TV / Radio [ANIME] [AKB0048] 12/04/29~

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by xinchun, Oct 18, 2011.

1. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

^
    Umm LOL

---

I know that the appearance isn't the main thing but all of the successors we have seen so far DO have SOME resemblance in physical appearance to the girl they are succeeding.

And even so, I just don't really see Chieri having the Yuko vibe...? I dunno. lol

2. Lin

Lin Kenkyuusei

Not really. Orine looks nothing like Sashiko, and after all the drama from episode 6, it's pretty much guaranteed that she will become Sashiko anyway.

If we're going by personality alone, Chieri is Acchan. She's slightly stoic and introverted just like her.... but everyone keeps saying that Nagisa is going to be Acchan because of her physical resemblance, even though her personality doesn't match at all, so what do I know?

Well, what I do know is that this series is Kawamori's toy, and if you're watching Aquarion Evol then you know that even the most unexpected things can happen.

Personally though, I still think that unless the trainees form a new team and get to keep their names, Nagisa and Chieri are indeed going to become Acchan and Yuuko's successors, although not necessarily in that order. But really, with Kawamori at the helm, you never know for sure.

3. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

Err... I think being stoic and introverted makes her more like Mayuyu. Yes, I am all for Chieri becoming Mayuyu -- think of the buzz it would generate! In fact I already thought about the scenario: Chieri went back to face her father, had a bitter battle with the mecha her father made, got hurt badly and was saved only by being converted into a cyborg, and voila we have Mayuyu !! :D

Seriously, from how the story develops and the arrangement in OP, I think the idea is clealry for Nagisa to become Acchan and Chieri is to be Nagisa's rival, which would mean Yuko. Ep.7 already made clear (despite what Tsubasa said about Under is chosen only on merit of performance skills) that Kanata will be Takamina and Mimori will be Kojiharu.

---------------------

And I am not sure if anybody noticed, but I think we should pay tribute to other AKB members who contributed to AKB0048.

The voice behind Wanibuchi Megumi, the KKS appointed to be Yukirin's under, is team M's Kinoshita Momoka.
    The voice behind Yanagikawa Hazuki, the KKS suspecting aloud that Chieri may be a spy, is team 4's Takeuchi Miyu.

-------------------

Also you can participate in a handshaking event with the 77th gen KKS from AKB0048 !!!

Virtual handshaking event (you need to join Avatar Pure a social network virtual environment)
    http://festa.hangame.co.jp/shop2012/akb0048.nhn

As said before if you love AKB0048 please consider buying the DVD or BD when it comes out:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39K5XUtQ9Kk[/yt]

4. deflate

deflate Kenkyuusei

I still don't get how Orine is supposed to succeed Sasshi, anyway. I get more Sasshi vibes from Makoto instead.

5. Lin

Lin Kenkyuusei

Mayuyu might be stoic, but I don't think she's introverted at all. She doesn't speak much probably because she's a gynoid, but she clearly couldn't give a fuck. Acchan the 13, on the other hand, is specifically described as shy and introverted by Yuuko the 9th. Introverted and shy, that's how I see Chieri now that she's leaving the bitch act behind....

I don't really disagree with this. But this is a Kawamori anime, so I won't take anything for granted just yet, no matter how obvious it seems.

6. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

Awwww I thought you meant IRL for a moment... XD lol

7. Jun

Jun Kenkyuusei

Wow, virtual handshaking event... This is something new [hehe]

8. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

Can I just say one thing? mayuyu is killing it with the one liners in episode 6. "you have my extra servings...? Bahahahahahahaha definitely my favorite non kks character on this anime :D

9. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

I believe many people know there are spinoff manga to go along with the anime AKB0048. In fact there are FOUR of them, all take place in the same universe as AKB0048 and involve AKB0048 members and are drawn by all diffrent artists and serialized in different magazines.

I have done some research around by reading the first chapter (available on the publisher's sites free) of all the four manga. In combination with the anime, they paint an epic timeline of the history of AKB0048.

Let me provide an introduction:

The timeline of the manga and the anime is like this:

0038 - とびだせ!AKBぜろぜろ女学園 (Fly away! AKB zero zero girl academy)
    0041 - AKB0048 EPISODE 0
    0046-7 - AKB0048 ~ハート型オペレーション~ (AKB0048 Heart-shape Operation)
    0048 - AKB0048 anime
    0098 - 宇宙で一番ガチなヤツ! (The most serious chap in the universe)

Basically the style of the manga started from kids shojo manga for 0038 manga, then shojo manga for 0041 and 0046 manga, finally ended with shonen manga for 0098 manga. In terms of genre, 0038 one is a comedy of a series of very short stories. 0041 is a drama about girls growing up in AKB0048, kind of like the anime. 0046 is a detective adventure story, while 0098 is a space travel adventure story.

0038 is about a girl Ichinose Kaname who accidentally got into a girl academy she did not know about and did not originally plan to go. And the fun derives from all the antics performed by its students and trainers, even the schoolmaster Shinaozaki Marina who used to be Mariko 5th and is a bishojo fetish :D

The AKB0048 members we see in 0038 so far are
    - Acchan 11th
    - Yuko 8th
    - Yuikrin 5th
    - Mayuyu 3rd
    - Kojiharu 7th
    - Takamina 4th
    - Tomochin 9th

0041 is about a girl from 68th gen KKS, Hoshino Furea who was really clumsy and her friend Houjou Noa, also of 68th, who was really skilled. (BTW, in the anime the latest KKS is 77th gen) However, suddenly Furea was appointed to be Acchan 12th and the relationship between the two got bitter....

