Why won't you like my oshi!?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by aakun, Feb 21, 2011.

1. asudja

asudja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Re: Why won't you like my oshi!? EXPLAIN IT TO ME

Miyazaki Miho

she was a senbatsu in iiwake maybe n heavy rotation rite? and in the latest sosenkyo, she ranked 38!! not even in undergirls..
    I don't have any opinion about her than "she's like an outsider to me".
    well she's funny with all the rebellious character, I don't mind her being chubby (I like chubby girls), but I just don't find the spark in her..
    she's.. how to say this.. nothing special about her (in my perspective)..

Yokoyama Yui

really? lots of ppl hate her? [shock] well she's not special in dancing or singing.. she's only "decent". I watched her a few times in AKBingo muchaburi and ikemen episode.. well I could say.. she's quite "cute".
    she and her "shy" chara.. she didn't overreact things, she didn't throw smiles easily (which made me skip a beat when she smiles.. coz they're rare to some extent I would pay more for her smile!!)
    did she deserve her senbatsu position? I think so..

2. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

Generally true, though her reactions at the sousenkyo last night look, shall we say, a bit overreacting? Last year I was really moved to see her choking in tears but the same again this year? Not saying it was not her true emotion though...

Actually I expected her to rise even higher, but 14 is not bad...

3. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

^I don't think Yui was overreacting, she's just unexpectedly emotional and has those outbursts whenever something happy happens to her xD It was the same in her first birthday show and when she was promoted lol. I think it's endearing, but I'm hoping she'll grow out of it and becomes less insecure overall :)

4. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

i think yui was legit happy. no way she was overreacting since she's generally someone that underreacts.

it was also great because everyone was laughing at her, the crowd and the members too. it cut the tension :D

5. aces

aces Kenkyuusei

I actually find that very endearing, haha. I have reeeeally bad panic attacks sometimes, but even putting that aside, I don't think my view is too colored by that in saying that anyone would be pretty emotional/nervous/etc during the election! I think it is refreshing that she is still not totally as composed as idols usually are.

6. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88

Yui is pretty awkward and clumsy imho, which can be turn off for most people. She's quite adorable for me, though. :)

7. Ringo

Ringo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    naganoserika

I didn't know people hate Yui :wtf: She's such a hard-worker, she deserved to get a push. And I think her personality is really nice - she usually seems reserved but sometimes can get so emotional, it's endearing :cry2:

What I'm wondering about is why people don't like Kato Rena ?

8. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

She doesn't smile (she's doing better in that department though) and looks like she's bored most of the time she's on stage. Also, I've heard some people being frustrated with her being pushed so much when she doesn't really have many fans.

9. deflate

deflate Kenkyuusei

Miyazaki Miho
    About Myao, I agree that probably her gaining weight becomes one of the major points why she is losing her popularity. And that she probably have a bad handshake attitude, which explains why her handshake popularity is low. However, I still think that she's one of the prettiest girl in the group regardless of her weight. And that she has a good voice, with proper training she can be a good singer.

Yokoyama Yui
    I used to feel meh towards Yui, but that's mainly because I don't get how she could be extremely awesome on one occurrence and becomes boring in another. But she's a hard worker, and I respect her for her hard work.

Kato Rena
    I think Renacchi is pretty... and that's all. I don't exactly get her appeal besides of the fact that she's pretty.

I am really wondering why Nakamura Mariko is on the bottom list of Team 4 in terms of popularity? I know that's because she's hardly anywhere, but I think she makes the most of her limited appearances. Yes, this is basically me complaining why people aren't noticing my oshimen.

10. Ringo

Ringo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    naganoserika

If that's how people see Renacchi then I understand why they don't like her. That description makes me think about Oku Manami and why I disliked her :^^;: Renacchi doesn't look like that to me on some reason, but she did look tense during Kouhaku in "Nagisa no Cherry".

I've heard she had a b*tchy attitude, but I don't know if that's true since I don't follow her. I agree about her voice, I remember hearing her sing "Shinkirou" and she was actually good in it.

I think that if she got more exposure, she could become one of the popular members of team 4 because she's one of the cutest members of Team 4 and not less talented than the more popular girls.

11. aces

aces Kenkyuusei

Myao is definitely sassy, but I think that's part of what makes her charming. I always find her extremely amusing in AKBingo/Shuukan because of that.

12. Jester48

Jester48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamauchisuzuran
    Twitter:
    UnknownJester_

I love Komari!! Like you said though, she is hardly seen anywhere :cry: She really does have a great voice. I wish she would get more chances!

13. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88

I think for the shallow ones, Komariko is not cute enough compared to other girls. She has good singing though.

As for Myao... I dislike her singing and I'd never understand what people saying about how she still has more poential, lol. :^^;:

14. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

^we must be musical elitist twins or something :awesome: I've never thought Myao was a good singer, she has a powerful voice, but she's off pitch a lot and is usually flat when she sings live.
    also, I just noticed it's you from Canta per Me! Perfect taste!

15. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88

*high five with garnetjester* :awesome:

Komorin has better singing than Myao tbh. If she sings in her deeper voice. :hehe:

16. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe

which is like what, every 2 years? :D

someone needs to get that girl some voice lessons.

17. deflate

deflate Kenkyuusei

I agree that in her earlier days she is not as cute as other members, but she has been getting prettier nowadays. I used to be shallow and dismiss her for her looks, but now I have been enlightened lol :D

Myao's voice has a lot of potential. Now, if only she gets proper vocal training, I'm sure she can do better.

18. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Myao can sing strong and well which she was showing in patches some three years ago. It is hard to get to hear any of the girls sing live solo bits to gauge if they can or cannot sing.

She is a strong no nonsense and maybe a bit socially thick personality, a good addition and contrast to the cuteness which abounds elsewhere.

19. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka

Some AKB fans don't really appreciate Myao's fondness of K-Pop and Korean culture. Not that they're racist or anything, but AKB and K-Pop are sort of rival-ish kinds of stuff so they might not take a liking to that. Though, Acchan hangs out with KARA or so I don't know what the big deal is.

But I don't think Myao's fall off hasn't been as drastic as it seems. Weight gain and being kicked off of senbatsu in favor of Akicha, Yui and the NMB girls and whatnot, but as the election shows, she still has a pretty big fan base so I don't think it's as bad as we imagined.

20. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Not my oshii but lovetan plummeted down by thirty ranks right? why isn't she popular? she's really cute and i thought japan really likes kawaii? and she's the only loli with a proper cute voice, not a fake nasal one *coughsmayuyucoughs* and she's also pretty young.

What happened? Wasn't she a Team B front girl? She didn't even get to center a unit for B4!