chan Kenkyuusei

YAY NEW ROUTINE TO LEARN!!!!
    i like the simplicity of it
    thank you to all that posted downlaods and links and stuff
    X3333

11. milaya

milaya Kenkyuusei

Still don't really like the PV, it just looks like a very fancy TV preformance.
    I like the set up for the PV preformance, the girls looked pretty and the song is good. But still think the PV is a bit boring.

lol a very typical thing: when Ayaka and Erena shared a line, the camera zoomed in on Erena. Who already have more screen time, than Ayaka :roll:

12. kingtheking81

kingtheking81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishizukaakari
    agreeing with a lot of you that the song and perf are nice , but to promote the single with such a PV is kinda lacking effort from tha company. And something else, after watching the first time , there's is too little of Yukari and KIKUCHI!! well, tthere are a alot of members this time.

13. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

I noticed that they have problems moving together :eek: No wonders tho, they didn't have much time for practicing o_O

14. TimeBomb

TimeBomb Kenkyuusei

lame pv

15. luminouswave

luminouswave Kenkyuusei

The song is really great, but the PV looks like a TV-Perf. Even I thought at first a dark PV would be released :cry:
    The great one : DANCING. No wonder they make a great stride.

16. Alaksandus

Alaksandus Kenkyuusei

I have yet to preorder the new single. I almost completely forgot about it due to being really busy lately. When I realized the PV was out I was kinda excited. I dropped by H!O to check it out and thought I got it wrong, since it looked like a TV performance from the screen caps. Checked here and well it turned out to be the actual PV.

Downloaded it and well...I like the song but I could have loved the song perhaps with a better PV. Like said by some others, this is really a step back from all the other videos. Even some TV performances are better staged. I'm really disappointed with the PV overall. It's more like something H!P would do. I hope this is just a one time experiment. They could had just used a stage performance and I wouldn't have had anything bad to say. Also...compared to all their other singles Romance's CD covers are the most awful yet.

The fan in me says to preorder it now. Pragmatism says otherwise, I'm not which will win yet.

17. mark

mark Kenkyuusei

I am always looking forward to the "making of" video, but not this time. Lowest budget AKB48 pv ever. Even the girls seem bored, they hardly smile...

18. haruna_hamasaki

haruna_hamasaki Senbatsu Staff Member Studio48 Admin

how about others?
    Eques... cyborg Mayuyu?

19. TripleT

TripleT Kenkyuusei

maybe their lack of budget is because of yuuhi's selling.

I just hope that there will be the real PV at the DVD.
    even H!P PVs are much better than this.

20. Tatami Mats

Tatami Mats Member

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami
    My thoughts of the PV aside

Regarding effort and complaints of the PV

AKB48 just doesn't have the time or necessity to film a full-feature PV. Addressing comments mentioning the difference in quality of PVs between other JPop groups --> AKB48 performs 7 days a week. How often does Hello Project perform? Morning Musume?

The difference between AKB48 and the other groups is the amount of times you can see them. Meet them, shake their hands, talk to them, take pictures with them, play games with them at festivals, buy food from them at the cafe, get letters, valentines, and chocolates from, go to their book signings, and so on.

Daily performances underly this original concept. It's the bread and butter of AKB48. It's what makes them tick, and what brings in the money. Approximately 260 people a day pay 3,000 yen each for 780,000 yen a day in sales of concert tickets only. That's well over $7,000 USD per day. Team B pulls in 520,000 (over $5000 a day) just in sales. Team B tickets will probably rise to 3,000 yen when their get their own stage in 2 months.

In 1 month, lets say there are 18 B shows and 18 Himawari shows. That's 23,400,000 yen, or about $218,000 monthly. Not including merchandise sale, royalties, and other sources of revenue. How much will record sales be boosted by a *slightly* better PV? Does it makes sense for AKB48's management to lose 10 days of sales just to go shoot a PV which is going to cost an INSANE amount of money? Do you know how much it costs to transport 48 girls? With 48 girls' stuff? That's why BINGO was filmed in Chiba, and they took buses, not Okinawa, by airplane.

Not many of the fans in Tokyo who buy 10 or 15 or 20 of their same CDs would be too happy if AKB48 disappeared for 10 days to go film a PV. That takes away from the "idols you can meet" mantra that Akimoto has been pushing. The same reason why the BLT photos, CDs, gaccha balls, etc, all sell out almost the instant they go on sale. Being that close to the idols is what drives this machine.

In the trade off, the PVs suffer. AKB48 isn't very strong for their PVs. But what is a PV, anyway? A promotional video. For a fan base that is so tightly knit, AKB48's management realizes a strong PV isn't what is going to push them over the top with sales or rankings. Sticking to the original attraction of the group is what is going to keep the fans coming back -- by giving them what they had originally promised.

$0.02

*puts on flame suit*