The AKB0048 members we see in 0041 so far are
    - Acchan 12th (appointed in the story)
    - Yuko 8th
    - Mayuyu 3rd
    - Takamina 5th
    - Tomochin 10th

0046 is actually about Kanata who also appeared in the anime. Kanata was summoned to assist Acchan, Yuko and Kojiharu in a mission to protect a invaluable AKB treasure - the dress worn by the original AKB members - which was stored in an elite girl highschool, because a mysterious female burglar had announced she would steal the dress.

The AKB0048 members are the same as the anime by now.
    - Acchan 13th
    - Yuko 9th
    - Mayuyu 3rd
    - Kojiharu 8th
    (the following have not appeared in the manga in 1st chapter)
    - Yukirin 6th
    - Takamina 5th
    - Tomochin 11th
    - Sae 10th
    - Sayaka 10th

In 0098 we only see one girl, Oota Kazuo, trying to escape anti-idol forces and bumped into a guy who worked menial job on the planet after he crashed onto it in a space flight accident. Although he had a spacecraft hidden he could not drive it as he now got nausea whenever he thought about space travel. Could he help this girl, who later revealed her true identity - Acchan 23th and claimed she wanted to gather all her pals to reform AKB0048?

The only AKB0048 member seen so far is of course
    - Acchan 23th

So you can see the casualty rate for AKB0048 members is pretty high...

======

Also in the AKB0048 official site, they now have a few more entries, what is interesting is that WOTA in the anime is actually an acronym !!
    It stands for Whole Over Technology Association and is in fact a group of people who are not just keen fans of AKB0048 but also mecha enthusiasts who built ita-mecha and trained for combat. Wow...

And the anti-idol organisation has a full name: DGTO standing for Deep Galactic Trade Organisation

10. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

question: given that sashihara rino is sorta not in AKB48 as of today... does anyone think the writers are gonna super casually retcon the last two episodes and take sashiko out? does that mean orine will aspire to be someone else? i'm a bit worried :/

11. Lin

Lin Kenkyuusei

Yeah, I think they'll probably retcon Sashiko's name out of the show. The BD/DVD version of episode 6 will probably be revised and they'll replace Sashiko's name and pictures with some other AKB member.

It would be great if they don't do this, but....

12. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

That would be a lot of work for a technicality though...

I don't see why they would bother, to be honest. She's not in AKB anymore but she still was, and she's still in the 48 family.

And also since this takes place in the future, all the "originals" will have graduated or left the group in some way ANYWAY.

I think since she is part of AKB48 history they don't need to edit her out. Acchan is leaving but she's not gonna be edited out. Circumstances are a little different but the overall result is that neither will be in the group. But they both were at some point so why take them out?

That would require all the seiyuu who ever mentioned "Sasshi" or "Sashihara Rino" or any other form of her name to come back and re-record. It would require a lot of scene editing... It just doesn't seem worth it.

13. undine235

undine235 Kenkyuusei

^^^ yeah, you're probably right. idk only because in acchan's case, she graduated/died/etc as an actual member of akb48. If sasshi were to stay in HKT permanently, it would be weird for her successors to just be AKB again. Kinda like how W Matsui don't make any appearances in this anime even though they're senbatsu mainstays. But then they were never in AKB to begin with. Blahhhhh I'm just gonna hope it doesn't matter :/

14. Lin

Lin Kenkyuusei

I don't know about Satalight specifically, but a lot of anime studios do retouching for their BD/DVD releases all the time. It's really not that difficult because every visual element on screen is layered so things can be easily removed etc. I think the image of Sashiko appears only once, so changing that wouldn't be much of a problem actually.

The matter with the dialog is a bit more problematic, that much is true. Although, since episodes 10 - 13 are still on story-boarding process, I think it would be possible to re-record the bits of dialog that include her name while recording the new dialog.

But who knows, they may not change anything.

15. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

I hope Satelite NOT and NEVER revamp all of Episode 6, because technically (and thankfully) Sasshi is still within the franchise, regardless of any team she's transferred to (considering that "Powerstation" Jurina has been in both SKE and AKB on most occasions, which some of us come to see as typical).

16. hugoa

hugoa Kenkyuusei

And yet again another piece of art. This just gets better and better. [rock] [rock]
    I truly love the small details. Takamina's ship had a ribbon on it, "かわいい". :cute: :cute: :cute: :cute:
    Now, the true story starts to develop... Can't wait... :drool: :drool:

17. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

If anyone's going to watch Episode 8, first please make sure your seatbelts are secured properly -- it's going to be an emotional ride.

18. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

No bias but I swear this is the underrated anime of the season..and I tried to follow most of the anime this season...its not the best since there's some awkwardness but it's so entertaining and dramatic

I was glued on the screen during the scene with takamina considering how the creator have a tendency to kill off his characters [whew]

19. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

@symbv: what do you think about these "stalker" figures below?
    (compare with Yaraon)

To rank #5 really means something.

----------
    Thinking about Kanata, must be that Harukyan's (I'd rather call her that way than Harucan) channeling some of her personal feelings into characterization.

20. xinchun

xinchun Kenkyuusei

ASDFOMG SAKI IS FIRST

...sorry. XD I love than anime too..... LOL

ON TOPIC:

Harukyan is doing awesome in this... lol

It's funny though because with this as well as a lot of anime voiced by people I already follow, I often forget that it's a person behind that voice... XD I guess that means they are doing a good job though. lol