Event / Concert AKB48 27th Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo 12/06/06

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Kokuhaku

Kokuhaku Kenkyuusei

@Sammy48: Okay, I get what you mean now. Hope that she learn bits by bits from these incidents

I just watched the Fuji TV live special. Hum, is it dedicated to Sasshi? Her mother, special interview etc. Don't know what Fuji TV wants with her? It's not helping her at all and somehow made the whole thing look really ridiculous. Plus, it ended in the middle of Yuko's speech. I'm pretty sure the staff of Fuji TV is dealing with non-stop complaining calls.
    Acchan being special guest was a plus though

2. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    i think it's more that you carry the burden of the fans (as well as the staff who pushed you) who want to see you rank higher that is stressful, rather than a personal interest in ranking higher and beating others.

that's what i would think, at least.

3. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

I heard that later she was given a chance to explain her action, I think she said she dislike janken because holding it at Budokan might insult wrestlers or something, that's what I heard anyway.
    Also she have more fans and because she explained herself that people are more easily forgiving her I guess? While Natsumi never explained about this as far as I know.

4. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

I'm starting to have a strong feeling that the election results are slightly tweaked by management. They probably monitored the situation and pumped in more votes themselves. An up and coming kenkyusei as the center of Future Girls? How apt! A girl who was around for a while who had a breakthrough cause of her enka debut as the center for new girls? And how did they successfully managed to fend of all the sister groups from centering a song? Sayanee only lost out to Akicha by 60 votes.

Not that I mind anything tho. I liked the results alot!

As with regards to Umechan and Akicha. WELL. Umechan did better this year cause she is a success story. She went from a nobody to a center of undergirls to a senbatsu member. That's why her star is going to keep rising. Akicha on the other hand is flopping. She dropped. And she dropped so hard. Being the Undergirls center again after making senbatsu is not a good thing. I don't really mind though cause I think she has lost alot of the charms that she once had already. I find her alot less interesting now. My only concern of her centering under girls is that she's gonna draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag an extremely talented bunch of girls. For once Under Girls is actually cool, talented and fierce and not typical idol.

I really hope Natsumi's star rises soon tho! She's at a very good position from a PR point if view. The lonely girl who sat all by herself as she watches the rest of her team rank. She has a sob story right over there already. She's at a much better position then those who ranked low tbh.

5. reddertar

reddertar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena
    Sasshi is a regular of Waratte Iitemo, the long-running and popular daytime variety show of Fuji TV. So Sasshi is like their representative then they keep focus on her.
    And they can making fun with Sasshi since she didn't have 'idol image' to keep like other front girls.

6. chewybacca

chewybacca Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sudaakari
    Twitter:
    mhcc27
    More Western media coverage about the election; this time, from two major national newspapers especially surprising from The Australian given how serious its news coverage usually is, and they're actually quite decent write-ups too (compared to what you might normally expect from the West):
    More here

More here

7. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    Not a bad write up by the guardian actually. Better than the usual stuff you read.

8. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I appreciate it that they included this point unlike with the AP news report putting much credit to the "baring of flesh" to AKB's success.

9. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

^ too bad mate the guardian had made a mistake as the guys did not choose a president of akb but a center instead...

10. Sammy48

Sammy48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    ryouhas
    ^ Yeah that was funny. Yuko the president. [hehe]

11. hydeistaby

hydeistaby Kenkyuusei

president of j-pop :fp: :lol:

12. Callighan

Callighan Kenkyuusei

^ More like Yuko the Queen. [party]
    That being said, Queens aren't elected. My bad. [hehe]

Anyhow, pretty neat stuff from The Australian & The Guardian. It's interesting how they link this up to the actual political state of affairs in Japan.

13. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    Well that was a funny mistake, and they'll likely correct it if their attention is brought to it. I clicked a link about KPop and Girls Generation. The guardian article mentioned 1,2,3,4! Yoroshiku as an SKE48 song. At the bottom of the article, it was stated that the article was amended because the original said 1!2!3!4! Yoroshiku is by AKB48.

14. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

Is there a need to bring Takamina's family scandal into this?
    Come on.... :hmm:

15. toddvanzetti

toddvanzetti Kenkyuusei

Folks, what we call 'center' only makes sense because we have a far more detailed understanding of what goes on in AKB48.

For the authors of the article to call Oshima the 'center' and it to make sense to anyone outside this forum in the English speaking world would require a paragraph of explanation.

While 'leader' may have been a better shorthand, 'president' is not that much more misleading.

The article was written for an audience that does not know AKB48 and as a first level of approximation it was not too bad. Think for a moment how long it takes to explain AKB48 to your friends who have never heard of them and in a way that also makes sense to them.

Personally I find it difficult not to tell people they have more than 48 members in ABK48, but that level of complication should not be part of an initial conversation; though these articles all had that information in there.

The articles were not written for us but those that know nothing.

16. Sammy48

Sammy48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Twitter:
    ryouhas
    But president is very misleading. It's like saying she's taking over AKB as a head which she's not.

17. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    for that matter, saying she's going to lead akb for the next year is also misleading.

18. The_Hot_Zone

The_Hot_Zone Kenkyuusei

WTF? Details please?????????????? I never heard about this.

19. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand
    It's the media, they're assholes with this kind of stuff. They'll keep on picking the scab, over and over again.

But, eh. It's their job, and the public loves commotion. :hmm:

20. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

Oh it happened a while ago. Basically her mum got arrested for having sex with a minor who is Takamina's brother's friend. It was a complicated issue.

My local newspaper congratulated Yuko for being the new president of AKB as well! Lmao it's such an insult to Takamina since she is after all the leader.