Umeda Ayaka (Umechan) / AKB48 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by xyish, Jun 5, 2007.

1. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Re: Umeda Ayaka / Team K

Yes, let's hope the final results are as amazing as the preliminary were... :)

2. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Guys, I voted for Umechan. I have faith in her and all of us! :D

3. maki2589

maki2589 Kenkyuusei

damn it! i really wanted to vote for umechan, but i couldnt buy anymore singles :cry: . i shouldn't have counted on kino having it in stock.
    im really sorry umechan. i really hope she stays in the top 16.
    next time im making sure to order more so i can vote for umechan too

4. ~~kumako~~

~~kumako~~ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsumurasayuri

good luck, baby ;________________;!

5. gekophetweb

gekophetweb Kenkyuusei

Bitch yeah Senbatsu, though a little higher would have been nice, Senbatsu is still Senbatsu

6. ~~kumako~~

~~kumako~~ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsumurasayuri

i'm still shaking lol!
    ;___________;! omg! baby! you're in senbatsu rn! and so happy and proud of you....

7. MayaChanJuritan

MayaChanJuritan Kenkyuusei

Really proud of Ayaka! I'm actually way happier than I thought I'd be :)

8. notsolittlej

notsolittlej Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    qurlsday

Guyssss, guys! I can't believe it! She made it <3 <3 <3 She freaking made it! I'm so proud of her you don't even know.

9. jinbaoyin48

jinbaoyin48 Kenkyuusei

she made it!... [rock] ...although this moment has been long overdue...the real life story of hard work getting its rewards...

10. karles48

Umechan in senbatsu...great news!!! [party] [party] [party] (now I'm really happy that Acchan left... [devil])

11. gekophetweb

gekophetweb Kenkyuusei

12. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka

Im so happy for Umechan , she was seriously happy!!!!!!!! she didnt know what to do if cry or smile haha

13. karles48

From the election's thread (courtesy of Jul3): picture of the senbatsu (guess who stands out? [hehe])
    [​IMG]

14. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

^ since you bring me here, Karles, I might as well post these:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfnMlCLS4vo[/yt]

I was so happy for Umechan making senbatsu. By such a short margin. She was great centering the undergirls last time (and, by coincidence, that song from Seibu Dome comes on whilst I'm typing this...) (and in other PVs like Gondola Lift) but being in senbatsu is a whole different matter. Everyone was happy about it after the prelims but it was great to see her just make it in :)

----

And thanks gekophetweb for such a quick translation, not only of Umechan's blog, but the others too [bow]

15. karles48

Agree. When she injured her leg she started walking a path full of doubts and fears, but she gritted her teeth and kept on working slowly but steadily so in the end she finally fulfilled her dream. And I think this is why everybody loves and respects her. [clap]

16. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

omfg your comment is making tear up! I'm so amazingly proud of her. She went against the odds and she pulled through! She's incredible! I would love to see how management is going to deny her rank at all now. 16 is so incredibly high! With this chance her future is gonna soar I believe.

Solo song in next DiVA single please!

17. gekophetweb

gekophetweb Kenkyuusei

Your welcome Jul3, to be honest I did most of them with half a mind cause these events are ones I really hate (cause of major blog updates and stuff which 3 times longer than usual).

and thanks for the yt clip, couldn't watch the broadcast before cause of work >.<

still can't actually believe she's in Senbatsu >.< [party] [party] [party] [party] [party] [party] [party] [party] [party]

18. Erinacchi

Erinacchi Kenkyuusei

I'm not actually a fan of Ayaka's, but I'm really happy she made it to senbatsu, because seeing someone who usually doesn't make it making it makes me cry tears of joy.
    And I just realized I write very weird English.

19. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu

Ume-chan entering Senbatsu seems to be far fetch idea last year since people were already surprise by her UG Center finish last year but miracles happen and it feels good. Her Shukan special episode must have really help for people to appreciate and know her more.

Damnit , why I'm I nervous I might not see her in the PV. :fp:

Thank gekophetweb for the translation!

20. cisumechan

cisumechan Kenkyuusei

the Shukan special helped but I doubt it was the difference maker in this case. Umechan has been all about consistency the past few years now, she's good at her job and does it very well. It's about making the most out of what's given to her. DiVA and other side projects (movies, radio work, tv appearances, random guestings) plays a big factor in this. Also, when it calls for international performances, she's there to lead, has been one of the main centers when they send a group all around asia and the US. Just throw her on stage to perform, japan or wherever, and she will always get new fans with her skill and stage presence.

As for the AKB promotion aspect, of course it started with her UG center position from last years elections, she promoted it very well. It carried to the janken tournament at the end of last year and with some luck helped her get in senbatsu to get a bit more exposure. Aside from these things, nothing really out of the ordinary for Umechan in AKB. She had a run in Shukan episodes for a while but nothing else. A few guestings in Ariyoshi to promote Lost the Way and thats about it, still mostly in the background but that's fine.

I'm just really happy to see my oshimen grow and knowing that she still hasn't reached maximum exposure and peak popularity just gets me excited even more for her future. :)